Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, March 18, 2018   12:00:50 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Revelation  21 : 6
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Corn and Spinach
Posted By: WarrenBowdoin
4/1/2011 11:57:45 AM

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Thanks Kari. Funny how a simple illustration can clarify so much. I'm so preoccupied with "what am i doing for God" that I'm forgetting to nurture those closest to me. This was a nice poke in the chest. God Bless!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6689

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 4/1/2011 7:56:59 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Very good Kari! You just planted all kinds of little seeds all through the story. I am inspired and maybe I will plant something in pots on my patio this year. Corn and spinach won't fit, but maybe tomatoes and peppers, right beside each other! I think I still have time! Keep writing stories!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6690

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 4/2/2011 10:32:05 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Hoping to have a good pic of a greenhouse soon to post   Paula look into planting peppers and tomatoes together.  In my reading they are both nightshade veggies and don't like to be in close proximity of one another due to cross pollination.

I should have also referred to my favorite book that Mike's Mom showed me early on in our marriage.  Back to Basics by Reader's Digest has so much "prairie type" advise about pretty much everything.  There is also a third addition I noticed at Amazon...what a difference color makes on the hand drawn grasses.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6691

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 4/2/2011 8:04:37 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Kari! What a refreshing article! As one who wishes she could garden like in younger/healthier days, I long to put in a garden this year. One of our sons might help me, but if we can only manage the pots on the (south-facing!) deck, so be it. I put in tomatoes last year, and it turned out to be the worst in history. But, as others I have talked with, I will try again, and add spinach, maybe ;) Your article was chock-filled with little gems ("seeds" as Paula noted;) to check out. Because of your "harmony" "seed" that I clicked on (I checked out quite a few, thank you!), I ordered the Companion Planting book. Realizing I am quite behind in the schedule of things, I still hope to gain valuable info/enjoyment from the new (since December, the bookseller tells me) volume. Thank you for the sweet encouragement, and great body of information. Grace and peace, Linda
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6704

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 4/7/2011 9:44:17 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Hi Kari!

Thanks for the links! I just ordered the back to basics book and am looking forward to reading it!  I wonder what cross-pollination would do to tomatoes and peppers!  It could be very interesting - and maybe tasty!

Since self-sufficiency has been on my mind, I recently ordered a DVD on how to cut hair - women, men, children.  It was on the American Family Association email.  I don't know why I did it because I don't have anyone who would LET me cut their hair - except my dog and cat!!  Ha Ha!  Anyway it is very well done and interesting and I think I could do it!  It might be a way to support myself if I can't sell my tomatoes and peppers (or whatever they turn into if I get them too close together!)

Linda - I hope you get your plants planted too!  Sounds like you like me have a patio to work with! Good luck!

Warren, you got the deeper meaning!  I am stuck on tomatoes!

Thanks again Kari - I hope you do get pictures of your greenhouse for us to see.  I love greenhouses!