Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, May 27, 2018   1:30:29 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 17
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 27

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Nest Eggs. Fried or Scrambled?
Posted By: DanDapper
9/6/2010 10:27:36 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

It being Labor Day I guess we can plan on laboring away until we die. That is if we can even find work. I have stopped funding my IRA and my wife’s TSA, it won't be there in ten years, and I think it will be gone sooner. The stock market will lose all its wealth; it's just another Ponzi scheme. Being self employed I have literally threw away hundreds of thousands of dollars in "Social Security" between myself and what I put into that Ponzi scheme for my employees also. We will never see any of it. But greedy pigs in Washington and Wall Street will live high on the hog. I know where my TRUE hope is. "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100906/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_economy

Spend, spend, spend, today’s headlines are just more of the same until BHO collapses our economy. Who were those mentors of BHO's, Cloward and Piven ring a bell?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/02/the_clowardpiven_strategy_of_e.html

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6271

Posted By: Noreene -
Date: 9/6/2010 11:48:36 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks Ed D...I don't have many eggs, but my home is paid for. I have more than many people have.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6272

Posted By: Ezra -
Date: 9/6/2010 2:23:44 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Ed.

Speaking of 401(k)’s, the advantages of tax deferment today could be completely negated by an enormous tax increase by the time of withdrawal.  And it wouldn’t surprise me.  The government has the cards stacked any way that they want.  That is why I am ambivalent about contributing to my TSP.  Like anybody, I feel the big push to contribute to my account so that I will have a nest egg for later, but at the same time, I figure why bother?  Personally, I don’t think we’re going to be here much longer anyway (yay!), but we’re also supposed to keep on keepin’ on. 

Here’s an interesting article called “Government wants your 401(k)” from WorldNetDaily:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=196173

Seems that Uncle Sam is inventing another big cookie jar for himself.