Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, March 18, 2018   1:57:19 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
2 Peter  3 : 3
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Why Did Satan Rebel?
Posted By: pete
3/24/2012 10:58:11 AM

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Many people like that in my life. Wish it weren't so, but just keep praying for them. And sometimes, even that person who you would have never dreamed of getting saved, gets saved. Let it be said, that our prayers are never in vain, because we don't know the multi-fold effect they have rippling through the unseen universe as God moves people and events to affect the cause of our prayers.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7834

Posted By: Dave Labanow -
Date: 3/24/2012 12:00:57 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Made me think of this song by Petra....

This Means War lyrics
Words and music by Bob Hartman
Based on Romans 16:20, Isaiah 14:12-15

Son of the morning - highest of all
You had so much going till you took the fall
Had a place in the glory but you wanted it all
Impossible odds but you had the gall
It seemed so unlikely that you would rebel
Such a worthy opponent that you knew so well
But you went down fighting when you heard the bell
Took a third of all heaven when you went to hell

This means war - and the battle's still raging
War - and though both sides are waging
The Victor is sure and the victory secure
But till judgment we all must endure
This means war!

Then came the cross - you thought you had won
You thought you had conquered God's only Son
"So much for Jesus," you said in jest
Then you got a visit from an unwelcome guest

Now it's all over down to the wire
Counting the days to your own lake of fire
But you'll go down fighting for all that you're worth
To try to abolish His image on earth
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7835

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 3/24/2012 1:13:19 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

are you sure you are talking about your family and not mine? i really can relate to this .  great job rebecca - keep up the good work.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7836

Posted By: LindaHayden -
Date: 3/24/2012 2:46:22 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: It's very hard when you have loved ones who refuse to have any of their prefered notions challenged. In my case I've concluded that their belief systems allow for the sin that they enjoy so much. Until God shows them the damage that sin is doing both to themselves and others....well all I can do is pray and wait upon the Lord.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7838

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 3/25/2012 1:37:03 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article! There are people all over the Internet who think the same way, and even some churches today don't think that Satan exists. that's how slick he is.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7843

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 3/26/2012 12:38:28 PM

Unfortunately, Satan's job is easy. Anything that leads people away from "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." is a victory for Satan. Satan would rather be worshipped but in the end, he goes for lose-lose. If he can't be worshipped, then he doesn't want God to be either. Convincing people he doesn't exist, unfortunately, is one of the many tricks in his bag. Like everyone else here, I'm patiently awaiting the rapture (ok, sometimes not so patiently). Very nice observation, Rebecca, on why Satan rebelled.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7853

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/28/2012 12:37:49 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

My dad was raised Catholic and thought of becoming a priest also.  I don’t think he would have lasted long though.  He had a great career as an LAPD motorcycle sergeant. He was head of the LADP motorcycle drill team for 12 years back when they had funds for that type of thing.  I think our dads have similar attributes and personality traits.

Pete did a study on Satan in the member’s only section that was very thought provoking, check it out. Anyhow, I will just post here on what my two-cent’s of Satan’s “disorder” that I said over there. Great article Becky !

I think Satan is very much constrained by God’s earthly set of laws of this physical creation. Matter, time, space, but he obviously dwells in and has direct access to the spiritual dimension as well. I suppose he has the best of both worlds, for now. It is a lot to ponder upon for sure. I have wondered myself why Lucifer thought he could get away with rebelling against God. Or even why a third of the angels would follow him. I think Satan’s human captives of this world give us a little insight into Satan’s grandiose conspiracy or maybe even what makes him tick. I look at the megalomaniacs, the kings, the dictators, the hypocrisy of many religious leaders and people in positions of power throughout history. I see the extreme Narcissism these people have, most of them being men, and to the point that it is obsessive and becomes a disorder. The closest human disorder I have read about that resembles Satan is Megalomania and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I believe it is the epitome of strong delusion fallen man is under and the influence that Satan has over all mankind. As followers of Jesus we have been indwelt with the Holy Spirit, by default the rest of the world is automatically indwelt with the spirit of Satan. The strange thing is Satan is under the influence of his own disorder. He is really deceived by his own arrogance and under grandiose delusion for he chose to believe his own lies. Therefore just like humans in this world that chose to believe a lie, God gives them over to those lies. So I assume the same would be said about Satan. Satan’s choice I suppose was one of cognitive dissonance as he continues to remain in denial that his fate is sealed, he still thinks he can prevail and prove God unjust and unfair. But in the end, God, by his love for us, proves Satan wrong-- God is just and fair. Anyhow, Check out this eBook by Lewis Sperry Chafer, Satan. Also this guy had some good insights but I think he’s post-trib. That's ok, he’ll find out soon enough he’s wrong, LOL.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7871

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 3/29/2012 3:22:37 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dan,I think you just described our NPD-in-chief, the Big O!!!
Good job Becky!
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7875

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 3/30/2012 9:49:07 AM

Thanks, everyone!  I love hearing your feedback.

Dan, thanks for all those links.  I promise I'll check them out this weekend

God Bless, and have a fantastic weekend!!!