Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, August 14, 2018   9:18:08 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 7
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 14

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

From the Inside Looking Out
Posted By: Noreene
5/16/2011 10:39:59 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
All I can say is WOW!! I always look forward to your articles. Thanks again, Ed D for telling us what is happening.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6802

Posted By: CathyS -
Date: 5/16/2011 4:26:18 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

What was the consensus?  Ms. Whitney's view or the government wonk's view?

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6803

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 5/16/2011 4:35:50 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I see it in my house as well.  We underbought our budget.  We had a hard cap of 180k but got a loan at 147.5k.  We've put ~ 25k into the house (we now own the windows and doors and outside walls.  and the dirt is ours too we paid cash for that nice yard we have...  in any case.  in our most recent tax form which included a recent assessment the combined value of the land and house was 92k with the land being a bit more than half of the value.  the structure is basically worthless in the county's eys.  we still owe about 130k meaning even though we were not buying something we couldn't afford we are still upside down.  amazing. 

a house on our back side just sold for 53k.  granted it needs a lot of tlc but in our neighborhood we are the exception.  most of the houses are around 60 years old and house the original owners with no upgrades.

it sounds like i'm complaining but i'm not, just stating facts.  praise God we are still being blessed but on paper...

it's getting bad though. with food going up, gas going up... etc... things are getting tight. 

and, praise God again, i'm not worried in the slightest.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6804

Posted By: Laura -
Date: 5/16/2011 4:50:59 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Warren - I so agree we bought our house before the bubble at a price we could afford and felt was a value for the house, put money down etc....and we are either at even or under water.  It is scary crazy.

Alot of people I know I planting vege gardens,shopping at farmers markets because the prices at the grocery store just keep climbing!

Just do our best and leave the rest up the the Lord

Laura/Fl

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6805

Date: 5/16/2011 7:28:22 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

we took down the pool last year and this is the second year for veggies in our back yard.  my wife was against it but she loved the corn and tomatoes... hehe.

i bought some baby chicks too.  they are currently in need of a proper coop which means i need to build it.  i should have enough odd lumber for that though.

one good thing.  the upgrades we did got an appraisel for 35k ... we didn't spend that much.  probably has something to do with the neighbors that don't have insulation or central air (we didn't do the air though).

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6806

Posted By: FrankButler -
Date: 5/16/2011 8:31:00 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for another great article.  I am, like many, upside down on my house due to the market.  Since I am not planning on moving for a long while it doesn't matter much but I have definitely noticed the increased cost of food. 

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6807

Posted By: BetsyW -
Date: 5/16/2011 10:37:44 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Ed for another great insight.  What's amazing is the level of disconnect and dysfunction in this administration.  What are they on?  It sounds like you all just go on and everything will be okay.  I hate to think it, but I believe that is the attitude with which our country is being run.  Just amazing.  Thanks for the glimpse inside.  Betsy

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 6808

Posted By: JanaFunkhouser -
Date: 5/16/2011 10:56:16 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

There is a unquestionable gap between those responsible for solving the problem and those with the will to actually face it. And this gap couldn’t have been more evident among the insiders looking out.

Thanks Ed for the summation of our economic situation. My husband and I have been in our first home now since 2004. At the time, we bought the house for $135,000.00 Today, the house is worth  $129,000.00. However, I am not complaining as we plan to remain in this home until the Rapture!

Sincerely,

Jana

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 6809

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 5/17/2011 4:35:56 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: So my government is insane. what else is new?
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 6810

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 5/17/2011 4:41:11 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Oh I'm in my house till the rapture too! My house still has worth though it loss some money.
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 6811

Date: 5/17/2011 1:58:32 PM

Comments:

Oh, yeah, we never bought it as an investment but rather as a place to live.  Not planning on selling it.  which is good as we'd lose our shirts. 

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 6813

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 5/18/2011 10:10:08 PM

Comments:

Thanks again, Ed, excellent first hand insights!!! I think these people know what is coming down, Bernanke and the likes. The bottom line is they're captives of Satan, they just need to KNOW Jesus. I just pray for them,what else can we do?