Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, March 19, 2018   6:43:24 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Revelation  22 : 13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Healthy Fear
Posted By: ElizabethM
6/24/2010 10:50:25 AM

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Wonderful article. I had never thought of the parallels of relationships in this way. Thank you Rebecca.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6164

Posted By: NicoleBoedeker -
Date: 6/24/2010 5:55:37 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Amen to that! There should ALWAYS be consequences for one's negative actions and, unfortunately today most parents are so brainwashed that their kids grow up to be spoiled brats. Lisa Welchel has a great book called "Creative Discipline" for punishments that will have lessons that certainly stick with the child b/c not every child learns discipline with spanking, not every child learns discipline with time out or grounding or taking away something.

Great parallel, btw, regarding kids and parents and us and God.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6165

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 6/24/2010 7:30:55 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Thanks, Ladies!  I just pray that if my cousin-in-law ever reads this, she won't be too upset.  I just wonder how to tell her without hurting her feelings or stepping on a hot torch???

Thanks for the book recommendation.  If we are around much longer, I will most likely need to check it out because I have a feeling that Nicole's teenage years will be challenging.  What works now could definitely not have the same effect later on.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6167

Posted By: SherryBrown2010625 -
Date: 6/25/2010 4:41:00 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Rebecca-You have NAILED it! I taught 4th grade in a public school for a number of years, and I had to learn to let "the punishment" fit "the crime", because 9 yr olds have a deep sense of "justice". I love how you show the relationship between God and each person who becomes the Bride of Christ. The "uniqueness" of God's love and discipline applied "individually" to us according to our temperament and intellect , combined with His abiding Grace is what makes me LOVE, ADORE, TRUST, and OBEY Him as a child would do to their BELOVED parent(s)!
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6170

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 6/27/2010 12:05:53 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Great article Becky and we are still growing ourselves and will continue until we go to be with the Lord.

I remember my wife and I were teaching the Saturday night 5-6 year olds at services at our church. When we were leaving and walking out to the parking lot my daughter, then about five started throwing a fit, about what I don’t even remember.

My wife was trying to walk her to the car with a firm grip on her arm but she just kept going limp and falling on the ground. My daughter kept yelling at my wife’ “You’re hurting me, you’re hurting me!” Then, with everyone in the parking lot looking at us like we were abusing our daughter, they were probably saying, “Isn’t that the couple that was just watching our children?” Nice, kids are such a joy at times, LOL

We never spanked our kids except on maybe a rare occasion; I personally think there are more effective ways of discipline that are harder to keep in force, like no movies or games for a week. My son loves to read so my wife would take away his latest book for a couple days. Sounds like an odd thing but it works.

We have great kids, my daughter is very stubborn and if she does not want to do something you can’t make her do it. I think that may be a good thing when she gets older with the “boy thing” I think she can start dating when she’s 25,that would be an okay age to start, LOL, like you say about Nicole that is if we are still here.