Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, September 20, 2018   6:15:24 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

John  3 : 16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Unplugging
Posted By: Alf
6/17/2010 6:22:30 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

"Sitting back and letting God take control of the future is no easy task."

Too often I struggle to do this. Great article and really good advice, Becky!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6154

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 6/17/2010 10:27:36 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Alf!  I prayed quite a bit before doling out advice.  Even if our earthly efforts appear to have no effect and the if the US falls; at least we took a stand and showed others how important our God given freedoms are.  Often times, Scriptures show where the Israelites did not listen to the prophets, and I'm sure the prophets felt like they were fighting a losing battle; but the Truth of His Supremacy can be revealed after-the-fact because of the efforts of the prophets before-hand because their message was recorded and shown to have come true.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6155

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 6/19/2010 12:20:02 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The sad thing is with the news you really have to decipher through it all to get a perspective on what’s going on. Luckily we still have the internet that gives us another alternative to what the media moguls want us to believe.

I thank God for the OL, that there are believers that have the gift I have and we see just what is really happening. Trust me; many believers I know don’t seem to have a clue, so my only conclusion is it must be a gift.

All we can do is keep being the light for Truth whatever it may entail. I’m always looking for opportunities to bring conversations around to why things are happening in this world but too few seem to want to hear it.

America I believe is suffering, the oil spill is a perfect example not to mention floods, tornados, fires; it all depends where you live. Maybe an earthquake here in California will be next?

My wife is on the prayer team for our church and there are a lot of people hurting, out of work, illness, divorce, death in families, you name it it’s all on the increase. Maybe Satan is ratcheting up his attacks on the church, like on Job and God is allowing it.  People are putting their trust in the only one they can really put their trust in, Jesus.

Just thank God we have what we have, even if it’s too much over time, LOL. I’m glad your hubby got some well deserved rest from the daily grind. I thank God every day my business is still paying the bills. If I could give a little advice back, Becky, it would be to save the money your husband is making in overtime because things can change really fast. I think you probably are already doing just that. Like Joseph had Pharaoh do and in turn it saved Joseph’s family and the entire race of the Jews. I’m trying to get one year of “supplies” for my family in case we lose our work we will have at least one year to prepare for the worst. But I’m betting on the Rapture but just in case things do get ugly before then it’s wise to be prepared.

As always Becky, great article, God is good. That reminds me of something said in The Chronicles of Narnia. I think it was one of the little girls said to Aslan “You’re not safe!” His reply, “No, but I’m good!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6163

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 6/23/2010 8:40:29 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: I feel better just reading your article!