Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, June 23, 2018   12:45:18 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zechariah  14 : 12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Daily Intelligence Briefing Discussion

Vol: 12 Issue: 10 - Monday, March 10, 2008
Posted By: AnaleeJohnson
3/10/2008 8:55:59 AM

Reverse

Original Daily Intelligence Briefing
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Thank you Jack, for clearing up a point for me. I have been in the wrong & pray the Lord to forgive me on that point that I was "too blind to see". Thank you.
Looking up^

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6842

Posted By: SueBwine -
Date: 3/10/2008 9:24:12 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Well said
Thanks Jack

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6843

Posted By: joebubbit -
Date: 3/10/2008 9:54:18 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Where do we draw the line of what is aberrant doctrine? Evangelicalism today has repudiated separation. They place unity above doctrine. The result has been the ecumenical movement like the apostate National Council of Churches. Can we know sound doctrine? I believe the Lord has promised us so(II Tim 2:15, John 7:17, Prov 1:23, John 8:31-32, I John 2:20-21, 27 etc).

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6844

Posted By: Sheldon -
Date: 3/10/2008 10:23:04 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Some things are just silly to argue endlessly over and I couldn't agree with you more there Jack.

But a lot of stuff out there today (see most programs on TBN for examples) goes a lot further than a doctrinal disagreement because they are preaching a different Jesus and a different gospel....and yes, I do believe that some such as Benny Hinn, Ken Copeland, et al do know they are teaching falsely to pad their own pockets or they have become so deluded that they actually believe their own self-serving prosperity / word of faith garbage.

If you don't speak up in those cases then who will speak up to defend the flock?

The thing that is really sad today is that "doctrine" is seen as "divisive" which may be true in some cases but some out there view "divisive doctrine" to be things such as John 14:6. If they disagree with John 14:6 then frankly are they really even Christians?

Especially if you are claiming you should "pray to yourself" because after all you are a "little god"? Don't laugh, there are some out there with exactly that sort of message who are playing to role of "christian" but they frankly are no such thing.

Sad thing is today within the church their is an attitude of "unity" for the sake of "unity" and an attitude of "can't we all just get along".

However, Paul named names when required to defend the flock and even got in Peter's face at one point.

When the church can't keep out the deviant teachers and police it's own poisons then sure that Jesus will check out quickly because it is a sign of no longer having a love for the truth.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6845

Posted By: Lou -
Date: 3/10/2008 2:02:57 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Big difference between practicing error and practicing heresy, attacks today are on the foundational things of the faith, enemy knows how to weaken the house or pillars so that it all comes down, but God still knows them that are His.

Have encountered beautiful people of God in some of the most perverted of places where damnable heresies are taught and practiced, some remain due to being married to another who is self deluded or dead or very calloused after knowingly denying the truth and being given over to a reprobate mind, but the truth will always separate people and those who practice the truth will see just how true the words of Jesus are “For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.” Matthew 10:35, 36

I have not known any to be left as orphans who have had their illusions exposed or damnable heresies exposed where only a false faith is demolished and slowly start to build on a solid foundation with sound doctrine after a time in the wilderness, but if love is not the reason for pulling them out of the fire by whatever means is appropriate, then best to be active in some other kind of work like pumping gas or selling hamburgers or insurance, at least they would not be responsible for demolishing the person by way of bringing the house down on top of them as many Pharisee christians do.

“They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.” Psalms 126:5, 6

I have had to undergo some painful times of refinement in contending for the faith, finding that when Jesus is in partnership He will sometimes turn and correct us before taking things anywhere else or any further, setting us straight so we do not evolve into well intentioned dragons who misrepresent due to not reflecting Jesus, many want to be the message rather than bearing a message, thinking that religious pride is the ugliest kind there is in being so deceptive or blinded, not sweeping off our own front porch before seeking to clean up the world or pollution in the church.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6846

Posted By: Jack -
Date: 3/10/2008 4:39:46 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You raise many legitimate points, here. It is up to the Church to mark heresies. Sometimes it is necessary. But there comes a point where contending for the faith comes down to pointless hair-splitting.

Right now, to the immense satisfaction (and benefit) of the Republicans, Hillary and Obama are beating each other's brains in, each seeking to find an advantage in debating political differences differences between them too fine for the average voter to make out with the candidate's assistance.

It is the Democrat Party's greatest fear; Democrats trashing each other while the Republicans look on with amusement.

I think you can work out the rest of the analogy . . . but I'd guess our enemy is at least as clever as his aides are in the political arena. The enemy is not one to let a winning tactic go undeployed.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6847

Posted By: Sheldon -
Date: 3/10/2008 4:51:32 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I know what you mean Jack.

The sad thing is that Satan joined "the church" a long time ago and has made major headway.

Last night I was flipping channels and paused for about maybe a minute to note that TBN was running their annual beg-a-thon. Not sure who the guy was that was on because I don't watch TBN at all but he was using his "preacher" sounding voice that sounded just ridiculous...."But Goooddd want to blessss you!" blah, blah, blah....

