Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, August 20, 2018   11:44:38 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Daily Intelligence Briefing Discussion

Vol: 10 Issue: 30 - Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Posted By: AnneK
1/30/2008 9:43:53 AM

Reverse

Original Daily Intelligence Briefing
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Great points made here Jack. Thanks, I've been struggling with a different, but similar issue and this put it all into the proper perspective for me.

Sorry to hear about your car...but I am happy the tree fell on the car and not you and Gayle! Anne

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6646

Posted By: Winky -
Date: 1/30/2008 10:13:44 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This message spoke to me, also, Jack. It gave me better words to get my point across when someone tries to argue with me. I won't argue. Thanks for always helping me with my voice!

I'm sorry your little car got smashed, too, but wonder...is there a message there??? Thank God the tree fell where it fell. You and Gayle were protected! We have been having that weather, too, and Bob had to pull double trailers both nights. Not fun to be in those winds in a high profile vehicle, but God watched over him and he came home safely. Just very cold. Praising God you are ok!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6647

Posted By: NickName -
Date: 1/30/2008 10:59:51 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It is really amazing how the Holy Spirit works: I had the same thought this morning about honest and sincere Christian teachers who happen to have a different interpretation than me (us) of certain doctrines that are not essential to salvation.
Like Jack said recently when he quoted Proverbs 25:2 - It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
I believe the Lord chooses to veil certain teachings in "mysteries" just so we can grow in our faith.
I don't know about you all but as for me when I'm confronted with someone Else's differing interpretation of something that I thought I had all figured out, suddenly there appears a cloud of smoke rising up over my head as my finger tips burn with the friction of trying to keep up with the turning pages of my Bible! And we all know that the Lord wants us to "Study to show thyself approved unto God".
Some "mysteries" of the faith the Lord chooses to reveal to His saints and others He chooses to keep veiled.
* 1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery
* Ephesians 5:32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
* Colossians 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

But, in the end, it all boils down to this verse:
1 Corinthians 3 - For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

P.S.
Man Jack! I thought it was windy at my house last night!
(I live in Nashville.)

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6648

Posted By: Lou -
Date: 1/30/2008 2:26:51 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Those who consider a mid-trib rapture divide this according to the wrath of man in contrast to the wrath of God, believing that the great tribulation is only three and a half years rather than seven. three and a half years of tribulation and three and a half years of great tribulation or day of the Lord and I do not dispute this at all since it won't matter either way and our opinions won't change any of it.

If we are around to see that man of sin come on the scene then I will swing to the mid-trib view and if we are around to see those two witnesses come on the scene then for sure we are gonna go the way of the martyr and no guarantee that won't happen anyhow regardless of when the rapture occurs to get the last remaining of the church before a global outpouring when the 144,000 empowered Jews begin their work.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6649

Posted By: SueB -
Date: 1/30/2008 2:57:38 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great briefing Jack. I am praising the Lord that the tree crushed your beloved car and not your bedroom!!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6650

Posted By: Phyllis -
Date: 1/30/2008 7:35:22 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

We sure are happy you and Gayle are okay and that the tree didn't fall on your home or the motor home. Satan may have been behind the wind, but angels quided the fall.

We have subscribed for some time to Marv Rosenthal's magazine "Zion's Fire" and really appreciate his articles there, but his mid-trib teachings, no. We are Kinsella and Lindsey fans.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6651

Posted By: Tony Lisenby -
Date: 1/30/2008 7:38:14 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Latest political news----
The race will be between Clinton and McCain. The New York Times has decreed it.
No matter which one gets elected, it will be the end of this country as we have known it, and a wide open door for the Anti-Christ----and RAPTURE!
I hope your next car can stand up to heavy trees.
Nothing is sacred in a high wind!