Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   8:35:06 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  1 : 11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

This Was Your Life
Posted By: Noreene
7/5/2011 9:45:17 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
That was just a great article, Pete..sobering, too.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 6964

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 7/5/2011 11:36:28 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Pete, Interesting thoughts.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your thoughts on this part:

"Are we as the Church to be examples of God’s grace? Taking at face value, that might sound pleasant. But I believe that to be a very humbling statement, on the part of the reader. Considering, I know what all the bad, rotten things I’ve done in my life. Will my life be reviewed for believers of all ages, or for some future peoples that God can point back at and say…”Here is Pete, this is an example of my grace”. I can almost hear the crowds now saying in unison, “That is A LOT of grace!”

(Reviewed for believers of all ages) I am not sure if you are talking about eternity, here. But; if we are already in heaven, or some also in hell, who is going to review this, and why would they need to? We will be perfected with new bodies for eternity. I just can't understand why we would want to visit the past, with all the sin.

I think that those, from the Bible, are written about, to give us an example. That the good and the bad is shown, because they are human, just as we are. Reading about them, helps us, in this world, to not condemn ourselves.  Also to see how the Lord worked in their lives and His plan unfolding.

Just my thoughts.

God Bless, and thanks, Pete.
Shelley

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 6965

Posted By: pete -
Date: 7/5/2011 5:09:36 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Shelly,

This kinda falls into the 'holy speculation' territory.  I don't think we'll spend eternity reviewing each other's lives, like an old soap opera or something.  But when we go to be with the Lord, we in effect, step out of the boundaries of time.  

Wouldn't you want to go back and see creation as it happens?  Or Noah and the Ark?  David fighting Goliath?

My whole point was, if we are allowed to do that, why couldn't anyone go back and see your great moment of faith, or someone from the 5th century no one's ever heard of.  God could use my life as to the points where I could have did something, or all the places where He worked in my life and I didn't recognize it.

I don't think our lives are off limits to review, or anything. We will at that point, be looking at it from a much, different perspective.  Maybe how angels look at us today.

Something to consider at the very least.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 6966

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 7/5/2011 5:30:45 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Pete.

Who knows?  Anything is possible (holy speculation, right? )  I do agree that the whole "time" thing, is not what we know now.  If we aren't constrained by time, maybe we could look at the past; but the future, in eternity, what would that look like?

It sure can boggle one's mind.  I think I popped a vein in my head, there.

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 6967

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 7/5/2011 10:06:32 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great thought-provoking, Pete - anything's possible with the LORD, Amen?

Can someone explain to me what HE means in Isaiah 65:16c and v17?  Is The LORD speaking only to/of Israel here?

Thanks for the help

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 6968

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 7/6/2011 11:22:46 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Interesting one, Pete, I like to ponder on our future as Christians also. It is a good thing to think about, to some degree. Time is an interesting dimension that is difficult for us humans to grasp, knowing that God perceives it all as now. I think we will be examples and witnesses, even teachers’ during the Millennium, to those born during that time on earth. Maybe, even more during the Millennium, than we are here and now. I do believe we will remember everything here that happened in our lives for a time, good and bad. It is and always will be a testimony to our Lord and His all perfect love. The Millennium is that transition and healing period into all eternity. For us humans it started from the fall in the garden, then to our redemption paid in full at the Cross by Jesus' shed Blood. And our future, later beyond into eternity what awaits us. I think it will all become a very distant memory after the new heaven and earth. Who knows for sure but God, but we are going to find out, very soon!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 6972

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 7/7/2011 4:09:10 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen Dan and Shelley.

Excellent Pete and very interesting and thought provoking.I look forward to the Peace and Joy of Heaven...forever.

Anton.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7050

Posted By: sunaurora -
Date: 8/8/2011 11:31:56 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Already this is happening, from our testimonies. We share the times we see God moving mountains in our lives. The hard core truth is every breath is a blessing. We need to keep every thought captive and walk humbly as an example, taking care of the physical then the spiritual needs. God bless!