Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, September 24, 2018   3:24:37 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Thessalonians  2 : 7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Stomping on the First Amendment
Posted By: NicoleBoedeker
3/18/2010 9:51:12 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Congrats, Becky honey! This is a wonderful article and right on the money. It seems like we (the majority) want so much but aren't willing to fight for it. It's just so frustrating to me! I wonder why so few people have come back to the ACLU and said what you stated regarding the 2nd part of the same sentence and say that THEY are in violation of the 1st Amendment? Well done, well reasoned and well written!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 5949

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 3/18/2010 10:32:09 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Nicole!  I treasure your comments, and am blessed by your input.  I always love reading your posts and I look forward to posting together on our wonderful OL forum.

Your Sister in Christ,

Becky

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 5950

Posted By: dale -
Date: 3/18/2010 10:56:14 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Becky Glad to see you aboard. Here is another way to look at the problem, I hope to start my own country where I have Jesus as the law giver. (can’t wait for the rapture!!!)

I don’t think the founders ever envisioned this country  having to vote on religion. They never thought that pirates from North Africa would ever take over this country. So when you say the students voted to have prayer. Be careful what you wish for, you will probably get it.

I know it sound good to have prayer in school but it is still mandatory to attend. We will never get free prayer in an atmosphere where anyone is required to attend.

We don’t want it!!!!!!!!!!

What would we do it Muslims voted and passed a rule that all students had to follow the Koran while in school. Or if the pagans wanted to study group sex in the woods and worship the sun god.

I don’t want to be at a football game and have a minaret blaring with Muslims chanting to Allah. We need to understand that Christianity is still dominate here in the US but as time passes, we will see a rise of another gospel and it may be the gospel of Allah.

What we should hope for it that all references to religion be banned from public school along with all the sex and diversity teaching. Home school our kids or send them to private school. The world has taken over the public schools.  It's not going to get better!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 5951

Posted By: John -
Date: 3/18/2010 12:08:15 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Welcome Rebecca, Looking forward to more of your articles and insights into current events... Just amazing to see how evil is seen as good and good as evil in these latter days... John/Anchorage Ak
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 5952

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 3/18/2010 12:41:17 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Dale,

You make very good points; however, the students are not required to participate in the prayers.  Sure, I would not like it if Islam were the dominant religion in the US and having to hear their chants broadcast over the PA; but it is their right to do so per the way the Constitution was written...thus, being able to freely exercise one's own religion.  I could complain about it, but I would have no legal recourse.

I am a big proponent of home-schooling and private schools...I send my daughter to a private Lutheran school so she can be brought up within the Word.  We make sacrifices, but it is more than worth it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I appreciate them!

John,

Thanks for your well-wishes!  I fell inlove with Alaska after reading Sarah Palin's book.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 5953

Posted By: Steveaux -
Date: 3/18/2010 12:46:59 PM

Comments:

Hi Becky,

Great post. Looking forward to more. If only the ACLJ had as much money as the ACLU. This would not be an issue.

Take care

Steven P

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 5954

Posted By: BeckyHunter -
Date: 3/18/2010 3:06:19 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Nice job on your first article, Becky. It used to be that the majority ruled. But, now the minority rules. It isn't fair for those of us who would love to see prayer put back in our schools. Or, better yet, not for it to be removed in the first place!

Times have changed since I was in school. Graduated in 1977. We carried our Bibles, prayed whenever and wherever. Even had Bible meetings for those who wanted to attend. And, those who didn't want to attend, well, they just didn't come.

If I were in school today, I'd probably be booted out or get detention....or get sued.

I just do not understand why one person is allowed to ruin a whole graduation. Like you said in your article, plug his ears, read, etc. But, let the rest of the grads' have their prayer. One day the majority will rule again. When Jesus is sitting on the Throne of His father, David.

Can't wait for that day!

Great article, Becky. I also love studying prophecy. It is what brought me to the OL in the first place.

