Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, June 25, 2018   3:54:07 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Daily Intelligence Briefing Discussion

Vol: 117 Issue: 28 - Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Posted By: NicoleBoedeker
6/28/2011 10:10:26 AM

Reverse

Original Daily Intelligence Briefing
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Another home run, Jack! Thank God for giving you the gift of being able to explain things such as this to even the most blue-collar, redneck person among us...
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 14445

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 6/28/2011 10:49:27 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great briefing, Jack.  I'm so glad He died, so we don't have to. I loved your writing today.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 14446

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 6/28/2011 11:21:08 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Another good article,

Thank you,

When I look at the requirements for entry into heaven It gives some in site into what we might do there,

This is 100 percent speculation on my part.

Angels were created to serve the Lord, yet, Some betrayed him. So for us, entry into heaven has requirements which we must meet or we fail. Those who meet the requirements Make it to heaven and Once there will be some of the most steadfast and loyal believers the Universe has ever seen. I think there are going to be Big responsible Jobs ahead of us, Jobs that will have the Lord Trusting we will get them done, Work that cant be left up to the angels. Work for tested faithful followers. No Idea what that work might be But it excites me to think of what it could be. Its a great big Universe out there full of trillions of stars and Planets who knows what we might be tasked to do! Im ready to go right now if I could!

Remember this was just wild speculation on my part!

CG

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 14447

Posted By: Unknown -
Date: 6/28/2011 12:45:40 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great briefing with lots to think about. Jack, I am sorry for your friend. It is tragic that anyone's pride and short-sightedness might cost them their salvation. Eternity is a long, long time and I won't mind spending it in a "boring" place like Heaven. Doesn't your friend realize that there is no escape from hell? No getting out, never, ever? I shudder. It's incomprehensible to me to understand why the Creator of the universe, the God who breathed life into our souls, would subject Himself to such humility and pain in leaving His Throne and coming here to Earth to save a bunch of pathetic sinners (like me). Thank you, thank you, Jesus, for a love we can not begin to understand. I am sorry for my sins. I look forward to "boring"! Good day to all! God bless! Steve
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 14448

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 6/28/2011 2:04:03 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Love it but why do people like the idea of hell? I know what the word says about that,but I still don't get it.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 14449

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 6/28/2011 2:46:00 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

My skeptic coworker and i again began discussing basically my faith.  I don't know why this keeps coming up between us. 

Honestly, I'm beginning to think God just wants me to talk to him.  because any thing i know comes out muddled and my simple gospel message doesn't phase him.  i end up slightly frustrated and he's smug with his skepticism.  The only thing he's not skeptical about is himself... he doesn't see himself as a sinner even though he enjoys doing things and advocating thing that are easily identifiable as sin. 

what i find amazingly sad is the number of people in this country, atheists included, that know what the gospel message is but reject it anyway.

I'm tempted sometimes to see heaven as boring but only because we know so little about it.  a new heaven and a new earth where we will be like Him has to be a super cool place.

I'm with you Steven, thank you thank you thank you Jesus!!!

thanks Jack a very thought provoking breifing which, again, is timely. 

God Bless!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 14450

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 6/28/2011 8:34:46 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

When I consider how exciting the beautiful, abundant creation God has made Earth to be is, Heaven must be exponentially more beautiful and abundant in His creativity. 

"Soon, and very soon" we are going to get to see it - Halleluyah!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14454

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 6/30/2011 8:34:52 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"And sometimes, I admit that heaven does sound a wee bit boring.  Don’t look at me like that.  It does.  An eternity of no strife, no conflict, no pain, no sorrow, no tears . . . all that is wonderful and all, but if I had to eat chocolate cake for dinner every night for the rest of my life, I’d skip a lot of dinners."

I was thinking about this subject this morning.  Even though we try to picture what heaven will be like, we only have our best day, here, to compare it with.  We are so used to having the bad, to compare to the good.  And that is what seems to make our good days, so good.  We like the idea of no more strife; but that is what we are used to.

It made me think of Adam and Eve, and just the opposite, for them.  How terrible it must have been, to know ONLY good, and walking with God.  They had no conception of bad days, trials or strife, until the fall.

And for those, who aren't saved, even what good days they have known here, will be traded for eternal suffering, and shut off from God.  They will live in eternal emptiness. 

Just some thoughts running through my brain, this morning.

Good briefing, Jack.  Thanks.

God Bless,
Shelley