Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, May 27, 2018   1:27:23 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 27

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Paradox of Second Life
Posted By: Noreene
9/13/2010 11:12:17 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Wow, and I thought that I couldn't be surprised anymore!! Reminds me of a Star Trek story where everyone was playing a game from Risa and as they got caught up in it, it changed their pyschologocial processes. Thanks Ed D
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6280

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 9/13/2010 12:10:21 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Interesting, it just goes to show if we live outside of God's reality and try and make up our own where it will lead us. I looked at the site, weird; talk about creating a complete fantasy in which true reality becomes lost. I think I will stick with the truth and be guided by the Holy Spirit in real life. Thanks, Ed, for writing about this; I will keep "Bob" in my prayers. "Bob” needs to know Truth, and that Truth is Jesus, who, is NOT a fantasy made up in our mind.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6281

Posted By: JanaFunkhouser -
Date: 9/13/2010 1:36:33 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Ed, this does not surprise me. People are looking for ways to escape this present "gray" reality which is quickly turning much darker as our financial double-dip recession turns into complete bankruptcy. Gerald Celente, of Trends Researach,  is predicting that the stock market in this nation will crash by the end of this year! Your thoughts? Jana

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6282

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 9/13/2010 5:22:46 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Ed,

Very interesting, as I had not heard of this virtual game.  Also interesting that it is called "Second Life", like another name for "Born Again"? 

How very sad that people are being so deceived.

Thanks for sharing this.

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6283

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 9/13/2010 11:21:10 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I think this is a way to set up people for a future world ruled by deception. People are falling for fantasy worlds in movies and virtual realities on multiple venues. In Revelation, the demons are free to perform many miracles during the tribulation. And the people living on the earth in that time will find it easy to turn away from horrors around them to a kaleidoscope of wonders all in return for just bowing to the Beast.

Before I turned my life over to Jesus, I was a dedicated reader of science fiction and fantasy. Shortly after I was saved, God lead me little by little to get rid of all of it. I well can understand the appeal of alternate realities. However, God has created us for Himself and He is often quite jealous of our creating our own worlds apart from His. In a way, these are little temples of our own making and the god we bow to there is me, myself and I.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6285

Posted By: Dave Labanow -
Date: 9/15/2010 12:26:42 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Oh come on it's just a game..Wink Wink

How deceptive!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6286

Posted By: Noreene -
Date: 9/15/2010 1:18:58 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

As I said above, it seems like science fiction.  Only problem is this is not a tv show, it is real.  It is hard for me to imagine how someone could actually get caught up in something like that.

I can't help but worry about how things will be when my little grandchildren become teenagers.  It is so scary.  I pray "Bob" will wake up and join reality.  I also feel for his family.  Everyday there is something new to turn people away from good ole common sense!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6296

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 9/27/2010 9:48:30 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Maybe just a game to some, but the person I know got so caught up in it their own life changed significantly.  What he wanted online, became what he wanted in real life.

Perhaps it was, in a sense, like a gambling habit.   

Google research studies on Second Life.