Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, March 18, 2018   1:57:12 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
John  10 : 29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Daily Intelligence Briefing Discussion

Vol: 116 Issue: 21 - Saturday, May 21, 2011
Posted By: DanDapper
5/21/2011 10:46:46 AM

Original Daily Intelligence Briefing
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

"Thanks to Harold Camping and guys like him, you are painted with that same nutbar brush. Every person that you will witness to going forward is going to hear “Harold Camping” the second you mention the Rapture."

"Naming a date certain for the Rapture is not an interesting pastime – it is a deadly serious violation of Christian doctrine."

You said it Jack, but you can't change what people want to believe. It's the Holy Spirit that does the work in one's heart, we just need to rest in that. Harold Camping will be judged at the Bema Seat, if as he claims he is truly "one of the elect." Camping is a severe Calvinist who does not present the Gospel. But your only option if you are not saved is to beg God to have mercy on your soul and maybe God will choose to save you.

They're still on the air. I will be listening throughout the day. The "earthquakes" should be happening in New Zealand about now,well past, it's 2 am Sunday there.LOL

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14172

Posted By: Unknown -
Date: 5/21/2011 11:21:29 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: G'morning! Good analysis and commentary, Jack. Thank you again! One thing that impressed me about this whole episode was the amount of coverage given to Mr. Camping and his "predictions" by the media. Though they may have been chuckling while they reported on this topic, the fact that they devoted so much time to his end times claims is because they know that something is very likely to happen soon and that the End Times are indeed upon us. Whistling past the graveyard perhaps? I keep looking up...and will happily wait upon the Lord until HE says it's time to "come up hither". It can't be too far away. Until then... Steve
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14173

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 5/21/2011 11:43:31 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Yeah, i posted about the mocking in the forums yesterday.

Everyone, anyone who trusts in Christ, is going to be a big joke come this evening.

I've been very quiet at work only saying "no it isn't" when they start talking about it.  it's heartbreaking to see how many will hang up on Christ because of this. 

I can only pray that my witness only gets stronger.

God Bless you guys!

or steven, they can't wait to make a mockery of them.  "where is the promise of His coming?" indeed /shakes head.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14174

Posted By: KimPointer -
Date: 5/21/2011 11:47:02 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

I will have to show this briefing to my son. He called me yesterday. "Mom, you don't believe the Rapture happens tomorrow do you?" Of course I said no and he said thank goodness. A young man had brought him his food at a local Sonic and told him the end of the world was today. He was mad at him and took his tip back for being stupid. I told him to have compassion for him because he was so misguided. I had to laugh. How many people get a call from their son asking that question?

Perfect perspective Jack on how it makes the rest of us look that are waiting for Christ's return and how it compromises our witness which shows what spirit was behind this after all. My husband told me a story someone he knew heard on the radio. They interviewed Harold Camping and brought in a homeless woman. They said that if you really believe you are being raptured on this date, then give her all the money you have been making off of this, you won't need it. He said he just started stuttering.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14175

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 5/21/2011 4:38:26 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Amen,Jack Excellent OL.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14176

Posted By: SteveRichard -
Date: 5/21/2011 5:03:21 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Thanks again Jack!

I tell you one thing as a Canadian, regarding the apocalyptic fear, I am not moving to the province of Quebec, it seems lots of people there want, to kill themselves! LOL

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14177

Posted By: G Thompson -
Date: 5/21/2011 6:01:06 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks Harold Camping, the false prophet for the rapture jokes! See http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/rapture. But He's almost right about the judgement on earth. See http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43121772/ns/world_news-europe/. Not that close....
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14178

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 5/22/2011 1:35:50 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

I imagine it's just a bit, too say the least, anti-climactic for those today that bought into Harold Camping's rhetoric. I have been listening all day to Family Radio, except when I took my family to see the newest movie of The Pirates of the Caribbean. Some strange "Christian" type analogies in that movie. Anyhow, Family Radio just went off the air as I was typing this, the last song they played was, "Washed In the Blood of the Lamb." Maybe there is hope for Family Radio after all.  Pray for them, pray for all of us. Strange day's indeed!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 14179

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 5/22/2011 1:41:57 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

I just reset my router, Family Radio is back, reading about Abraham, the rich man and Lazarus. Luke chapter 16. Strange day's..... to say the least.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 14180

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 5/22/2011 1:55:02 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Good Sunday morning to all! (And, Lord, please have mercy on those whose hearts are broken and/or confused because they are still here...)

I have read several blogs concerning Mr. Camping's predictions about yesterday's "supposed" happenings, with one from Focus On The Family particularly. Many quoted several Scriptures, sending me to check them out. While reading, Matthew 24:31 gave me pause (Jesus is talking about His angels being sent "with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.")  In verses 36 ("But of that day and hour knows no man...") through 41, Jesus is telling the disciples about how the endtimes will be "as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." The flood took away NON-believers, leaving only Noah and his family. Verses 39-41 talk about those being taken away and those left at Jesus' Second Coming.  Hmmm. Verse 42 says: "Watch therefore: for you know not what hour your Lord does come."

OK, so I am puzzled about to which time Jesus is referring - His Second Coming, or the Rapture??

THEN, there's John 5:28 & 29: "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice, (29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, to the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, to the resurrection of damnation." Granted, Jesus was addressing "the Jews" who ulimately had Him crucified (for claiming He Himself was God, sent from The Father in Heaven), so does that mean we are to believe that this part of Scripture (the John 5 portion) is meant only for Jewish people? Thank you for helping clear up these points for me...anyone! Shalom!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 14183

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 5/23/2011 11:03:49 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

The quote below landed in the email and was so encouraging!  Those teens really had a hard time with all of the "talk". 

"I read your article today titled "Judgement Day, 2011 -- The End is Here?", and I just want to say thanks for writing it. I just turned 18 and I am still uncertain about my faith in general, but reading your article sincerely reassured me of my confidence in my religion. The entire Rapture prediction has me in a personal frenzy and it is scary to think the end was already here. I am glad someone like you stood up to Harold Camping and presented truth to those who became caught up in his lies, like me. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Personal praise: my kids spent the night at friends houses on the 20th...and one friend asked Jesus to be her Savior!  PTL for that, with the Lord all things work together for good!

Harold Camping for sure was an idiot on this date setting...but with so much coverage kids got to hear alot about Jesus and judgement and that foreign word "rapture"...so again it all works for good.  Continuing to pray for those affected by the misguidence.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 14184

Posted By: NicoleBoedeker -
Date: 5/23/2011 11:09:27 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Great PRAISE for both the email and the salvation of the friend! So wonderful to hear!