Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Friday, December 19, 2014   4:59:10 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  21 : 6
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration
Forums

The Last Generation E-book with hyperlinks

Place an advanced order to recieve your signed copy of THE END THE BOOK: Part Four

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

Shop at the Omega Store

ANTICHRIST: The Search for Amalek: RC Morro

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Member Contributed Articles

US farmers fear the return of the Dust Bowl
Posted By: ckrcsmith
3/9/2011 1:56:02 PM

Reverse

Original Article Link
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

This article certainly relates to the famine predicted in Revelation.

Since the aquifer that supplies water for much of the midwest does not replenish itself, it will inevitably run out of water sometime. That sometime could be soon!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 4068

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 3/10/2011 10:40:52 PM

Comments:

Happy, Texas gives an interesting perspective of how people handle the births pangs.  I found these three the most telling.

"Barry Evans is still farming.  His 2,200 acres came from his great-uncle Freeman, who watched it turn to dust in the 1930s...........He no longer ploughs – nothing dries the surface to turn the soil to dust like ploughing. Instead, the old stalks hold down the soil, keep the moisture in, and rot down to nutrients."

"Boone Pickens is after their water.He is proving to be the ultimate test of their free market gospel of the 'right to capture'................He is now the largest individual water owner in America, with rights over enough of the aquifer to drain an estimated 200,000 acre-feet a year, at least until the land goes dry. That is 65 billion gallons a year, or, to put it another way, 124,000 gallons a minute. The plan? Ninety-five per cent of Ogallala water is now used for agriculture, but Pickens plans to pipe it 250 miles to Dallas, expected to triple in size in 30 years, with a demand for water far exceeding supply. Pickens is making the hottest of climate-change bets: that water's value will rocket as it runs dry. One man's thirst is another man's fortune."

"'The heart of the Dust Bowl was here, you know,' says Wayne Plunk........'We are drying up. People don't learn from history, and if we keep breaking the ground and run out of water, it'll happen again.  'I used to go out on the land before dawn when I worked at school,' he says, 'and I would always plough to the east. I ploughed into the rising sun, and I knew there was a God.' He pushes back his cap, and stares into the distance."

The sorrow of Wayne I can identify with, but I like the gumption of Barry  and I really appreciate the tip on not plowing in dry season.  We don't have that problem in my neck of the woods but you never know.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 4069

Posted By: Lou -
Date: 3/12/2011 1:06:53 PM

Comments:

I recall my Uncle some time back who was a farmer / rancher in Plainview, TX having his wells pumping up salt water due to the water table being depleted and salt water wiping out his crops. learning that lesson not to plough in  the dry season but to investigate the use of Hydrophonics to grow crops above ground and just adding nutrients wihout soil. Was able to filter out much of the salt that made this venture worth while, enough to feed his family and resume regular farming when the water table was higher, learning from the past and not making the same mistakes as others did that produced the dust bowls, also letting some of his land rest, believing scripture as God commanding portions of the land to rest for seven years to replentish the nutrients in the ground.