Becky H.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 5955

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 3/18/2010 3:20:36 PM

Comments:

Well done, Becky.

Dale, What you wrote, makes a lot of sense. 

"What would we do it Muslims voted and passed a rule that all students had to follow the Koran while in school. Or if the pagans wanted to study group sex in the woods and worship the sun god."

In my heart, I would love to see prayers offered at graduations, and in school in general; but we still have Christian churches, and can pray and teach the Bible to our children at home.  We can also pray to ourselves, where ever and when ever we want.  God always hears us, even when it isn't audible.

I think of what Daniel had to endure; but he kept his faith.

In these times, if Christian prayers are accepted, in the mainstream and schools, so would all those other religions, have to be.  The WORLD has stepped too far, across the PC line, and unfortunately, there is no turning back.

Though not infringing on our Constitutional Rights, I thought that this article was another example, of how far the craziness has come.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22845125/detail.html

Becky Hunter,  good to see you post.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 5956

Posted By: dale -
Date: 3/18/2010 4:05:18 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This is what Walter Williams had to say about rights.

True rights, such as those in our Constitution, or those considered to be natural or human rights, exist simultaneously among people. That means exercise of a right by one person does not diminish those held by another. In other words, my rights to speech or travel impose no obligations on another except those of non-interference. If we apply ideas behind rights to health care to my rights to speech or travel, my free-speech rights would require government-imposed obligations on others to provide me with an auditorium, television studio or radio station. My right to travel freely would require government-imposed obligations on others to provide me with airfare and hotel accommodations.

Becky, my point is this….we do not have the right to force other people to listen to our speech….so if an atheist is at a mandatory school function, you have violated his right as an atheist if he is forced to listen to your prayer. A moment of silence would be another matter entirely.

Also, should Jewish children in school have to set thru all the X-mas activities that many schools put on.

One day Christians will not be in the majority and I don’t think any of us would like to have all the other religions shoved down our throats. I would not like my 7 year old son to come home from public school saying Hail Mary-s or Our Father. I would not be happy to find out about the vote that authorized these prayers.

We both have the right to religion but we do not have the right to force other people to listen to our religion.  The majority can not vote our rights away….if they can, there were not rights to begin with.  At least so far in the USA....  The time for voting our rights away is fast approaching

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 5957

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 3/18/2010 4:54:11 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Becky, Excellent article, which just further underscores the fast moving fulfillment of our Lord's end-times prophetic Word! What a joy to see His Word come to pass even though we do not like to see our Blessed country and constitution be assaulted as it is on a daily basis. Jesus will never leave us or forsake us and He is coming soon!! Look up!!! Welcome aboard! Praise the Lord!!! JESUS!!!
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 5958

Posted By: Tony T. -
Date: 3/18/2010 9:55:56 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Nice job!
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 5959

Posted By: BeckyHunter -
Date: 3/18/2010 11:22:43 PM

Comments:

It isn't the majority thats voting our rights away. It's the smallest minority thats TAKING our God given rights away!

Some schools are having the kids play role a jihad, a holy war. They say it's just for learning experience. Well, if I had kids in (a) school that was doing this, my kids wouldn't be taking part in this "learning experience." Kids can't pray in school, they can't carry a Bible, and even bowing their head in a silent prayer isn't allowed today. But, yet, they can play role a jihad.

Gays, atheists, Muslims are minorities in America. Yet they are taking away my/our rights to live, publically, a christian life. If they don't want to see a person pray or read their Bible, they don't have to listen or look. The minority have more rights than the majority in America today. I don't live my life as a politically correct person. I strive to live my life as a God fearing christian. I fail every day. But, with God's grace, I get back up and try again.

We have to love them. To turn the other cheek. They should be grateful that christianity teaches to love our neighbor. Not to chop off their heads! In America, christians are the radical, hateful group of people. How dare we to love our neighbor as ourself. And, teach that Jesus loves them just the way they are. Right now christians may be the majority. But, the day is fast approaching where the believer will be the minority.

