Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, September 23, 2018   7:27:06 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Making Sense of the Disappearance of Millions
Posted By: WesleyWhitehead
6/3/2010 9:50:12 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

There are a multitude of books written either by "abductees" or by researchers chronicling "abductees" experiences that speak of a coming evacuation. The messages received by the "abductees" are all similar (all around the world) and with slight variations speak of a coming evacuation of the humans who are holding up the advancement or "enlightenment" of society to be re-educated and brought back at a later time. These books will be flying off the shelves I believe after the rapture, especially if the removal of the restrainer allows fallen angels to walk the earth again proclaiming to be "highly evolved aliens" here to guide mankind into the age of aquarius...

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6115

Posted By: Noreene -
Date: 6/3/2010 11:06:49 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: As you were describing the "space ship", it seemed to be just like the movie, Stargate (with Kurt Russell), where Ra's spaceship descended on top of the pyramid.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6116

Posted By: TylerCox -
Date: 6/3/2010 1:37:22 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I don’t understand how any one could believe this CRAP, about aliens. The whole John Travolta, Kristy Ally & Tom Cruse Bovine Scatology (Scientology) just blows my mind.

I was/am a Public School, remedial educated – graduate i.e. dumb as a box of rocks…..till I started to stick my nose N2 this Bible. I have heard preachers say they believe in extra terrestrials or that we are not alone in this universe. Never mind what the Bible says.

I have yet to go to the site you are referring to here but as with any thing that is against Christ it will line up as close as possible to the true Word – as a lot of what you wrote. I simply can’t believe that aliens will be the deception or the reason given for our disappearance. There are simply too many un-believers that would not be able to grasp it i.e. believe in them.

I was a huge sinner and was deep into the world and what it has to offer but I could never get my brain around Aliens’. My older brother is a diehard for them. Although a believer in the only one that matters he still delves into any thing related. I have always wondered from my early, early years about the stories, eye witnesses, abductions and proof. NOVA with (Spock) Lenard Nemoy would tickle my ears with all the boldness and excitment of the unexplained – prior to cable the History, Science, SyFy and like channels but I never believed nor did I have an explanation.

Till, once again, the Bible stepped up - I found out about the Nephilim. Totally explaining the unexplained and in my opinion explaining the UFO crap of today.

It takes less faith/belief that the major wars along with earthly devastation is the culprit for our disappearance than it does to believe that the Klingons or Mork from Ork will take us away.

Hear me out – First Israel’s war with the Palestinians’, Hezbollah, Jordanians’, Syrians and all those Lost Souls who are Israel’s neighbors’ destroyed. The Nuclear genie let out of the bottle on Damascus. Iran’s sleeper cells throughout the world setting off their firecrackers. The possibility of major destruction with in the USA, Martial law, internment camps-OK a stretch maybe (Psalms 83, Isaiah 17, Obadiah 1, Jeremiah 24 & Ezekiel 25-26)

Hot on the heals of that war would be Russia, Iran along with the others – taking a midnight stroll South for some goodies. Then the real fireworks start on those who live carelessly in the islands USA, UK 0 Down under....? (Ezekiel 38-9) On the heals of Gog’s fateful trip comes one who tries to make is all stop and does for a short time.

I just think that there has to be a diversion of some kind for the world to miss a billion people possibly 2 simply disappearing. I understand that some will witness it but with all the devastation in the world who is going to care and/or who yea going to tell.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6117

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 6/3/2010 3:32:01 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I tend to agree somewhat, with what Tyler wrote, in that (right now) there doesn't seem to be a majority of people who would, or could believe that Christians were taken by aliens. In some ways, I think that we would have to see a "push" of information about aliens visitng earth, or "sightings", in the near future, to convince the masses. (But the antichrist is a deceiver and will be able to control the masses)

Then again, there isn't much, that could explain to a person, who is walking alongside another, and then ............................they are gone?  People may be open to any explantion. 

My husband and I remembered reading about a former Canadian Defense Minister (Paul Hellyer) who really believes in aliens.  Below, is a video interview.  At first, I wondered how the interviewer, could keep a straight face; but then realized, that Paul Hellyer had been in a position, that wasn't one, of some dime store clerk.  And "HE" believes this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSiys7R_JM4&feature=related

This was in 2008, not that long ago.  In the video, it is mentioned that he received a standing ovation, when he spoke somewhere in Canada.  So who knows?

