Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, March 18, 2018   9:15:54 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Zephaniah  3 : 9
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Mesmerizing Monsters
Posted By: ShelleyMessenger
1/12/2011 10:58:51 AM

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Hi Becky, Interesting commentary. Thanks.

As I read what you wrote:

"Granted, Edward is not portrayed as a monster at all. He's a perfect gentleman. He is chivalrous, kind, loving and deadly handsome. Everything about him draws the character of Bella into falling hopelessly in love with him.

He and the other vampires he lives with have opted to become "vegetarians" by only eating animals instead of humans. Each of the vampires are also very fast, strong, and have centuries' worth of experiences making them smart and "wise" by human standards. They also each have a unique gift. One can read minds; another can foretell the future (subjectively), another can calm people down. Who wouldn't find these beings attractive, and god-like?"

It made me think of the coming anti-christ, and though totally evil, he will be accepted. All this twisting of evil, into good, seems to be leading up to that time.  Like a slow conditioning.

Love and God Bless,

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6456

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 1/12/2011 12:05:49 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

After reading Wendy's article Beelzebub in a Beaker and commenting on the movie The Island of Dr. Moreou, it makes me wonder what real life monsters will appear during the Tribulation. Great article Becky! We have not had one in a while from you; I was getting worried about you. Hope and pray all is well with you and your family.

PS, you can tell Nicole I still have nightmares myself. Satan and his demons have used my dreams ever since I can remember to haunt me and make me fear what I can’t see. I just tell them now, even in my dreams. “In the name of Jesus you have no power here!” And they leave. My wife has heard me say that out loud many times at night. Nicole does not need to know at her age that monsters are very real, just tell here Jesus will always protect her, all she has to do is call on Jesus’ name.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6458

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 1/12/2011 12:40:55 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Thanks Shelley & Dan.  It's great to hear from you.  I have had flare-ups with pain; and we're trying to get it under control.  It has been a rough few weeks.  Christmas was great; but New Year's was not so good.  I threw out my back; doing laundry of all things.  I couldn't move, lift my arms, or even breath.

So, I had the female pain and back pain.  Praise be to God that my back was only thrown out for 3 days.  I had to laugh because I was praying that 2011 would be better for me pain-wise and I throw out my back New Year's day.  I still put my faith in our Lord and know He will overcome.

Thanks for sharing about the nightmares, Dan.  I still have those types too; and I'm always saying something to that effect or the Lord's prayer.  I feel this choking, crushing evil, and I can barely get the words out in the dream.  Then, the Lord gives me strength, and I start saying it louder and louder...then the evil leaves.

I'll share that with Nicole.  She'll like it

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6459

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 1/12/2011 1:46:58 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: The Munsters and the Adams Family were funny and made "light" of monsters and I think these shows were harmless. However, the new Twighlight series and the spinoffs are just creapy because they do (as you say) elevate these creatures' status above humans and cleanse their evil nature. I share your creaped out feeling on this one.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6464

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 1/12/2011 4:36:24 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Churchs deny the demonic and the world glorifies it. This is an unhealthy combination should the demons start showing themselves in power as they did in the pre-flood times. I work very hard to keep my focus on things above so as not to glorify that which is not of God. I worry for our youth these days where good is evil and evil is good!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6465

Date: 1/12/2011 6:16:33 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Wow, Mark; I completely forgot about the comedic TV shows of the past.  Those were cute shows.  You nailed it perfectly; they are glorifying them beyond the innocent comedy of old.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6466

Posted By: pete -
Date: 1/13/2011 12:57:30 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Great article Becky.

I remember reading a Chick tract way back when showing the Tribulation, showing monsters running around.  That really intrigued me way back when.

I think that all of these phenomenon's are just desensitizing the general public for what is coming.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6468

Posted By: LonnieMeade -
Date: 1/14/2011 11:16:35 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: yes monsters bad, people good. NOPE! I agree with you it is puzzling (the softening of fictional monsters in movies) Also consider how animal life is counted equal to or of greater value than human life, and that the most popular movie monsters now are just gory serial killer characters! that I have never and never will get
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6470

Posted By: MoniqueRansom -
Date: 1/14/2011 5:38:26 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you so much for this topic! I have dealt with this Edward and Bella love story with my own daughter. I was really reticent about letting her watch the movies etc. I was however, with gentleness and tact to talk to her about why this type of thing is potentially harmful. I found an excellent book that deals specifically with The Twilight Series which was a huge help. "Escaping the Vampire: Desperate For The Immortal Hero;" by Kimberly Powers is very insightful. The author shares that "at the center of every young woman's heart is a longing to be truly, madly and deeply loved." I was reminded of my own girlhood where I too longed to be the heroine in an epic love story. Kimberly teaches young girls that the real story has already been written, especially for them, by the true "immortal hero."
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6472

Date: 1/15/2011 10:56:37 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Thanks, Monique!  I'll definitely check that out!