Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, August 19, 2018   11:40:16 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  4 : 3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Could Bill Clinton Have The Answer?
Posted By: Danielle Patton
10/4/2010 1:50:11 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
I've seen everything now
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6306

Posted By: BetsyW -
Date: 10/4/2010 5:38:11 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: How much of Clinton's moderation was due to the Republican control of Congress in '94 and how much to his personal policy ideas? I've often wondered if the conservative Congress did not hold some things in check with Clinton thus resulting in his economic successes. Not being learned in economic policy, I never really invesstigated it much. Betsy
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6307

Posted By: Noreene -
Date: 10/5/2010 9:44:20 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I had the same thoughts as Danielle..I never expected anything good from Bill Clinton.

Thanks again, Ed D

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6308

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 10/5/2010 11:05:17 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I realize this may be controversial to some readers.  I didn't vote for Clinton -- obviously.  However, history has spoken and we can learn alot from Clinton's time in the Presidency -- good and bad.  

In one historical view, Clinton was a pretty bad character but his accomplishments in economic governing were considerably more moderate than our sitting president.  The parallel to Obama and FDR and their liberal mindedness is profound.  FDR was popular with the people but I think his policies kept the U.S. in the Depression many years longer than if a more moderate economic agenda was put forward at that time. 

Why the country leaned so far left to elect Mr. Obama is a wonder. 

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6309

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 10/6/2010 8:37:34 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article ED, in hindsight Billy boy was not that bad. I could not stand Clinton while he was in office, but now I joke around with some of my conservative clients and we all say how much we loved and miss him now. (As compared to BHO, that is)

I have thought that if Bill Clinton never became President and was just some attorney that had a second home where I have my business and he came to me. He would be someone you would actually like, or at least be friendly with. He would have his stupid joke he would tell you, probably on the smutty side. We would trade a few cigars like I do with a few of my other clients and he would be out the door smiling and laughing. Then I would take the cigars he traded me and toss them in the trash, LOL