Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, June 18, 2018   9:37:50 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Chronicles  7 : 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Happy Birthday Satan?
Posted By: pete
10/29/2011 10:42:41 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great Article. My wife and I just had to go through this with our 5 year old. My oldest daughter is a little perplexed, in that some girls in her class aren't allowed to trick or treat, or participate in any Halloween activities. So she asked mom why they couldn't, which caught my wife off guard. She just told her some families do and some don't. Then my wife asked me. I said, Halloween is no more pagan then Christmas or Easter (both of which come from pagan festivals), albeit, we celebrate for different reasons. I think I'll hand out Chick tracks along with candy this year.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7346

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 11/1/2011 10:20:34 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

well of course god has to have some really wonderful christians born on halloween - if for nothing else than for all the goblins comeing to the door to see how beautifully they shine with his light! glad you had a happy birthday!!

and that is a great article!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7345

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 11/1/2011 8:06:10 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for the birthday wishes!  Hey and thanks Bill, I was hoping I wasn't the only one!  I decided I would enjoy this birthday and wouldn't you know it?  I did.  One little girl I saw was dressed as Lucille Ball...brilliant Mommy she has.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7343

Posted By: BillHilchey -
Date: 10/31/2011 5:56:16 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Kari,
I, too, share the same birthday and was able to identify with a lot of things you said. When you talked about celebrating your birthday when you were younger, I well remember my younger brothers just wanting the celebration to end so they could get out the door for their trick or treating. Anyway, Happy Birthday from one antigoblin to another.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7336

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 10/31/2011 11:00:53 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Happy Birthday Kari!
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7335

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 10/30/2011 11:42:21 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Happy Birthday Kari! I love Jack's story about how he turned out all the lights in the house on Halloween after he became a Christian. Kinda funny that you were born on that "evil day."

"You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." 1 JOHN 4:4

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7333

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 10/30/2011 4:21:29 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Kari! and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you tomorrow!

I am so glad you shared about your birthday being on Halloween. You have learned great insights therein, and are a true blessing to us in the OL family!

I still remember the Halloween song our music teacher taught us in (public) grade school - it's about a "witch riding high in the sky". Interesting, huh?

"Tracks with candy that was the answer! So we did that, for a few years." I'm sure I thought something along the lines of these children's "young minds" also, sigh.

Now that our daughter and her 3 1/2 year old son are living with us, I have the Halloween thing going on in my home once again. (We even carved pumpkins for each of us...mine has "heart-shaped" eyes/nose/mouth...a "happy face" He is so cute dressed up in his Superman costume (we went through a few before this one was chosen. He's had others over his little life ;) Yesterday, she and some friends and their "little children" trick-or-treated in a neighborhood business area known for letting the kids gain their "treats" going from store to store. (Not to show off or anything, but as they were all doing this, I was attending the Women of Faith conference in Seattle Center's Key Arena - originally called The Coliseum, where the Supersonics played basketball there "once upon a time". I truly wish Em had been there with the other 5K women enjoying this event - WOW! HUGE blessing! Have you ever been to one?)

Anyway, I LOVE how you handled this subject, and all the Scripture you used, too! THANK you for sharing what you have learned about this "holiday", and that you "share" the day with God's gracing the world (especially His Kingdom!) with your entrance into this bold and bright experience called "life on planet Earth".

It's quite fitting that you "will have your cake and candy too", Kari - I love it! (is the cake chocolate? ;)

Rejoicing with you "in the day that the Lord has made", Kari, and again, wishing you the best birthday you've had so far! "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace to men of good will." Amen and Amen!!
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7330

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 10/29/2011 2:41:40 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

God Bless you Kari and have a fun Birthday.

Anton.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7329

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 10/29/2011 12:36:31 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Preach on Sister!!!  Oh My, how my head has been swimming ever since my baby sitter was forced to find a new church (docrtinal issues run rampant in the hispanic church in our area...) in any case, the new pastor forbid them to have anything to do with holloween.  blah blah blah my kids love that lady and they are going to be so sad when we don't go to her house for treats.  I was so mad, i was tempted to go and explain how Christmas' roots are very much pagan as well but ... what Good would that do.  They have volutarily taken that yolk upon themselves; that is good for them.  i won't chastise them but man, i sure to want to beat them over the head with my knowledge... lol  that sure is love.

I learned about holloween in the 90's and didn't much care since i had never celebrated it and hadn't put on a costume in over a decade.  trick or treating wasn't my cup-o-tea when i was 20 something.  my wife isn't a big celebrant either but when we had kids it seemed almost wrong not to allow them to put on fun costumes and beg for candy.  They love it and have a blast... and you should see the little old ladies with the huge smiles on their faces; imagine feeling like a blessing to those old folks.  too much good happens and i love that verse from Paul. 

you know it's funny we haven't changed at all in 2000 years.

thanks Kari