Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, September 25, 2018   1:11:24 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Timothy  6 : 20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Praying for America’s Next Generation
Posted By: Vic
7/29/2010 11:15:20 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Good Article Rebecca -- I think you said the best word, Prayer ! We have to remember we are battling a person's flesh -- The flesh is about on the furthest planet you can be from God, plus the whole world the Bible says lies in the lap of the Evil one (Satan). Prayer is the only way -- Joe Focht of Calvary Chapel in Philadelphia may of said this :: that 90% of High Schoolers or High School girls have committed sexual sin/fornication/immorality. Barring Miracles - most kids today are going to be in trouble Spiritually -- Hopefully they will reason things before it is too late. cont'd....
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6220

Posted By: Vic -
Date: 7/29/2010 11:18:40 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Maranatha, Your Brother in Christ, Vic ><> p.s. regarding the Scripture verse above: Broad Way - Living a life without God and Jesus Narrow Way - Living a life with God and Jesus Jesus Blood Forgives All Sins, that is what Saved me! ><>
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6221

Date: 7/29/2010 11:24:09 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: I apologize for the crazy post Rebecca - lol's -- I had a good post written, but the window would only let me post a 1,000 Characters -- I tried posting the other part of the message, but it didn't post -- then I did get the post to go through, but I lost a good part of the message it may of been in the 2nd post - lol's -- all is well - God Bless You !! Victor !
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6222

Date: 7/29/2010 11:26:19 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: I had this written :: "No one can come to Me (Jesus), unless the Father who sent Me draw him...." (John 6:44) ! The Holy Spirit and us could be what God uses. ><>
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6226

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 7/30/2010 7:44:34 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Vic!  Your posts are always so good and encouraging.  I'm blessed to have a brother in Christ like you.

Becky

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6228

Posted By: Gloria -
Date: 7/30/2010 12:07:06 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wow Becky what a week you must have had. It`s very hard to talk to young people without sounding judgemental because we`re "old". What they don`t realize is that their 'reality shows' have nothing to do with reality or happiness. It`s heartbreaking to watch. Thinking perhaps a talk with a few of the youth at church might help lead you to books or tapes that spoke to their hearts might help. Keeping you in prayer. Enjoying your articles. Keep up the good work. Maranatha Gloria
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6229

Date: 7/30/2010 12:55:51 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

That's an excellent idea, Gloria.  I will do that.  Thank you!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6232

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 8/1/2010 11:37:00 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

We will keep you and your extended family in our prayers, Becky.

It’s sickening how bad television has become. We don’t let our kids watch anything that we don’t know what the show may be about. They have all the DVD sets to I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, Gilligan’s Island and others. The TV shows we grew up with.

I have caught, a few times what is on MTV and it’s complete debauchery. Homosexuality is accepted as a normal life style, even touted as a form of free expression to be glorified. You only have to watch just a few minutes of it to see how bad it has become.

But that’s what the Word of God says will be in the last days. Just like the frog in cold water with the heat being slowly turned up. Like Jack says, I’m not sure if that is true for a frog but is true for the human race.

Like The Overton Window, the evil ones keep pushing the view of the window past the accepted norm. Then, when society becomes desensitized they will accept what they would have rejected only a short time before.   

There is Truth in this world, which is set forth by the one who all Truth comes from. We will pray that the Holy Spirit will lead those who have a willing heart be lead to that Truth, Jesus Christ.

Great article, Becky, we will pray that you will be free from physical pain. I have lived with it myself and I know it’s hard to enjoy life when your body is in turmoil.

I just read this on WND,Kinsey was another sicko! It just goes to show that the "sexual revolution" in America started long before the 60's.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=185833

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6235

Date: 8/2/2010 9:18:34 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Dan,

Thanks so much for your post.  I always look forward to reading your comments.

Thank you for your prayers.  They are definitely needed, and I'm so grateful to my OL family for lifting me up through their prayers.

Satan is on the attack.  He keeps coming at us physically because he is hoping it will render us ineffective spiritually.  Praise the Lord that Satan will not conquer us and we will prevail with our God.

I will lift you up in prayer, also, Dan.

Yes, Kinsey was a sicko; and I can see how his teachings have effected sex-ed even when I was younger.  I watched a movie about him with Liam Neeson.  Some images you just can't take back and get out of your head.  I wish I would have passed on that one.  Even though I closed my eyes in some parts; it still stuck with me and made me spin.

Sometimes I research the enemy by studying what he puts out.  Even with the full armor of God on, sometimes it can still get to you.  It makes me weep for humanity.  Woe on to them who try to define good and evil without our Holy God.  They will never find justice or a peace of heart.

I'll be sure to check out your link at lunch today.

Thanks, again, dear brother!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6239

Posted By: Shack -
Date: 8/4/2010 4:11:36 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hey Rebecca, Will be praying with you. My wife and I worked with the youth group at our church for three years and understand what you saw. Just the other day, I was on facebook (yes, when you work with youth, you have to use facebook..) and noticed one of the girls who graduated a couple of years back speaking of how much she loved Lady GaGa. If really breaks my heart.

My wife and I were saved about 8 years ago, and not due to any legalistic issues, but just due to the leading of the Holy Spirit, we do not listen to any secular music.

I grew up in the original MTV generation. I remember music vidoes getting there start. But this generation of youth is bombarbed with mis-represeneted sexual images all the time.

Pray that the Holy Spirit convicts were needed, and that there are wise adults who can speak wisdom into the minds of our youth. James