Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, June 21, 2018   2:56:28 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Peter  5 : 8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 21

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Israel: Why is She Here in the First Place?
Posted By: Anton
3/22/2012 12:49:40 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Thanks Jerry.Israel is a red flag to the world and all who do not love the Truth.After the Rapture God will turn his undivided attention on Israel.May that be soon. Israel is His chosen nation to reveal Himself to mankind .
Anton.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7970

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 4/17/2012 8:58:59 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Bobby,

Good to see your posts.  I am guessing on the articles you are looking for but......

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=7278  I am thinking it is this one and possibly this one http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=7270  They both rode on the "edge"

Hope that helps

Kari

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7969

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 4/17/2012 1:31:30 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Looking for the "controversial" briefing you mention to Dan above.  Is it yours or Jack's, and what is the title?  Looking for it.  

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7968

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 4/17/2012 1:18:41 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Our Brother, Hal Lindsey, will surely receive a special crown at the Bema Seat to lay at Jesus feet.  Do write an article on him please, JL!  Late Great Planet Earth totally influenced my Christian development, over forty years ago. I still watch his weekly broadcast. He deserves much praise!  You seem to be following in good footsteps, yourself.  Enjoying your writings.  Thanks and God bless your work!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7867

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 3/29/2012 8:46:59 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Dan, and I always like your comments. I think I will write a future column on Hal Lindsey and all the people who he has led to God. I have cotten emails from many!

The article coming out today is pretty controversial, though it shouldn't be. The comments should be interesting! Let me know what you think.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7859

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/28/2012 2:18:41 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

AN OATH THAT CAN NEVER BE BROKEN
As the custom dictated, Abram laid the sacrifice halves opposite each other, making a path in the middle for those making the covenant to walk. The parties would then hold hands and walk together between the sacrifices, taking an oath on the terms of the covenant. They would then swear an oath that the one that breaks the covenant is to be hewn in pieces as the sacrifices had been. We are talking serious covenant making here.
But in this case, a most unusual thing happened. Abraham was put into a deep sleep and shown a vision of God alone walking between the sacrifices and swearing an oath by Himself that He would give the land with its specific borders to Abraham and his descendents as an everlasting possession.
For God to give His Word in a promise is enough to make it unbreakable. But God swore an oath by Himself that He would fulfill this promise concerning the land. Thus by two immutable_things, His Word and His oath, it is made certain beyond all things._So let all who contest Israel's right to that land today beware.
From The Everlasting Hatred by Hal Lindsey

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7858

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/28/2012 1:57:19 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

“When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates— the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.” Gen. 15; 17-21
So, whatever happened to the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites?
I think that says it all, great article Jerry!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7840

Date: 3/26/2012 5:03:29 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Susan for your kind words. I am amazed that more churches don't teach their flocks about "the end" since it's so important. Believe me, as time goes on they will start talking about it!!

jerry

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7839

Posted By: SusanJacobs -
Date: 3/25/2012 10:17:20 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: We wish everyone we know would read this. My husband is 74 and we believe Jesus is coming in his lifetime. We are a part of a church that has about 1000 attenders and recently participated in a Sunday School class about the "rapture". It still amazes me that on some Sundays there were as few as seven people in that class. We have been members of Omega Letter since 2006 and are delighted that you have joined in encouraging the faithful. Your articles are inspiring and we are so moved by your sharing of truth. We have had 5 close friends, all champions of the faith that have "gone home" in the last 3 months. We look forward to joining them soon. Keep preaching God's Word.
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 7837

Date: 3/25/2012 9:45:50 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Martha... you are my loyal follower and am so glad you like what I write. It's amazing to me that the mainstream church doesn't teach prophecy and the endtime events... it's so important. I haven't figured out if they think it's "scary" or if it's about $$$. I tend to think it is the latter

Jerry

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 7833

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 3/24/2012 11:59:46 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

amen!! the few churches i went to never even discussed the jewishness of jesus let alone end time prophecies. i am amazed - when looking back to my own salvation how god puts a love for israel in your heart and a thirst for end time prophecy not to mention how his word just opens up to us.  i for the most part get really excited about end time prophecies since we are living in so close a timeframe to them that i expect the rapture in my lifetime. so much everyday is end time news but also sad because so many people just don't see it and there is a lot of "scoffing" going on. God bless you and i enjoy your articles.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 7827

Date: 3/22/2012 1:13:49 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree Anton, and thanks for commenting. When it gets down to it, it's really all about Israel. I see a lot of comments on facebook from those who believe that Islam is the "way" and hate Israel, and Jews in particular. Sometimes I will correspond and suggest they try reading Genesis and Exodus. They all say they have read the Bible, but it only takes a few sentences to see that they haven't.