Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, May 23, 2018   4:41:47 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

I Want My Cheese
Posted By: Danielle Patton
2/21/2011 9:46:07 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Jesus did not die so we couled have cheese
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6565

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 2/21/2011 12:01:13 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

In our little town, failure of police bond and tax measures has resulted in the local jail shutting down a large fraction of the prison cells. Thus, those that are arrested are being released because the jail is full. Last week, a mentally ill man who was off meds caused several public disturbances and was arrested. He was promptly released. He immediately went on a rampage 1) attacking the jail with a snow shovel breaking windows and key pads 2)setting a fire outside the juvenile detention facility (put out) 3) setting fire to the mental health facility (burned down) and was finally caught at the mental health care facility a couple miles away. We were lucky because no one was hurt.

People don't realize how quickly chaos could erupt if police, fire, social services, schools and city government were no longer funded.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6566

Posted By: Noreene -
Date: 2/21/2011 7:09:23 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Ed D!!  Another great article.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6567

Posted By: FrankButler -
Date: 2/21/2011 9:44:18 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Another great article.  I belong to a union and can see where all public employees need to give to make things work.  However, if I were to voice that at my department I would be an outcast immediately.  It seems like they all want everything and are not willing to bend with the fiscal reality that is upon us.

One big problem is when a mayor and the city council while being aware that times are tight still want to pay for large public expenditures like performing art centers and new stadiums.  If nothing else happens I hope the public turns against these various professional teams (baseball, basketball and football) and say no more free money for stadiums.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6568

Posted By: BetsyW -
Date: 2/21/2011 11:58:12 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Frank, you must be near central FL--officials there are spending huge dollars on projects like nothing is happening.  Personally, I don't see tourism increasing as most pay checks are squeezed by sky rocketing gas and food costs.  Can't figure it out!  Shrines to the ego maybe.   Thanks Ed for a great summary of where things stand and where we are going.  It isn't pretty, for sure.  Betsy

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6570

Posted By: RonKutz2010106 -
Date: 2/22/2011 10:56:03 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks ED, I live 25 min from Mad city. Was up there last Tues., the day the protest started and also on Sat. when 68000 were there. Now Al Jarreeze, communist party and the Rev.jesseeee Jack is there. It's a zoo.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6571

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 2/23/2011 12:33:09 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Ed, it's unsustainable. My father has been retired longer from the LAPD than he worked. My mom has had a California state fireman's pension for over 30 years also.My stepfather was a firefighter and she got his pension because his death was ruled work related. I'm glad my parents have great pensions but State or local governments just can not continue to pay for them.My wife is a school teacher but I know we will never see any of her pension, even if the Rapture does not happen. Here is a great site that you may know of by John Williams, he say's it like it is with some great graphs.

"The U.S. has no way of avoiding a financial Armageddon. Bankrupt sovereign states most commonly use the currency printing press as a solution to not having enough money to cover obligations. The alternative would be for the U.S. to renege on its existing debt and obligations, a solution for modern sovereign states rarely seen outside of governments overthrown in revolution, and a solution with no happier ending than simply printing the needed money. With the creation of massive amounts of new fiat dollars (not backed by gold or silver) will come the eventual destruction of the value of the U.S. dollar and related dollar-denominated paper assets."

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6578

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 2/26/2011 1:26:25 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks, Ed...so helpful, and leads us to keep "looking up". Shalom ~