It took him less than the minute to minute and a half I was watching to tell folks to go to Psalms something or other so he could tell them where he found the "hundred fold anointing".....at that point I changed the channel not even wanting to tell people I was a "Christian" for fear of them lumping me in or identifying me with those charlatans.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6848

Date: 3/10/2008 4:57:32 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Can see that in the directions some threads take that end up debating rather than staying on track, hope we can learn from it all rather than resulting in something I am sure grieves the Lord to be observing, a hard head is one who God puts on the shelf rathe than being in partnership with.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6849

Posted By: Vic -
Date: 3/10/2008 5:38:15 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hola Brothers,

Well I defintely say that Apostasy today is like a High Crime wave rolling across the Church's and Paul I think says to expose the False Preachers.

The show must still go on, in doing Evangelism in whatever manner possible, despite that fact.

Jack hit the nail right on the head with the word "Gainsayers" in describing I think some preachers today. Almost most of the TV Preachers are like that.

It could be the Church of Philadelphia is being changed into the Church of Laodicea right before our eyes as we enter closer to Daniel's 70th Week.

Humility, Mercy and Love - these are the things of a Genuine Follower of Jesus

- Vic

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6851

Posted By: Tony Lisenby -
Date: 3/10/2008 11:20:49 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I spent part of this morning reading 1John.
I highly recommend referring to it in this discussion.
While I truly agree with Jack and todays briefing, I know that there will come a day when ALL will stand in Heaven before the Judgement Seat and a separation will occur between the sheep and the goats.
Some of the people who are just proclaiming "Doctrinal" differences are leading hundreds of thousands of souls to Hell.
They are the "Goats", and they will all be cast out of Heaven into everlasting torment.
I am unable to change most of them, but if I don't recognize them for what they are, I can be led astray by them.
Jack, Lou and others of our years who served--- Remember the Military Training about "Know Your Enemy"?
This enemy is no different except the loss is eternal!
Know Your Saviour most of all, but you must know the enemy, the Accuser as well.
Over in the Members Forum there is a copy of a newspaper ad from the United Church of Christ in Phoenix, Ar. It is an excellent reminder of what we are really talking about here.
We have at least two of those churches within 30 miles of me and there is NOTHING Christian in the Biblical sense about their core beliefs.
I wouldn't know that if I wasn't well grounded in the BIBLE. Not some Christian Denomination, but the Word itself.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 6852

Date: 3/10/2008 11:36:42 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

We can be absolutely on target as far as confronting what is false but at the same time can actually be responsible for driving some into a state of rebellion, not to God but as a result of how things/people are treated, I was in bitter rebellion for many years, carrying some things over to God as if He had the same attitude which seemed contrary to His nature, misrepresentation that made me bitter and wanting nothing to do with 'church' any longer, my exact words said in anger to some in the media (Indian publication "Talking Leaves") was that "If we have all been had, using the F word, then where do we go to collect the kiss we never got ?" I think abused people end up being abusers and we can be that way in a spiritual sense, but I ended up trusting nobody and that was also carried over to God as a result of Pharisee christianity, can say that I was literally in a spiritual wilderness for forty years, bitterness being the door for the enemy to pass through and get to me. Jesus having to prove to me that He was worthy to be trusted and I deeply wanted to trust Him but couldn't as a result of how He was represented by those who play the role of His ambassadors, uprooting wheat along with the chaff.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 6853

Posted By: Marian -
Date: 3/11/2008 12:07:34 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I have a bigger problem than those who are disagreeing with pre-trib. mid-trib, post-trib, no-trib. or even that we are now in the trib, cause Jesus took His Church in 1914.
I tell what the Lord had instructed me. It is not up to me to cause anyone to believe. That is the place of the Lord's, the Holy Spirit. I just want to be able to tell it, and drop it there. My job would be done. at least in obeying God. What I say is that some of the judgements were loosed in the Heavenly realm, and that have not came to pass as yet on the earth. Jesus will take us to be with him before the full fury of the judgements come to pass. So that makes me pre-trib. In a sense. There are 7 seals, a judgement with each one. Then seven angels blowing trumpets that loose a judgement with each one. Then there is 7 vials of the Father's wrath bringing His judgement on the earth. After the rapture the Father's wrath will be poured out on the earth. We will be in heaven. I was taught by the Holy Spirit that we are in the time of the sounding 6th trumpet (since June of 1990.) When the 7th trumpet sounds Jesus will take us to be with him in heaven.
So does this make me a two-thirds of the way of the trib beliefs?. I guess I am the only one. Cause i have not done too well in sharing this. But as I can I just leave it to the Lord.

I was just used for prayer, but after certain events took place in the Spiritual realm, I was taught, then told to share it.

Be glad you all have not got a 'one of kind doctrine' like me.
Cause you'd get flack from EVERYBODY. But I never argue, that is not scriptural to do. I just keep walking in love and trying to have the gentleness and kindness that our Lord has taught us to have. Anyways, God bless you all. (This would be almost funny if I had not been so rejected.) I know the brief was for us to stop arguing, and to identify wolves in sheeps clothing trying to put out false doctrine. I even have met a few of them, they had so many books out and were so honeored and followed by the church, that when I shared what God gave me, I and my child were attacked and if it were not for God to have healed us, we would have been dead. Then we went into hiding. It did not help my cause with those people that he Lord said The Ministry he called me too would generate great amounts of money, And it would go back into His Kingdom Where unto HE wanted it to go. Well, they will stand before God. But so will I. I have not got this message out. But I have not given up. God is Great. His will be done. Thanks for letting me borrow your ear.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 6854

Posted By: Marian -
Date: 3/11/2008 12:07:35 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: