Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, June 17, 2018   10:01:33 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 7
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 17

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Street Preaching
Posted By: SharonWall
2/18/2012 11:33:40 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Isaiah 55:11 "So my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void."

Luke 15:7 "...joy shall be in heaven over one
sinner that repenteth."

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7661

Posted By: Greg -
Date: 2/18/2012 1:03:45 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

His Word does have the power to convict, lead to repentance, give faith and save! It was spoken to the Ninvites and they immediately repented. Do not underestimate His power. I mentioned on here before, I have noticed with ever increasing frequency He is making things happen like a flood. Way more than asked (prayed) for, or deserved. Just a pouring out way way above our expectation. ( His ways are higher than ours).  I feel time is short and He has an agenda that IS going to happen. His Word does not return to him void!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7663

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 2/18/2012 5:56:51 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Rebecca, glad you're back. Maybe these people preaching reached only one person. Since you are already saved you weren't the one and if any of these preachers were moved by the Holy Spirit I believe they got through to someone. I find it curious that none had a Bible. I don't do any street preaching and I always have one with me. I think the fact they were there at all is amazing as I have never even seen one in a forum like that.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7664

Posted By: Manny -
Date: 2/18/2012 5:57:37 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Very familar feelings
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7665

Posted By: joecrawford -
Date: 2/18/2012 6:54:46 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I CAME ACROSS SOMEONE PREACHING AT A STATE FAIR. HE WAS SHARING THE GOOD NEWS. NO CONDEMNATION, JUST A BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE OF WHAT CHRIST DID FOR US.I WAS ALSO IMPRESS BE CAUSE I KNEW THAT YOUNG MAN KNEW WHAT IT MEANT TO DIE TO SELF, TAKE UP THE CROSS AND FOLLOW HIM. THE LOST WILL NOT COME TO US(THE CHURCH)WE HAVE TO GO TO THEM

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7666

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 2/19/2012 10:31:33 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Welcome back Becky! America has become so over-saturated by the hypocrisy of so many so called "preachers" that they have become very hardened by it all. Although, that is no excuse for their rejection of God and the Gospel message. I think we are very close to being noneffective as Christians in this world and especially here in America. It's just one more sign that Jesus will be calling us home very soon.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7667

Posted By: J.A.F. -
Date: 2/19/2012 10:52:51 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praise God for these people out there. Everyone responds to the Gospel differently......I would be one to heed these type of preachers. I pray I would have the boldness of these individuals.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7670

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 2/19/2012 5:44:50 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree that there is a certain amount of prayer, dying to self, grounding in scripture and Holy Spirit leading to preaching. I have heard similar messages from different individuals and have found one to move me to tears while another leaves me cold. I have come back from a mission trip sponsored through a church in another state. Each morning there was a worship time singing praise songs that we have sung in our church and which have helped me to worship. However, I could not feel worshipful and moved. Later, on a ride back to our hotel, I overheard the worship leaders' conversation with a couple of Peace Corps workers that we gave a ride to. He told them that he thought the Bible was all myth and that he did not really believe in God!

I think that many factors could be hindering those preachers messages. There could be factors that are hindering the Holy Spirit in their lives. Or, sadly, they could be doing everything right but their warnings are just coals on the heads of those who have shunned God. This was a thoughtful story to make us reflect on how we can be ready - in season and out of season to preach the good news.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7676

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 2/20/2012 1:31:01 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good Article, Street Preachers, man what a tough job, 30 seconds to try and save a soul.

Dont underestimate the power of the Word,  Sometimes it gets in our heads and it just rattles around in there until we cant ignore it.

CG

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 7677

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 2/20/2012 3:57:46 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, everyone!  I really appreciate all of the feedback.  You have given me much encouragement.

Praise Jesus for His Holy Word!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 7682

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 2/21/2012 5:43:24 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Rebecca, nice report.
I think that because of mass media in the USA, almost everyone who is interested in God's Word can hear it on the radio or see it on TV.
We are in the last days and they are similar to Noah's day the closer we get to the end...He preached the whole time he worked on the ark and nobody came to the door before it was closed. I wonder if he got discouraged like you feel?
The last trumpet will sound soon, no more will we mourn for the "perishing" but we will be filled with the constant joy of the Lord.
Look up, MARANATHA!!

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 7683

Posted By: Shack -
Date: 2/22/2012 10:37:52 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This is spot on.

You have to ask yourself, “Who are you talking to? What is the message God wants me to give?”

Isn't this really what is needed in any situation. In praying for others, I need to remind myself... ask God, "What does this person need me to pray for?", instead of just rambling on in pray-ease....

That's what Jesus did with a 100% father-son uplink. He was led by the Spirit in everything he did, as should we be. If we could be .00001% plugged into the Holy Spirit as Jesus was, how much could we accomplish?

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 7688

Posted By: KimPointer -
Date: 2/22/2012 8:43:15 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Interesting... my first thought was what I heard about so many that were outside the Twin Towers asking people to repent just before 911 and many came to Christ.  I also thought about Noah and how he was ridiculed and ingored for asking people to repent.  The emergent church teaches that we don't want to tell anyone something that would turn them off, like their need to repent and need for salvation, so we should probably do the opposite of what they say.  Ray Comfort's ministry is about teaching our need for repentance and he stands on the street corner and is ridiculed all the time. 

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 7706

Posted By: GaryD -
Date: 2/25/2012 11:11:30 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I used to heckle these sorts back in my college days.  The only effect they had on me was to make me even more aware of how much I hated the whole Holier than Thou mentality I saw in the church in general.  I honestly don't see these people reaching many if any people BUT if they reach just ONE, God Bless them.

I no longer heckle them, I challenge them to preach of a Loving God rather than to constantly spout fire & brimstone.  I think everyone already has a pretty good idea they are sinners.  What they need to hear about is what they can do about it so they don't wind up paying for their sins for all Eternity.  I am constantly amazed by how many of these street preachers feel as though you are against them when you try to preach of a Loving God.  Many get so angry with you they stop preaching and walk away.

You asked how effective they are in your article, I don't have the answer.  I know how effective they were when it came to my Salvation though, none at all.  I learned of a God that Loved me so much He died for me from a friend finally.  Then I learned more about my God by reading the Bible myself than I ever will from listening to a Hell Fire & Brimstone God of Wrath and Persecution type preacher.