Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, August 15, 2018   10:42:02 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  22 : 13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 15

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Resource Curse
Posted By: Noreene
6/27/2011 10:11:15 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

I filled up every gas can I had and bought gas stabilizer for them. I know that it won't go far, but in the case of buying food or going to the doctor, at least there will be something to fall back on. I went to Dollar Tree this week for my monthly buying spree and some of the shelves were empty. I don't know if that is because of July 4th or if they can't get the stock. But, never have seen that before, ever. I could picture grocery shelves looking that way and it sent a shock down my spine. I don't worry about what I eat, but if my children and grandchildren are hungry, that is a different story altogether. Thanks Ed D for your insight.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6930

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 6/27/2011 12:39:57 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Truly, Ed, thank you for this contribution and education.

Jesus told the disciples it's either all about Him, or all about "the money" - my paraphrase. We know who sides up where, and you have helped greatly in pointing out "the money" side of things.

I wonder if "the money" guys have any idea what they are doing? especially with their eternal souls. It all just seems so crazy...

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6931

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 6/27/2011 1:20:32 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good article, Ed.  (Ken said too, that you wrote a good piece, and he's been an energy consultant for 40 years now.) 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6932

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 6/27/2011 1:58:20 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Well done
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6945

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 6/29/2011 12:53:06 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Ed, and you said it, they will be running out of things to bet on here real soon. Oil,gas,water,gold, silver and all other commodities. I can't see how much longer we will be here in lieu of it all.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6961

Posted By: RichardMann -
Date: 7/1/2011 3:42:46 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dead on. Our whole economy in the US is oil driven. That has proven itself over and over since the first oil shortage, embargo in 1973. Aw, the fond memories of waiting in line for a tank of gas. Thankfully, I drove a VW Beetle in those days, and could get a full tank.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6962

Posted By: FrankButler -
Date: 7/1/2011 8:42:54 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article.  Thanks for explaining things so well and all we can do is trust in Jesus to see us through.