Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, June 23, 2018   12:43:19 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  1 : 8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

To Speak or not to Speak
Posted By: DanDapper
9/29/2010 4:45:33 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

I can totally relate to the owner of Just Cookies dilemma on what is the right thing in God’s eyes to do. I own a business where there is a strong presence of gay and lesbians in the community. One end of the valley is more outspoken, in the movement, in advancing the “rights” of that life style.

Where I own my business they are more conservative and politically many of them think like I do, believe it or not. I have many clients that are in long term homosexual relationships that are great people. I have also employed both lesbian and gays, although the gay guy did not last long, but that was due to his work ethics and not his lifestyle.

I have other homosexual friends that are in the same business as me. We go out to dinner and talk about our mutual concerns regarding our businesses. As fellow human beings, I have absolutely no problem associating with them and maintaining mutual respect. But all that said, when it comes down to trying to change the definition of what marriage should be, I draw the line.

I have a married couple that as “Ministers,” they perform marriages. The man is Jewish and his wife a “Christian.” I asked him once if he was a Messianic Jew, but I never got a straight answer. He said he did the weddings that were compliant with a marriage between a Gentile and a Jew. Kind of like making it easier for everyone to get through the wedding ceremony without offending anyone, I guess.LOL. They are a very nice older couple. They brought in some small flyers with their picture on them advertising their business. I have a small cabinet that I let people put their business cards and such on.

Well, one of the times they came in I asked them how business was and she said she was doing many weddings because California was now allowing gay and lesbian couples to get married. At this time, we were getting ready to vote on Prop. 8. When she left, and I had time for that to sink in, my dilemma was whether to return their small stack of flyers.

I thought and prayed about it, and I decided I would wait until the results of Prop. 8. If it did not pass I would deal with it then. I don’t know if that was the right thing in God’s eyes or not. I suppose if they start allowing homosexuals to get married in California I will have to tell them to take their advertising out of my business.

I will keep the owner of Just Cookies and his family in my prayers. Persecution is only going to get worse.

I can go on and on with other stories like Just Cookies, here in California it has been going on for a long time. I think eventually they will win, but not for long.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6300

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 9/30/2010 4:00:56 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It's amazing what is accepted by the World nowadays that wouldn't even be imagined a few decades ago:  unwed mothers, couples living together unmarried, having multiple intimate relationships prior to marriage; you name it.

I feel for you Dan!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6301

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 10/1/2010 9:18:27 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1190690

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6302

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 10/1/2010 10:43:50 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

See, and that's what kills me.  I was thinking the same thing...if it was a Muslim owned bakery; they wouldn't be going after them like this.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6303

Posted By: joebubbit -
Date: 10/4/2010 9:59:15 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Reminds me of this scene from Giant. Of course Hollywood panders to the bleeding heart liberal, but I side with Sarge and his freedom to exercise his constitutional right, bigot or not. What better way to arouse liberal passions than to have Hollywood darling Rock get whooped. Watch the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ptm6F2KHQ

"In America, privately owned businesses have the freedom to serve whom they want to serve."