Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, May 24, 2018   5:57:50 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 17
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Why You Should Retire Early
Posted By: LorenzoGaray
1/17/2012 1:16:45 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Dear Ed,

Interesting analysis! Are you assuming that the people that would replace the early retirees would stop collecting unemployment checks to offset the additional payments that Social Security would have to make to the early retirees?
Lorenzo
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7556

Posted By: StuartCobb2010930 -
Date: 1/18/2012 7:05:31 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article ED! That would give me 7 years to go to reach 60 with Social Security. Thinking the rapture will be sooner though!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7558

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 1/18/2012 11:04:38 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I will have paid into SS well more than 200,000 before I get to the age of 60. Not included interest that in a private fund I would have accumulated over the past 40 plus years. In return they give me back, at best, 90% of it. How kind of them to take care of my retirement money for me. Glad my hope is in Jesus and not this worlds system. Thanks Ed, your articles are always encouraging,LOL. That reminds me, my self employed SS payment of 15% is due of my income, how kind of them to look after me. PS Every financial adviser I have talked to has said to start drawing from SS as soon as you hit the age of 62.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7569

Posted By: Ed D. -
Date: 1/18/2012 7:26:48 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Dan, you said, "How kind of them to take care of my retirement money for me.".

Unfortunately, they haven't taken care of anyone's money.  They spend it when you send it in and ask your kids to pay your benefit after you retire.

Ed

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7570

Posted By: FrankButler -
Date: 1/18/2012 8:47:21 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I would be concerned about Social Security if I hadn't made up my mind that it won't be there when I can collect in 18 years.  Of course, I think we will likely be raptured out of here before then anyway so it won't matter.

Thanks again for another excellent article.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7571

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 1/18/2012 8:48:30 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I know, Ed, it's the biggest Ponzi scheme set up since the Federal Reserve System. I have also paid into my employee's SS fund just as much as I have into my own, none of us will ever see a penny of it. We wash dogs for a living, my employees and myself. The dogs we wash have far more integrity than any of the rats that claim to run our country for our benefit. I suppose that is our earthly reward, that's fine with us because we would rather hang out with dogs than those rats any day! We have had enough, and we are mad, Peaches and Muffin are mad too! LOL

Peaches and Muffin are mad as hell

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7576

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 1/19/2012 10:03:15 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent article Ed, hopefully the "powers that be" will see the logic & benefits for America & implement this as I know people that it would help.