Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, September 26, 2018   8:40:54 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 26

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Daily Intelligence Briefing Discussion

Vol: 123 Issue: 14 - Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Posted By: EdmundLordjr.
12/14/2011 10:31:35 AM

Reverse

Original Daily Intelligence Briefing
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Jack, I agree,the pre trib rapture is the only explanation that makes sense. I've seen lists of differences between the rapture and 2nd coming right from the bible. They are two different events.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 15682

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 12/14/2011 10:56:56 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” Revelation 4:1

Good one Barb! LOL. A pre-trib Rapture has always made the most sense to me. When Jesus finished telling John what to write about the seven churches in Revelation, Jesus then proceeds to say to John, "COME UP HERE!" And I will show you the things to come. Meta Tauta. After these things, that IS the Rapture of the Church.

I just came across this weak explanation for a post- trib view on Revelation 4:1

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 15683

Posted By: EricRobinson -
Date: 12/14/2011 11:10:24 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Isaiah 26:17-21  OT Rapture reference

17As a woman with child and about to give birth writhes and cries out in her pain, so were we in your presence, O Lord. 18 We were with child, we writhed in pain, but we gave birth to wind. We have not brought salvation to the earth; we have not given birth to people of the world. 19      But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead. 20 Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. 21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The earth will disclose the blood shed upon her; she will conceal her slain no longer.

Old Testament reference to the raising of God's beloved dead, born out of the earth,  placed in rooms before God's wrath is poured out on the rebellious, unbelieving world   Vss 16-18 speak of the empty, faithless attempts by many (some believed God) of the Jewish people to keep God's law to be saved...   vs 19 " but 'your' dead will live(God's dead... those saved by faith.  Old testament people looked forward in faith we look back in history by faith to Jesus).  We see the dead raised here (even though it doesn't mention the living believers being snatched away, we get the full picture in 1 Thess. 4).  vs 20 Go "my people"... (those who are his by fatih in Jesus).   Enter "your" rooms (one for each of us since God foreknows who will believe) until God's wrath is over.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 15684

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 12/14/2011 11:16:40 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks Jack. It's always good to hear the comforting & logical truth of the Lords Holy Word. I guess I'm "out there" too.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 15685

Posted By: Elisabeth -
Date: 12/14/2011 12:28:55 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yes, this is such a good picture. I have been using it at a Bible study I have been teaching to put across that very point that Jesus would not beat up on His bride. She will not be under the wrath of God during the Tribulation.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 15686

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 12/14/2011 1:13:31 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

this is a great letter jack. people who don't beleive in the rapture can be reallly mean about it. they also don't really get into pauls epistles that much and he had so much revealed to him. he was gods apostle chosen by him.   i don't deny my beleif in the rapture to anyone but they are quick to tell me that it has been proven to then from the bible by a pastor that there is no rapture. well - i will just smile on the way up and try not to say "told you so". thanks again - and that will be the one O.L. get together i will make!! can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 15687

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 12/14/2011 1:20:26 PM

Comments:

Well... i have heard of some muslim bridegrooms doing that.

just saying... you know, they're all peace and love afterall.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 15688

Posted By: joebubbit -
Date: 12/14/2011 2:16:51 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Well, those Protestants always did have a problem with eschatology, and apparently the biblical role of a wife. Here is a marginal note on 1 Peter 3:7 that made it into some editions of the Matthews Bible, 1537, also known as the Wife Beater's Bible.

To dwell [wt] a wyfe accordinge to knowledge. He dwelleth wyth his wyfe accordinge to knowledge, that taketh her as a necessarye healper, and not as a bonde seruaunte or a bonde slaue. And yf she be not obedient and healpfull vnto hym. endeuoureth to beate the feare of God into her heade, (and if she be not obedient and helpful unto him, endeavor to beat the fear of God into her head) that therby she maye be compelled to learne her dutie and do it. But chiefely he muste be ware that he halte not in anye parte of his dutie to her ward.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 15689

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 12/14/2011 3:58:00 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"Arguing that the Lord would put the Bride of Christ through the Tribulation is like getting engaged and then beating your bride senseless in order to prepare her for the wedding."

Atta girl, Barb!

It gets back to this strange notion that the tribulation is necessary to purge the church.

Jack, you’re right about the mindless babble about Margaret MacDonald. It’s really bizarre how even PhD polemicists don’t do proper research by checking their stories. What they do is quote each other without verifying primary sources.

Great briefing, Jack!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 15690

Posted By: DorthaSpurgeon -
Date: 12/14/2011 5:44:58 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen, Amen, Jack, Praise God, you make it so plain!!!......We have so much to look forward to and just think we will be with Him and RETURN WITH HIM and  I believe we will see all Israel be saved as they fulfill their Feast of Atonement!!! Praise God!!!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 15691

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 12/14/2011 6:07:57 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: You are the man Jack. Thanks for reminding us of our Blessed hope. Is this what it feels like to be in a country that is being taken over by evil. I often wonder how much will will have to endure before he calls us. We have for the most part in this country have suffered little for our faith. It just might be our turn.

I pray Lord that what ever comes our way we will make you proud of us and and represent you with honor and integrity in power in the Holy Spirit. God Bless all!
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 15692

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 12/14/2011 8:03:54 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Yes indeed. the beating is for the unsaved.
Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 15693

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 12/15/2011 8:52:00 AM

Comments: Never heard of Barb Hvasta before. Don't know her, don't know who she is, but golly day that certainly is one profound statement!