Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   8:35:47 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zechariah  14 : 12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

New Age Spiritual Candy
Posted By: Danman
10/21/2011 10:30:17 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Too much of this "faction" nonsense today. I'll stick with the one true Jesus of the Holy Bible & let no man deceive me.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7280

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 10/21/2011 11:14:28 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I was also into New Age for many years and one of the most awful experiences I had was after I finished reading a Carlos Casteneda book. All I could do was lie on my bed in the deepest despair. I felt completely drained of any energy and any hope whatsoever.  It was the most oppressive feeling I have ever had, like why would anyone or anything want to live at all.  It was horrible beyond description.  No spirits or visions - nothing but empty despair.  It was a few years after that that by a miracle of His Grace I came to know Jesus Christ and was delivered from that very dark world into His world of love and hope and meaning. I am so grateful!!! Then I understood the reason for my reaction to that book. That is great what you are doing with the bookmarks!  I heard the testimony of a guy who found Johanna Michaelson's book, The Beautiful Side of Evil, in the new age section of a bookstore and it resulted in he and his wife becoming Christians.  Pretty wonderful!!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7281

Posted By: Greg -
Date: 10/21/2011 12:13:30 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Alf! Awesome idea your wife had!

Paul Proctor did a fairly extensive expose' on christian bookstores and what is available through "reputable" sources. He slammed Lifeway good and they deserved it too. My stepdaughter just read The Shack and thinks she is getting closer to God.

We struggle with principalities and powers, and most people have no idea of the power they have. 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7283

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 10/22/2011 12:43:32 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Having first read Johnathan L. Seagull when my aunt gave it to me, it must have been when I was about 11, at the same time she got me into Transcendental Meditation. I later did, or should I say had the "Carlos Castaneda and Don Juan experiences" as a young teenager. I had left home and moved in with my 19 year old sister when I was 14, back in the early 70s. We rented a house out in the country on ten acres because we had horses. So to make the rent we rented out rooms and boarded horses. So we had some interesting roommates, it was the "hippie days". A lot of things taking place in America back then, and not necessarily for the better.  I guess, reflecting back on it all, I'm glad I went through all that at such a young age. Because now as a Christian I can spot the deceit of the so called New Age infiltration in the Church. We know it's really nothing "New" at all. I suppose, it's nothing that is uncommon in any other generation throughout mankind's history here on planet earth. It will be interesting during the Millennium reign talking with other Christians and Old Testament Saints about the similarity of our many generations. Great article Alf, keep sneaking in those bookmarks in those books. You never know who you may find on the other side you helped reach.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7285

Posted By: RichardMann -
Date: 10/22/2011 11:32:54 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Ah yes. I am up on some of those authors and books myself. None ever brought lasting peace of mind and soul. All that I was looking for in the occult, I found in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible. A lot of what I thought I wanted and needed, I now know that I don't. Jesus, the one of the Bible, filled the emptyness and took away the fear. Glory to God! My heart goes out to those who are still caught up in the lies. And the ones who are getting caught up in it.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7344

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 10/31/2011 5:57:05 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Job done with those book marks. I came across some great tracts as well so I'll keep the car stocked up for next time I visit.