Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, June 19, 2018   2:10:07 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Timothy  6 : 20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Bill vs. Bill
Posted By: DanDapper
10/6/2010 3:10:27 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

I really can't stand Billy O anymore. His haughty, arrogant attitude usually makes me change the channel, except, maybe when he has one of the good looking female commentators on his show, then he’s bearable, but barely. Fox News knows what brings on male watchers, LOL. Bill Maher is just an angry spiteful man; he has gotten worse just like O’Reilly has. I’m pretty sick of this world myself; if it was not for my family I would be living in a cave somewhere. We are most definitely in the last days' of the church of Laodicea. And things on a daily basis are getting worse and worse. Hang in there Becky; Jesus knows just how much we can take.

I just watched it; I guess there is hope for Billy O. But Maher, all I can say is-- “Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.”

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6310

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 10/6/2010 4:20:34 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Sometimes I have his program on as background noise when I'm doing something else.  I'm not a regular watcher of O'Reilly's show; but the one segment I do like is the body-language segment because I find it interesting.

Thanks for your comments, Dan.  I really appreciate them.  You hang in there too

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6311

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 10/6/2010 5:17:55 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Becky,

I know that you know this (as you stated), that just because someone like Bill O'Reilly says that he is a Christian, doesn't mean that he is. 

How many people (talk show hosts included) do we see, that claim to know and believe in God (or claim to be a Christian); but still don't seem to have a clue. Bill O'Reilly, like Glenn Beck, is about bringing political and worldly news, views etc. O'Reilly may be more grating; but still, that agenda is their forte'. Not Christianity. We can't expect too much from that.

Sadly, Bill Maher, is just openly anti-God and everything to do with Christianity. Both are lost, unless they come to believe (by the Holy Spirit), that Jesus died for their sins, and accept His pardon and grace. And because of that, I think that they both need our prayers. Not because they are well known, liked or disliked; but because they are lost.

And I agree, we are seeing this more and more on television and everywhere.

The Lord is the only One that can change man's heart, and our prayers will not go unanswered.

It is frustrating, and one reason that I rarely watch much news anymore. I keep informed about Israel and a few other things; but I find that it is best, to just leave it all in God's Hands.

To some, that may sound like a cop out; but I can't do anything apart from God, and He is much more capable than I.

I do like Bill O'Reilly's "word for the day".

Thanks for the commentary, Becky. They are always interesting and something to think about.

Love and God Bless, Shelley

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6312

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 10/7/2010 8:37:12 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Shelley!  I just love getting comments from you.  I love the devotionals you share in the forums.

I pray you are well, and you have a great rest of the week!

Your Sister in Christ,

Becky

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6314

Posted By: MarkWarner -
Date: 10/9/2010 7:08:44 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: I understand your frustration. Bill Maher often makes me angry whenever I hear him also.