Those of us, who believe in the Bible, most likely believe, that anything passing as an alien, is a demon.  Even so, there are many unexplained things, like crop circles, Stonehenge, The Pyrimid of Giza, and the Face on Mars, to name a few.  Even as a Christian, I find these topics interesting, if nothing else.

How many people, who aren't saved, and don't read the Bible, look at these things, with serious questioning.  And I wonder, how many, even educated people (maybe educated people more so) could be convinced, that aliens did indeed, whisk those trouble makers, out of here.

Interesting topic, and good commentary, Becky.  Thanks.

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6118

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 6/3/2010 6:49:30 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

There is also the spirit guide for blahvatsky (sp, i know) that told her that the "unbelievers will be expelled from the earth before all will be reavealed blah blah blah". 

it seems every possible avenue is being covered just in case. 

With all of the current issues dividing people so easily (the oil spill and the Israel blockade are getting people at work all fired up)... 

You know, explaining the enemies various plans leaves most folks with a blank stare or a harsh arguement.  I've a growing certainty that telling lost people with the god of this world has planned for them doesn't matter because they don't believe in God anyway.

"and as you see the day approaching what manner of man should you be" 

God bless all.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6119

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 6/4/2010 8:43:51 AM

Comments:

It's hard to say what people will and won't believe after the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way.  It is amazing what the unbeliever willingly believes now and the HS is still here!!

Thanks for this commentary Becky it is a reminder of how bold satan is to put these kinds of thoughts into the minds of those who WANT to deny God.  That is why the Bible calls him who denies God, a "fool"...that pretty much sums it up in a four letter word. 

"and as you see the day approaching what manner of man should you be" Warren...where is this verse found? I tried to search it in the Bible here but it is KJV exact search and not sure if this is the KJV reference.  Thanks I would like this one on my fridge.Smile 

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6120

Posted By: TylerCox -
Date: 6/4/2010 11:39:38 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You are correct I have heard a number of ways or beliefs as to what an individual thinks when it comes to salvation and/or the after life. Most are so far out there and so freaking far fetched that it takes a huge, HUGE amount of faith and/or belief for them to believe what they believe.

I too could not find "and as you see the day approaching what manner of man should you be" Please inform as we already have to much dogma in the church.

The spirit that sentence is captured in Zephaniah

Zeph 2:3 states/says - Seek the Lord. alll you meek of the earth, who have upheld His justice, seek righteousness, seek humility. (so) you may be hidden in the day of the Lord's anger.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6121

Date: 6/4/2010 1:17:22 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I mostly get the quotes just a bit wrong, I'm not sure why that happens.  Probably since I find memorization to be a religious act and I'm almost religiaphobic... new word?

I once quoted "occupy until I come" and it took me so long to find it that I thought it wasn't there...

anyway since i got the quote wrong it took a while to find it.  and it seems to be a combination of passages... odd:

Hbr 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as [is] the manner of some, but exhorting [one another], and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

oddly enough, "what manner of man", seems to be always be being spoken in reference to Christ.

sorry for the confusion.  I wonder though if my quote isn't true anyway? 

We do see the Day approaching so, how should we be living?  I think the answer is we should be living in the Light, not in darkness.

God bless

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6122

Posted By: Christian_Geek -
Date: 6/4/2010 3:35:24 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you Rebecca for posting this. The "LLF" website is quite fascinating if not a bit frightening. I agree. Readers should check it out for themselves but be forewarned, it is blatantly and openly blasphemous. But they certainly seem to have put a lot of effort into formulating this whole narrative and "alternate" explanation of our faith. It doesn't even make me angry. It reads almost like a cheesy science-fiction novel. Which, ironically, is what they claim the Bible really is.
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6123

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 6/4/2010 4:59:39 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Warren,

I had looked up that scripture too.  I thought that this was similar?

