Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, March 24, 2018   11:08:24 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
John  10 : 29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Sky is Falling
Posted By: LindaM
3/18/2011 2:34:11 PM

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
GREAT article, Kari! So uplifting to read sensible ways to think and live in these very trying times. Daily occurences remind us of Jesus' words about "the end" coming. Even though the disasters are more than heartbreaking, excitement of Jesus' imminent return encourages us, Halleluyah! Thank you for your contribution to sanity! Shalom!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6675

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 3/25/2011 10:53:49 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: While waiting for Jack's OL this morning I found this one by Kari. Great article! Thank you Kari. I rated it *****! Ellen
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6659

Posted By: Char -
Date: 3/21/2011 9:51:39 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

My sister the writer 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6657

Posted By: Thomas -
Date: 3/20/2011 8:59:34 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent article, especially the part about balancing trust and preparedness. Making myself rotate the stock will be the difficult part.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6656

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/20/2011 8:06:42 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: I agree, Kari, no matter how much or little we can put away for a future need, someone will use it, even if we get raptured before we need it. I loved all the links; I have some of those books and the Berkey water filter. I used to make salads out of weeds and wild watercress when I was a poor hippie. I also used to have a "grow room." But I prefer to do my vegetable growing outdoors. And, no, I DON'T farm "weed" any longer, that was long ago. But I like the idea of having a little "booze" saved away. Maybe I should plant some grape vines so I can make my own wine. Take the edge off, if things get really bad. But I know we just need to trust Jesus. He is our only True hope. Anyhow, I enjoyed your article, Kari.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6655

Posted By: HarryPaul -
Date: 3/20/2011 12:44:57 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Jack I agree with you completely, being prepared is not a lack of faith.

I found these items on Costco.com and was impressed with the 20 year shelf life.

They come in a 5 gallon plastic bucket with sealed multiple serving packets inside.

Y'all might want to check them out.

Food For Health™ Instant White Rice Emergency Food Supply 112 Servings, 20 Year Shelf Life
$49.99 Delivered

Food For Health™
Precooked Dehydrated Pinto Beans
Emergency Food Supply
64 Servings, 20 Year Self Life
$59.99Item # 472365

Food For Health™
Whey Milk
Emergency Food Supply
250 Total Servings, 20 Year Shelf Life
Item # 471975 $69.99

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6653

Posted By: Jack -
Date: 3/19/2011 10:09:45 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Preparing for an oncoming catastrophe is not a demonstration of faithlessness. It is the reason for the signs -- why give a warning if not to prepare

There is an old joke about a man who was caught in a flood.  The first boat to come by offered to take him to safety.

"No," the man said. "The Lord will provide." 

A little later, another boat came by.  By now, the flood waters are really starting to rise. Still, the man refused a second offer to be rescued by a passing boat. 

"The Lord will take care of me. Thanks." 

Later, as the waters were about to inundate him, a passing helicopter dropped a rope ladder.  "No, thanks," shouted the man.  "Rescue someone else. The Lord will take care of me." 

Of course, the man drowned.  Standing before the Lord, he said, "I trusted You!  How could you let me drown?"  

"Whatever are you talking about?" asked the Lord. "I sent you two boats and helicopter." 

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6652

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 3/19/2011 7:43:29 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Thanks ladies, I certainly appreciate the feedback.  BTW I found a strong backed man with a shovel. Yesterday he dug out 9 baby trees that were growing against the house and replanted for me...today we begin the greenhouse I am so excited!  In the end all he wants is FOOD!  Woohoo GOD IS GOOD...I'll take some pics and keep you posted!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6651

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 3/19/2011 1:21:41 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Forgot to say - five stars - its a home run! Paula
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6650

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 3/19/2011 1:19:38 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Dear Kari,

Very funny!!  Made me laugh!  I have been stocking up as I can on water, tuna, spam, and dog food and cat food (for the dog and cat only unless things get really tough and they have to share)!  I would get some heritage seeds but I would have to plant them in pots on my apartment patio!  I know it is serious, but you are right, day by day trusting God is best.

Thanks for the article - I really like it!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 6649

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 3/18/2011 4:27:20 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Interesting article, Kari.  I too, am kind of  in the middle of this mind set.  Like Joseph, the Lord gave word to plan for famine.  

Then too, John the Baptist, got by with eating locust and wild honey ( the locust, don't sound real appetizing )

When the diciples went out, they were told to take nothing, and they didn't starve.  So I guess, for Ron and I, it is a few items put aside; but faith, that even if those things, somehow are also taken away, that the Lord will watch over us. 

God bless, and thanks.

Love, Shelley