The Advance of Bible Prophecy in 2005
Commentary on the News
Friday, January 13, 2006
So many things of significance prophetically took place in 2005 and will escalate in 2006 that is difficult to summarize. Due to limited space, I will keep my thoughts brief.
As we near the Lord's return, all signs will escalate more as do "birth pangs", or as some Bible translations read, an escalation in the "beginning of sorrows." All of this plays out in the Tribulation but we have warning signs today to help us be discerners of the times.
* A recent story I had on my "current headlines" read, "All world rulers watch Jerusalem." While this was in the context of Ariel Sharon, it applies across the board with regards to Israel as the Bible foretold.
* The rise of Iran and Russia's role in aiding her with nuclear capability which is setting the stage for Ezekiel 38-39.
* The intensified longing for "peace and safety" so much so that the world is deluded that this will come about if there could just be a Palestinian state. Therefore, people are trusting in false "peace and safety" (I Thess. 5).
* Growing deception, delusion, and apostasy in the world and the church. It doesn't get any stranger than the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. visiting and praising Hamas and Hezbollah. And in the world, that PA/PLO leader Mahmoud Abbas is a man of peace unlike Yaser Arafat and that Russia is our ally in the war on terror. (II Thess. 2, I Tim. 4)
* Persecution of both Jews and Christians intensified in 2005, but America's struggles with the "war on Christmas" and other issues pales in significance to the suffering of believers in far-away lands (Luke 21:17). A good grassroots project in the coming years would be a "stop the ACLU" campaign in America.
* The biggest ecumenical advance in decades with the funeral of Pope John Paul II as we push towards the one world religion (Rev. 13, 17). Pope Benedict 16th has stated that he will continue the previous pope's efforts at "unity."
* The intensified indifference and scoffing at the soon return of the Lord (II Peter 3:3).
* A record-setting weather/natural disaster year with more evidence of it escalating in 2006 (Luke 21:25). These events are also considered "birth pangs" by eschatology-watchers.
* The Jewish San Hedrin coming together for the first time in many centuries to plan for the rebuilding of the Temple.
* The longing for a "world leader" to solve many problems. Men hailed in 2005 as potential world leaders were Javier Solana, Bill Clinton, Mikhail Gorbachev, Nelson Mandela, the Dali Lama, and Pope Benedict 16th.
* Also, the rise of the push to the "one world system." See Revelation 13 and 17 for issues such as this, a world ruler, and ecumenical push. Likely the rise of terrorism will be the biggest push towards the effort to "unite globally."
* The march of technology that will one day play into the hands of the antichrist, from chip technology, to spy technology, computer-related technology, and much more. This fits into the predicted "increase of knowledge" towards the end (Daniel 12).
* The rise of China, her military, and her technology. She plays a major role in the last days (Rev. 9, 16).
* The decline of society which now is being tempered and challenged by the Church. See many references including II Timothy 3, Jude 18, II Peter 3.
* Nations having "distress with perplexity" due to scandals, weather/disaster issues, crime, and more (Luke 21).
• The escalating comparisons to "the days of Noah" and the 21st Century (Matthew 24).
For further insights, visit my Web site and then “Prophecy Watch.”
The good news is that we are one year closer to Eternity, one year closer to the sound of the trumpet when we meet the Lord in the air....and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Comfort one another with these words and keep looking up rather than at the world's dilemmas and circumstances. Don't let anyone rob you of your "blessed hope."
(Jan is founder/director of Olive Tree Ministries and Contributing Editor for Omega Letter Intelligence Digest. To learn more, get her e-alerts or free, print newsletter, visit her Web site, www.olivetreeviews.org.)
|Current Article Ranking:
|Rank This Article: ||
It's an article.|
I liked it.
It's a home run!
If you have already Registered, then
Login and start a discussion.