Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, May 24, 2018   5:57:30 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Spend and Pretend; Why Obama Will Pay My Mortgage
Posted By: Noreene
4/12/2010 9:35:03 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great article!!! Always love your posts!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6036

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 4/12/2010 11:54:45 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow, Ed.

Thanks for filling us in.  As we all know, it is tough getting honest answers, to what is happening in these times.

This one, in particular, that you mentioned:

"But first, here’s an interesting question not asked by the mainstream media:  How could consumer spending be up while unemployment soars and growth in paychecks is also down?   Are Americans dipping into their savings?  Nope.  Savings are relatively unchanged.   This is a case of two-plus-two equals three.  It doesn’t quite add up. "

I was wondering that, when first hearing it on the news.  But; THEY won't give straight answers (even if they did know the reason).

I really appreciate, and enjoy your articles, Ed.

Thanks again,
God Bless,
Shelley 

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6038

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 4/13/2010 11:27:04 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Awesome article, Ed!  It reminds me of the joke of an Accountant interviewing for a job.  The employer asks "what's two plus two?" and the Accountant says "whatever you want it to be...".

I personally know people who are doing this very thing; and it has put a strain on our relationship.  I try not to be judgemental; but when I know the person is not even trying to get a job or be responsible for the debt, it's really frustrating.  The person has zero incentive to look for a job because not only is Obama "paying" for her house, he's paid for her to go back to school.

It's a downright shame that people could default on their loan because they owe more than the house is worth; then, the property is sold at auction for a quarter of the price; and that person could literally wind up living in the house at a fraction of the cost if they were to rent it from the new owner.  It's gaming the system big-time!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6040

Posted By: SteveRichard -
Date: 4/13/2010 5:38:09 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Greetings Ed,

Totally enjoying your weekly columns.

Thank you so much!

Grace and Peace,

Steve

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6041

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 4/13/2010 11:23:28 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you all for reading.   I've got an interesting one for next week I'm working on!  Tune in. 

Ed

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6042

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 4/14/2010 12:31:13 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Ed!

Peggy and the rest of us will soon be living in government housing, riding bicycles to our “union” jobs and waiting in line with our foods stamps allotted to us for our “volunteer production” all for the better of society. Then when we get old and are no longer “productive” they can help us with our paid “healthcare” in dying.

What a nice place America will be for my kids to look forward too!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6043

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 4/14/2010 2:55:17 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Ed,

I was reading a headline on today's OL homepage.  It reminded me of what you wrote here.  Jobs are still down, housing too; but sales of furniture, electronics and such, are on the rise.  Hmmmm!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100414/ap_on_bi_ge/us_fed_economy

But; now WE know why.  Thanks again.

Looking forward to your next commentary.

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6044

Posted By: FrankButler -
Date: 4/14/2010 6:29:55 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Ed for writing that column.  It pains me to see people "gaming the system" as that is a large part of what got us into this mess.  I am underwater on my mortgage thanks to the devaluation of homes in my area but I believe in honoring one's word and will pay as a Christian would be expected to.  I know several people who have played the foreclosure game but that doesn't make what they have done right.

I also agree with your prediction of some dire economic problems after the fall elections.  I plan to go to all cash on my investments just before the November elections, if they happen, just for that very reason.  I have been saying for months now to my friends that our president has been sitting on the stimulus money as he wants a big economic boost before the fall elections.  Again, thanks for taking the time to write and share your observations.

- Frank

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6045

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 4/15/2010 11:49:21 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Frank,

The economic destruction ahead will be inescapable for most.  I am writing about this for next Monday's column. 

Most of the 8 million people I talked about are honest folks just living their lives when suddenly economic destruction swept over them.   There were alot of bad decisions made individually, but for the most part this destruction was caused by those "above their pay grade". 

Next week I'm going to break it down to some simple (I hope) concepts that will foretell the likely outcome our current economic issues and what we can, or cannot do about it. 

Ed

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6056

Posted By: Dan JS -
Date: 4/21/2010 12:10:03 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The sad part of it all is that most people do not understand how all of this works. It's really scary being propped up knowing you're going to fall but having your eyes covered so you can't brace for the actual impact. I can't see this going much further than this year without disasterous results. Trend forecasters such as Celente and Schiff have both put this year (or next year at the latest) as the year the house of cards will fall. 

Great commentary Ed!