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved , what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
By the way, you may already know about this website; but it is great for looking up scriptures.   You put a couple of words into the search, and "ta da", most times it will help you to find the verse that you are looking for, pretty fast.  It also can show the scripture in context.
You aren't alone, I have a few of my favorite verses memorized; but have a hard time memorizing much. 
It is funny though, I can still remember a scripture verse that I had to learn in Sunday School, for a church "Children's Day" program.  That was about 48 years ago.  Smile
God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 6127

Date: 6/5/2010 1:25:25 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Shelley.

I've got quite a few verses memorized but finding them is the problem... it is a big book afterall.

I use blueletterbible.org.  it's nice and relativley easy to use but the multiple translations help a lot.

The very first verse I ever memorized was when I was about 5 or 6 ish.  I had a much more robust relationship with God then... in any case the verse is:

Work while it is still day for the night cometh when no man can work.  Odd verse for  a child to have in his heart for 35 years or so.

God bless guys.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 6128

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 6/5/2010 3:03:58 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This whole alien thing is definitely playing a role in the last days no matter how you look at it all. It will continue to deceive more and more people all the time. Some people will believe it and some won’t. Maybe those who don’t think aliens are real will be the ones who get saved after we are Raptured

A couple weeks ago I was listening to Chuck Smith’s live call in radio show and someone asked the question if our bodies will be left behind after the Rapture. Like we will just drop over dead and being instantly changed leaving our corrupt flesh behind. For it does say we will go from corruptible to incorruptible in a twinkling of an eye. Or at least the dead will not decay, those who rise first. But what about us who are alive when the Rapture takes place? Chuck did not have a solid point of view on if we disappear or if we leave behind our dead bodies.

Interesting view, all of a sudden we all drop over dead, maybe that would be easier to explain away than a disappearance of millions of people.

Great article Becky, I believe we are going to find out real soon here. Either way, I’m looking forward to my new body whether or not my old one gets left behind or changed instantly I really could care less.

Warren, I have a hard time memorizing scripture because I listen to and read so many different translations; it’s just not my gift I guess. Sometimes I get several scriptures intermingled together when trying to remember one in particular.  

I have always just prayed that God writes those words to my heart making them more spiritual to me rather than analytical. Although I know both are very important because hearing and understanding the word mentally is to renew one’s mind.

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”(Romans 12-2)

The importance of God’s word on our heart, I believe, supersedes analytical understanding.

“He called a little child and had him stand among them and he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt 18: 3-4)

I guess all that said I will take the Word of God written on my heart over it written in my head. Although by saying that I’m in no way down playing those who have that gift to memorize scripture. It is an awesome gift; one that I’m afraid is just not mine.

“write them upon the table of our heart” (Prov. 7:3). “Receive, I pray thee, the law from His mouth, and lay up His words in thy heart” (Job 22:22). “Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee” (Psa. 119:11).

James say’s that we must plant the word of God in our hearts like seeds so it can bear forth fruit.

"Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.” (James 1:21)

“You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.”(2 Cor. 3:2-3)

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 6129

Posted By: Afton -
Date: 6/5/2010 6:41:13 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow! When I went on the "LLF" web site and saw the cheesy HTML (and the fact that it was purportedly established by Rev. Beel Z. Bub) I was ready to completely write it off... until I actually started reading through it a little bit.  It really struck me that instead of the usual explaining away of the Bible as a man-made fairy tale, they encourage people to read the Bible word for word as fact, and then provide their own explanation as to its content.  Things such as God leading Moses and the children of Israel as a pillar of fire/cloud; obviously the exhaust fumes of a space ship! I must say, that website did an excellent job of twisting scripture!  The scary thing is, I'm 25 years old, and I know that I'd have a much easier time convincing friends my own age that "Elohim" is an alien race bent on enslaving mankind than that He is Almighty God that loved us enough to die for us!  It takes on an interesting spin... as to how those left behind could actually fight on the side of Lucifer against God.  It also made me thankful for Matthew 24:24; "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect."

