Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, June 18, 2018   9:41:23 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  1 : 8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

When Did the ''Word'' Become the Word?
Posted By: ElizabethM
8/5/2010 11:07:52 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Absolutely right! Excellent article Rebecca.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6241

Posted By: NicoleBoedeker -
Date: 8/5/2010 11:57:04 AM

Comments:

I think if you look up "hypocrite" in the dictionary you'd see Pelosi's picture...

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6242

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 8/5/2010 3:47:38 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Rebecca, God said that He knew us and called us "before the foundations of the earth"!!! He knew we would accept the Gift of Salvation, even though we had a free will choice to decide for ourselves. That pretty much tells us when life began! I like your writings...keep up the good work. Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!! David
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6243

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 8/7/2010 8:51:26 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I also saw that on Glenn Beck, Wednesday. A great question asked by the reporter. To ask the question: So Nancy, when do you say life begins? Or even to ask, in an odd way: Who do you say the Word is? That is, who do you say Jesus is?

Glenn Beck also played Pelosi’s first speech about “the Word”  on his radio show. I came home that night and played it for my wife. We both could not figure out what the heck she was trying to say. Pelosi was trying to act like she was some spiritual intellectual that was in tune with the Catholics she was talking to. All she did was prove what a phony idiot she truly is with her babbling comment on “the Word.” You’re right, Becky, “hypocrite,” is the “word” for Pelosi!

I like Glenn Beck; I listen to him on Sirius radio on my way to work. He just came on a couple months ago. Now I have a hard time not switching between KWAV on FM radio, J. Vernon McGee and Skip Heitzig, two great Bible teachers. They happen to be on at the same time as Glenn Beck.

Glenn is funny, very clever, holds to our U S Constitution on what it should be, the supreme law of the land, and conveys strong Judeo-Christian principles on all his shows, radio and TV. My son and I just finished his latest book, The Overton Window, it’s pretty good.

But all that said about Glenn Beck, I have a hard time with him being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, LDS or “Mormons” and proclaiming he is a “Christian.”

I know the Mormon doctrine well. My mother and sister were both baptized in the Mormon faith. My sister and brother in-law went to BYU, Brigham Young University, as did two of my nephews. I have a cousin that did his two year mission before he went to college and is now a Bishop in the Mormon Church. I have been to the Temple in Salt Lake City myself a couple times and have gone to a Mormon Church as a teenager. I have nothing against Mormons, as I have family members that are. I know a lot of them; they are wonderful very family-oriented people!

I think what amazes me is that Glenn Beck is a guy who researches history constantly. He spends a great deal of time searching for the true facts about any given subject. I just don’t get how a guy like that has not come to the conclusion that the Mormon faith is based on lies and deceit. All you have to do is research what Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were about not to let the facts speak for themselves.

Also, Jesus is not the first created being that is also Satan’s brother. And we are not going to get our own planet some day and become gods. If you’re married in the Temple you will be joined with your wife for all of eternity. The Bible does not teach any of that, but the Mormon Church does. I could go on and on about what they teach and how it contradicts the Bible.

I certainly don’t know if Glenn Beck is saved or not. Is he born again spiritually?  Does he have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? He talks about spending time with and having a relationship with Jesus.  

Glenn Beck also talks about the “Atonement of Christ” but what does that mean to Glenn? I believe people can be in the Mormon Church and be saved, but at some point the Holy Spirit will lead them away from it and toward the Truth. I pray that is the case for Glenn Beck.

http://www.glennbeckmormon.com/ 

Anyhow, Becky, great article as always. I guess if I could ask Glenn Beck one question it would be; Who do you say Jesus, the “Word” is, Almighty God, The Alpha and The Omega or Satan’s brother? Keep Glenn Beck in your prayers!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6244

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 8/8/2010 12:44:25 AM

Comments:

I most certainly will, Dan.

What's odd is I imagine that what happens with the Mormons or Catholics that are saved is that they are Mormons or Catholics in name only, and do not adhere to the doctrine.  When I was Catholic, I did not have half the ideas what the doctrine was because I studied the Bible from a very early age.  I did not realize they believed in pentenance and the like; or the fascination with Mary.  I imagine my mother's Protestant upbringing helped me study the Bible for myself.

If Glenn were to ever study the doctrine of Mormon, I most certainly would think he would get away from it and grow closer to God.  Glenn keeps seeking the truth, and the truth will find him.  Still, I'll keep praying for him as a voice like his is something this country needs right now.