Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, March 20, 2018   9:42:57 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
John  3 : 16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger
3/31/2012 12:25:58 PM

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Another good commentary, Becky.

I always enjoy your articles (even when I don't comment). They usually have alot of life application, which I find helpful and refreshing.
Keep up the good work.

Love and God Bless,

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7880

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 3/31/2012 1:51:34 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: "Audiences obviously love it or else there would be no demand for these shows to be on."

And therein lies the problem. You're absolutely correct when you write that this conduct has not only become the norm, but is applauded.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7883

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 3/31/2012 6:33:27 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Wonderful reflection. I have been seeing a lot of the haughty attitude lately and it saddens me. In my job and in other places (like the treatment of waitresses) I don't see avoiding communication but an aggressive belittling of people especially of those the individual perceives as below them in status. When I do see people ignoring others is when they are on the cell phone talking or texting. They'll hold up a grocery line for five minutes because they won't stop to finish the transaction.

The world is truly going bad and its not just on TV.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7884

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 3/31/2012 7:07:23 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Rebecca, I too, living in the Midwest have noticed the increase of evil the past few years. By listening to the Holy Spirit indwelling me I seem to be guided to act in a way pleasing to the Lord. All we Christians can do is be the example of how we should treat each other. In my case it seems very effective. Maranatha!
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7885

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 3/31/2012 7:08:52 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Good observation and assessment Rebecca, well stated.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7891

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 4/2/2012 1:15:38 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: I long for the Kings coming.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7896

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/2/2012 12:44:13 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Mean is the new Good, Its going to get worse. The world is changing, Its definitely changing for the worse, I was traveling through rural Texas this weekend and passed a small church and there sign said "Something Wicked this way comes, .Are you Ready?"

Very true, and Yes I am, 

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7898

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 4/2/2012 3:07:22 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Very good commentary Becky (as always). 
We get great joy out of tipping the young ladies that serve my wife and me when we eat out. They earn every dime they make and some times they get no tips at all.
We decided long ago to tip them $10.00 minimum, even for the smallest order, then when they are delighted, tell them to say "THANK YOU JESUS" and not to thank us. Great witnessing tool!
All the Glory to God!
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7908

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 4/4/2012 11:50:44 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Those of this world will wax worse and worse, becoming completely self absorbed and oblivious of others.  I see it increasing with everyday that passes. I just try to be respectful, polite, and generous with anyone I may come in contact with. Although I know I fall way short so many times. As a Christian, we never know who we my influence, or who we may see in heaven. Or, we may even be momentarily entertaining angels. Great article Becky!  

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

Angels also watch us. Now that's a strange thought. Surprised