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 6130

Posted By: Christian_Geek -
Date: 6/6/2010 3:08:48 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Afton,

I had the same reaction.  They seem to hit all of the key doctrinal issues.  How Lucifer wasn't kicked out of heaven.  He left of his own free will because he disagreed with the "Elohim" leadership and had more compassion for mankind by giving them the ability to know "good and evil" and to evolve on thier own.  This is just one example, but they have everything covered, including a ready-made explanation for the rapture and a sort of call-to-arms to join forces to resist and fight the "holographic projected images of Jesus and the angels" when they show up to conquer and enslave mankind.  Very cleverly written and well thought out.  It makes me wonder if we are looking at the beginnngs of the message and belief system the anti-christ will use to unite all of humanity under his control.  It may sound weird but I would encourage everyone to read this site.  We must know the enemy.  Times are going to get tough and Satan knows he is defeated.  Don't think he will go down without a fight.  Just think of the treachery and lies he is capable of and his vicious hatred for God and His people.  These are the lies and stories you will have to be able to refute.  Just make sure you have your "armor" on before visiting the web site.

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 6131

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 6/7/2010 11:48:43 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks so much, everyone.  Christian_Geek and Afton...you said the same things I was thinking.  I kept wondering, should I recommend people to visit this site in my article?  I thought the warning of putting on your armor was excellent, and very true.

Also, what you said made me realize why the Church of Laodicia is spewed out of God's mouth.  If Christians are on the fence, then the Rapture happens, and along comes the A/C with an explanation as good as the one on the LLF's website...it's all she wrote!

Yes, I caught the made-up names for the President and whatever the 2nd in command was...kind of funny but twisted.

Also, I know we've been close, even at the doors...but it feels like there is a fire on the otherside right now.  Their blasphemies made me sick to my stomach, but also made me know that Christ is close at hand!

It seems to me that the media and Hollywood are priming the pump with some of the things they've put out lately regarding the end of the world and aliens.  It seems like unbelievers are being desensitized at every turn!

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 6133

Posted By: NicoleBoedeker -
Date: 6/9/2010 10:14:36 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

One of the theories I've heard tossed about quite frequently is the "mystical" shambhala force that will "take out" those who are not able to evolve to a higher spirit plane and become an "enlightened" being due to the resistance they have toward being a linked universal mind. What a load of horse hooey! But, since sooooo many people are into meditation, Eastern zen and Buddhism these days, it would make sense why so many of them would believe that.

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 6135

Posted By: Lou -
Date: 6/9/2010 10:27:46 AM

Comments:

New Age Rapture

Those who resist "unity" will be purged according to many new age thinkers which include a number of dominionist explainations of the rapture really being a purging or a cleansing before Jesus establishes His kingdom upon the earth. The thinking is that God will remove the dead weight or those in the way of establishing a world suitable for Jesus  to return to.

Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 6180

Posted By: SherryBrown2010625 -
Date: 7/1/2010 6:21:29 AM

Comments:

Personally, I believe that all the UFO/Aliens/"Ascended Masters" stuff will make up the coming One World Religion, via the Roman Catholic Church.  The "Pope" will be "Ascended Master Jesus", and will probably be the "False Prophet".Two years ago I went to this website : www.summitlighthouse.org ,and read up on the New Age LIES, and then I began to look up references to "Lord Maitreya Buddha",  whom I believe is going to be the Antichrist.  His "writings" can be found on an U.N. website called S.H.A.R.E. International, channeled by Benjamin Creme- the strong delusion God will send upon those who chose to believe the lie, rather than loving The TRUTH...2Thessalonians, chapter 2. Read "Reinventing Jesus Christ", a free online book by Warren Smith.THAT is what made me start investigating this garbage in the first place.

Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 6269

Posted By: MaryAgloro -
Date: 9/4/2010 3:39:42 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: I went to the website and one look was enough...I didn't even feel right reading this garbage! I know the One who has it all in control and know the Truth in God's Word.
Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 6275

Posted By: pete -
Date: 9/10/2010 9:14:27 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I don't know if I missed this comment, but I think with the modern media and culture, people have been being desensitized to alien's and other-worldly stuff for 60+ years now.  I mean, if you were to take a poll back in the 1950's and take one today, there would be a marked difference in the total amount of people willing to believe in aliens/ufos/mother ship etc.  Depending on how long the Lord tarries, it may not shock people at all when it happens.