Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, September 19, 2018   11:10:29 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  4 : 3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

I Used to Be a Fetus
Posted By: BeckyD
3/29/2012 12:45:33 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Wonderful article. It's a shame that people can't agree on when life begins. That is their main "argument" as to why nothing can be done about that law.

I used to think that there was no way I'd have an abortion, but I couldn't "choose" for someone else.

Until I became pregnant, I held on to that belief.  After carrying Nicole (who is now 8 going on 9), I get sick thinking of people killing an unborn child.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7869

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 3/29/2012 1:48:09 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Becky... I appreciate your comment. I held my breath, brcause I know how controversial this is. I used to think differently 40 years ago, but logic finally set in. When the apostles asked Jesus about whether the blind man was blind because his parents sinned or did he sin in the womb... how could one sin in the womb it one wasn't a person?

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7870

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 3/29/2012 2:05:41 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks Jerry.Since the ANC Government was given South Africa, abortion is legal.So much for a "rainbow" nation.
Anton.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7872

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 3/29/2012 3:46:53 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for a man's point of view about abortion, Jerry.  I especially liked what you said about trying to "make a baby without a sperm".  You don't see/hear comments like yours very often...I'm trying to think back to when I have.

Abortion is a very touchy subject because of "women's rights" to decide what happens to their (own) bodies.  Very true, except for when it comes to someone else's rights - the developing child's within her, and of course the man's who impregnated her.  Since this is a very fallen world, we can't expect "the world" to follow God's commandments (how many of us, His people are having trouble doing same??)  So, we have the horrors of abortion, infanticide, etc.

God have mercy on us as we endeavor to learn/obey His ways, in Jesus' Name, Amen!

Shalom!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7873

Date: 3/29/2012 4:12:50 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Anton... I am afraid it's all part of the "plan," and not much can be done except wait for the second coming, which is sooner rather than later, I think!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7874

Date: 3/29/2012 4:14:27 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

And Shalome to you too..

I used to think much differently 40 years ago. I was a very wild and crazy child until I reached about 31. Then i read the Bible, cover to cover, thanks to Hal lindsey.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7879

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 3/31/2012 12:15:40 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Unquestionably the demonic roots of abortion are tapping directly into the pit of hell. I have a friend who was raised Catholic and is now a born again Christian. He can’t understand how his Catholic relatives can possible be “true” Christians because they are Democrats and vote for Democrats. He uses their stance on abortion issues as proof they are not Christians. I would tend to agree, but as you say Jerry, they can be deceived into thinking a fetus at the point of conception is not a human being.

I was telling my friend that abortion today is really no different than sacrificing babies upon the altar of Baal. He said, “Come on Dan, women having an abortion today is not the same as sacrificing their babies to Baal.” He is very opinionated so I did NOT press my view that this is indeed just what they are doing, albeit not consciously. The sacrifice of babies then was to gain prosperity from the god Baal. The sacrifice of babies in the womb today is because of the financial burden and inconvenience that child will bring. I see it as no different today as it was then.

It will also be no different during the great tribulation that taking the “Mark of the Beast” will be directly relating to the worship of Satan, those that take that mark will also be deceived.

Abortion in the world today is another reason God’s judgment is coming soon to planet earth. Baal’s days are numbered and his time as prince of this world is all most up.

PS What an appalling thing for your aunt to say to you Jerry. I’m glad you weren’t murdered in the womb too. There are few men who feel they do have the right to speak out against abortion. Just because it’s not a mans body that actually carries a baby therefore they say it’s not his “choice.”

Being born in 1958 I’m sure glad Thalidomide was not widely used here in the US. All I can say is we are very blessed to be born healthy and whole, in a world where a woman’s right to choose makes the babies mothers womb a very dangerous place.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7886

Posted By: SusanJacobs -
Date: 3/31/2012 9:35:56 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: I have really appreciated your articles and was pleased to see you "risk" bringing up the abortion issue. As one who has volunteered in crisis pregnancy centers for many years I was somewhat surprised at your gentle treatment and inclusion of a link to Planned Parenthood which is one of the most deceptive organizations in America. I would highly recommend a book titled "Unplanned" by Abby Johnson who is herself a former director of a large Planned Parenthood office in Texas. This book gives quite a different view of Planned Parenthood's real objectives and the immense harm that is done to women through this organization. It is a real eye opener. I want to encourage you to keep standing up for truth.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7887

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 4/1/2012 3:43:45 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

it is a shame - when i grew up they pretty much had you convinced that an abortion was ok because it was just tissue and not a baby. i believed it was ok too - untill years later someone said to me - you were just tissue too. i really did not think about it being wrong untill i was was saved. then it seemed like all kinds of the opposite info came my way- the truth about abortion. thanks for this article!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 7893

Date: 4/2/2012 8:40:58 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You are welcome Martha.. We are still told the same thing today. Some states are trying to pass laws that would require the mother to view an ultrasound; but the resistance is great. Not sure why they don't want the mother to see that the fetus is actually a little-bitty baby. The devil at work is my opinion.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 7894

Date: 4/2/2012 8:47:04 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for your comments Susan.. I did think long and hard before submitting this article, well aware of the powder keg controversy it might bring. It hasn't happened though. I also wanted to explain the PP comment. I know that Planned Parenthood performs 300,000+ abortions each year, according to those who monitor. A few months ago, my oldest daughter.. unemployed at the time with no insurance, became very ill (not pregnant). After an ER visit, she was directed to a PP clinic.

She told me later that it was the best and most polite treatment she had ever received, it was very clean and no one "looked down" on her. That made me realize, that even the darkest cloud sometimes has a silver lining. I do think there should be only private funding for these organizations, but I think that about a lot of organizations that we are forced to fund.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 7895

Date: 4/2/2012 8:52:21 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Me too, Dan; but had abortion been legal in 1947, I doubt my mom would've made that "choice." Most people really did believe in God back then and would have been fearful of such behavior. My aunt really meant no harm, and we were having a frank talk. I was about 50 at the time, but she knew first hand of some of my experiences and was very hurt by it.

Thalidomide was a big news event that I remember well. My brother was born in 1958, but fortunately for the U.S. it was mostly a British event. When I see videos of these victims, now adults, and how happy they appear to be, it is very thought provoking. I know that God is very proud of the mom's who showed love and dignity to these children.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 7897

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/2/2012 1:09:38 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I was perfectly fine with Abortion I even championed it on occasion to those who opposed it. Then I was saved,  it then, In the blink of an eye,  became un-questionably wrong.

CG

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 7899

Date: 4/2/2012 3:19:05 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Me too Charles.. it's funny how it seems to work that way. I changed my opinions about a lot of things in 1979, and Hal Lindsey played a major role. Thank you for commenting.

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 7900

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 4/2/2012 4:22:58 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

amen charles .  he not only changes our minds in the blink of an eye when we are saved - he also forgives. there are many women who thought it was ok to have an abortion and then became christians . it can be a heavy burden untill they realize god forgives them.