Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, June 23, 2018   1:28:18 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zechariah  14 : 12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Gone
Posted By: David_Psalm91
7/1/2010 4:12:09 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Good article Rebecca...My wife and I are standing on the Words and Promises of the 91st Psalm!! You might want to slowly read thru it again, especially the Amplified translation. Great comfort, especially if you live on the Fl Gulf coast as we do. Great times as the Lord is coming for us soon!!! Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!! David.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6183

Posted By: SherryBrown2010625 -
Date: 7/1/2010 8:32:01 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Rebecca,dear SIC,you've touched upon one of my "soft spots"-the movie "GWTW". I first saw it when I was 14, and walked out of the theater sobbing my heart out!The "old man,old woman,and the boy playing the flute in tears",were actually the DOCTOR in GWTW, his wife, and the dead soldier's little brother-SOB! Having seen GWTW @200 times,I can actually do the "lines" for any given character in this movie. I've never seen the parallel you've shown between the (UN)Civil War and our Iraq & Afghanistan wars today!What insight!My husband & I lost EVERYTHING 2 years ago,due to circumstances beyond our control.It ALL worked out-Romans 8:28,37-39!Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6186

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 7/2/2010 1:43:52 PM

Comments:

Thanks, David & Sherry.

Sherry, the characters I was referencing were not the doctor, his wife and son.  That scene occurred after Scarlett read the list to Melanie.  The other characters were a part of the crowd and not credited.

It's funny how I have watched that movie hundreds of times over my lifetime, and it effected me more the other night than it ever has.  Of course, the end was always sad; but the whole movie had me choked-up.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6187

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 7/3/2010 9:20:57 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Becky and my wife Robin are two peas in a pod. Here is a picture of Robin's movie posters she has had from before we were married. I used to have to look at them at our other house as she had them hanging in the hallway; I pulled them out of the closet and took a picture. LOL

Gone with the Wind

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6189

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 7/4/2010 11:46:23 AM

Comments:

Awesome posters, Dan.  Please give my highest regards to Robin.  She has impeccable tastes!

YSIC,

Becky

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6194

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 7/6/2010 10:37:09 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Don't know about that she married me.lol