Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, May 26, 2018   1:55:56 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 26

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Blueprint or Scramble? Earth at Crossroads Says Big Oil.
Posted By: BetsyW
3/1/2011 12:36:23 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks, Ed for a great, but grim briefing. At least we can have our eyes open as we go forward. What about all of our oil resources that are under land federalized for preservation. Doesn't seem smart to protect them if source availability is that grim.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6583

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 3/1/2011 9:45:46 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good question Betsy and this is part of the deception out there.  Here is proof by simple math. 

Worldwide our consumption is going up 2 million barrels per day.  Depletion is reducing supply by 4 million barrels per day.  So we need 6 million barrels per day just to say even. 

Let’s make some assumptions.  Lets say that we were to use all the oil in U.S. Federal lands to make up the 6 million barrels we need per day – just to stay even with this year.   Our Federal lands would provide us only 716 days of oil supply!   

The U.S. has 21 billion barrels left – about half of our known oil supply (49%) since 1970. 

If somehow we could be suddenly become energy independent in the U.S. we’d use up every drop of oil in America within a mere 95 days (we consume 20 million barrels of oil each day).   

The same economics apply to world numbers.  Oil is depleting and consumption is going up fast.

All the oil and all the alternative energy sources aren't enough to keep us from severe and dramatic life changes.  We seeing the effects now and we're going to be in real trouble between 2015 to 2020.   The kind of trouble I'm talking about is billions of starving people. 

I know this is harsh math, and many will say we'll just find new oil somewhere.  But the oil companies are proving this is not the case. 

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6584

Posted By: Noreene -
Date: 3/1/2011 10:12:50 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Scary for sure...it is fixing to hit us hard. So many of this generation think it is their right that things should always be good. Eye opener coming...thanks Ed D.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6585

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 3/1/2011 12:00:58 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Based on Bible prophecy and the choices of a Scramble or Blueprint world, I'll go out on a limb here and guess that we're headed toward the Scramble world
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6586

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 3/1/2011 12:17:20 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Using Oil found in Shale we would be self sufficient but gas has to be over 3.00 gallon to make it feesable, America and Canada have enough oil trapped in shale to last us 100 years, Its not as dire as it looks, remember folks, There are lots of Greedy men out there right now trying to Justify the fleecing there giving us. As this crises plays out 350 billion dollar Quarterly profits will be reported for the oil companies just wait and see. As for Shale we wont touch it until there is no choice because of the expense involved isn't really practical as long as liquid crude is so available......But this is part of what will drive us into the arms of a global Govt....Its not something we have to do, its something we will be led to believe we have to do. The perfect storm of Food Crises, Energy Crises, Unrest and rage, Are forming right now.  The bible made it very clear it was coming but to look out your window on the world and see it is pretty amazing, but dang scary!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6587

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 3/1/2011 9:25:39 PM

Comments: It is common to read that view about oil shale. I try to stay away from the speculation or conspiracy factor and look at what the economists are studying. The Shell report is an exercise in scenario planning our outcome probabilities. Unfortunately it's not that easy and there is, of course, many possible outcomes -- with fewer probable ones. Shell's views are the later. As with many things, there are two sides to the story. Oil shale and shale oil have a very disappointing past and an unlikely future. Virtually every country producing it has been proven unsuccessful and are winding down operations. Estonia, Australia, China and the list goes on since 1960. Every major oil company in the world has failed at it, and even Shell Oil, from which the background material for my Commentary was sourced doesn't even mention it as a way forward despite their best efforts. Oil shale is commonly referred to as "the fuel of the future and always will be". But that's not the point of my Commentary. We've little time before big changes and chaos will occur - maybe a year or two or three. We are seeing the signs of it now. It is real and it will affect us all. It will be upon us shortly and those on the planet in 2020 will be, according to Shell, in misery -- that is, unless a new world government comes along with the promise of saving the planet. What's the World Coming To?
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6588

Posted By: BetsyW -
Date: 3/1/2011 9:46:06 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The World is coming to a molding of society and governments to a position of readily accepting the AC.  Betsy

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6589

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 3/2/2011 10:12:46 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent article Ed.

I believe that it is all one of the clear indicators of the soon coming Tribulation...preceeded by the long-awaited and longed for Rapture of the Church!

Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6592

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/2/2011 12:16:13 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great points, Ed, I think what is amazing is that even if there is enough oil for another one thousand years, spiritual forces are keeping us from getting at them. I believe that crude oil comes from deep within the earth and can replace itself.  Our water aquifers in the US will also be empty by 2020; we are just using them up faster than they can be replaced by nature. We all know that fresh water is a renewable resource. If this world functioned in harmony under God’s original plan there would be plenty of both. But that is neither here nor there when it comes to the real picture of this world.  I remember one comment on one of Ed’s articles was that we would need enough oil to get us through the millennium.  I don’t think with Jesus ruling during that dispensation that will be a problem.  We may not even need oil then. While Jesus was on earth, even before He received His glorified body, He turned two little fish and five small barley loaves into enough to feed five thousand men. Not to mention the women and children that were there and had leftovers.  This is a spiritual battle we are in here on planet earth, and everything we see is all coming together in this very generation. The call is very soon. COME UP HERE!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6604

Posted By: LonnieMeade -
Date: 3/3/2011 9:50:06 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Based on these kinds of reports of the future of oil, and the fact that the real market thereof is in the hands of the Arab world, I was asking myself some time ago, "How much longer CAN the Lord tarry?" Later I felt that looking to these kinds of trends as signs was not right because there's no real mention exactly of an oil crisis in the Bible related to end-times events. Now of course with the other simultaneous events, and the possibility of Israel emerging as energy independent from within this setting of chaos, I can see no way the future of oil and the end times are not linked pretty closely together. and my money's actually on the Blueprint scenario, under AC, of course.
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 6617

Posted By: GeneAksland -
Date: 3/8/2011 10:36:05 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Ed, you have caught the powerful truth of where the world is "now" in time and space. The truth is oil production has peaked. There is still oil to be found but is dramatically more expensive to produce. The broken governmental,economic and political system in the USA operates at cross purposes unable to come to cocensus unable to prepare.
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 7597

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 1/29/2012 8:29:07 PM

Comments:

Just checking through Ed's archives to see some of the stuff the he had to say last year on the topic of oil, OPEC etc. especially now with the Keystone Pipline. I wonder how that all plays into it all. hmm?