Becky

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 5960

Posted By: DorthaSpurgeon -
Date: 3/19/2010 1:40:18 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Welcome aboard Becky......I am so grateful to you to take a stand and speak up on a matter that is so very important.....Thank you for all your years of study and preparation that has brought you this far. We are so happy that Jack has found you.....You could not be in better company than Jack Kinsella and Hal Lindsey.....I just Thank God for people like you folks.....God have mercy on our lovely Nation....Who would ever have believed we would be in a predicament as we are now in....God have mercy!!!
Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 5961

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 3/19/2010 2:39:06 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Very well said, Becky. You put it all together so well even I can understand it!

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 5962

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 3/19/2010 9:40:59 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I was thinking about this subject some more, and thinking that if schools have even a few Christians, because they aren't allowed to pray at the graduation ceremony, they could still pray as a group, for the graduates.

Even if the prayer, isn't before men, it is to God.  The state college, where I work, in Massachusetts, is very liberal and also PC.  I have noticed, that they still have Campus Crusade for Christ, and a Christian Fellowship, in the chapel, on Tuesday evening.

Then again, they have gay meetings and all kinds of gay rainbow advertisement. I doubt that they allow prayer at the graduation.

I am the only Christian, in the area that I work; but as I wipe down tables, off by myself, I pray silently, and I know that God hears.

The devil and the world, may try to silence our tongues; but they can't take the Spirit within us.  They can't take away our salvation.  And the Holy Spirit will still reach those, who are seeking. Even if it is just one person, asking about the Lord.  And that does happen.  When we are beaten down, the Lord will carry us.

I hate what is happening to America; but even "that" is what the Lord said would happen in this world, in the last days.

Anyway, just a couple of my thoughts.

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 5964

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/21/2010 12:15:03 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This was a great article, Becky, and I think it really ties into Jack’s briefing yesterday on how our country has been eroded by Humanist thinking.

I just recently purchased 100 pocket Constitutions to give out to my clients and friends in law enforcement and in the military to remind them of the oath they promised to uphold. It’s amazing how fast they are being grabbed up at my work; people are asking if they can take more than one to give out to others themselves. Looks like I will need to order more.

Our U.S. Constitution is the bedrock foundation of America and the “Supreme law of the land”. But it truly only works when it is viewed or interpreted from what our founding fathers intended it to be, that is from a Judao–Christian perspective. When that perspective is not understood or flat out ignored the very foundation with what America was built on breaks down.

This possible law suit at Greenwood High School is a perfect example of what happens when groups like the ACLU refuse to interpret the Constitution as it was intended. The first Amendment was to keep the government out of the Church not the Church out of Government.

For fear of losing their nonprofit status, our Church pulpits for years have been silenced against what has been taking place by our government by this interpretation of the First Amendment. Maybe it’s time that all changed. I see a few Pastors here and there that are doing just that, speaking out and saying enough is enough regardless of the consequences. Maybe that’s not what Gods plan for the “Church” is, I’m not sure myself.  

I respect guys like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Brit Hume or even Glenn Beck for their belief in a Christian God, whatever that may be. I’m certainly in no place to say who is truly saved and who is not. I know they are not preachers but political analyst. I know they believe in the Constitution, I know they believe in conservatism as I do, but without God they mean absolutely nothing. America and its Constitution will just not function as it was intended to without Him.

But all that said I do think it all is truly from the pit of hell and part of a master plan by Satan to bring down America. The only way it can be turned around is if America as a nation turns to God in repentance. Sad to say I just don’t see that happening.

“For ours is not a conflict with mere flesh and blood, but with the despotisms, the empires, the forces that control and govern this dark world--the spiritual hosts of evil arrayed against us in the heavenly warfare.” Ephesians 6-12