Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, February 25, 2018   8:29:05 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  4 : 3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Watchman and the Wall
Posted By: Greg S/CG
4/10/2012 1:35:55 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
So very true Pete! a very good article.
CG
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7927

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 4/10/2012 2:27:21 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen and Amen Pete.

Anton.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7928

Posted By: JosephTapia -
Date: 4/10/2012 8:11:56 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article. Thank you for sharing it.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7929

Posted By: DanielSutton -
Date: 4/10/2012 9:35:57 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article Pete ! I feel and know your frustration when in talking within the Christian community concerning the end times. Makes you want to pull your hair out!
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7930

Posted By: StuartCobb2010930 -
Date: 4/10/2012 10:52:53 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Bible prophecy being called "divisive" is really saying it is a hinderance to growing a local church body.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7931

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 4/11/2012 9:59:56 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: I guess this will tick off some preachers but the truth is told. Probably those preachers don't read Omega Letter. I've asked many friends, "When was youir preacher's last sermon on prophecy, or the last days. The answer was consistent: Never. I keep telling them the story has a happy ending. Great article!!
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7932

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 4/11/2012 12:14:24 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Awesome article, Pete.

My pastor shys away from prophecy too.  He says it frightens too many people.  His approach, along with other pastors, is to say Revelation and prophesy is not linear.  He still takes the Bible literally, he just thinks prophesy can't be understood completely.

It's funny, he often mentions how Jesus could come at any time; but doesn't really buy into the 7-year Tribulation or Rapture.

Another frustrating thing you mentioned about Churches as of late is their "man-focused" mission.  I'm grateful my Church largely focuses on centering on Christ; but I work in a Christian building where I don't see any newsletters or materials being Christ-centered.  It all talks about people's efforts.  It hardly ever quotes Bible verses; and the ones that they quote often reference "works."

Again, great job!

Your Sister in Christ,

Becky

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7940

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 4/11/2012 4:58:42 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Interesting too are the "preppers" most of whom know something is coming but don't believe in or want to hear about, Jesus.  maybe as things ramp up they'll be more willing to listen.

i remember early in my walk i was reading through Isaiah and God had told him to shave his head and put on sack cloth and ashes as if in mourning.  so i was reading that and i got the impression i was supposed to shave my head.  now, this was in the Air Force and not two weeks prior to this the base Commander said "no shaved heads" since it was a popular skin head thing at the time and he saw it as gang related.  i had a dilemma on my hands.  so, i figured i'd take it to some of my more "mature" brothers at church.  i got that same look.  like i was crazy...  it was disheartening. 

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7949

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 4/13/2012 10:10:04 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

great article and so true. the one church i went to in my youth didn't even mention jesus was jewish, or a thing about end time prophecies. the remnant god has to work with gets smaller every day.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 7962

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 4/15/2012 1:32:42 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Very true Pete. One of the teaching pastors at the church I attended really likes Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle Washington. When he first mentioned his name a few years back I was stunned because in my personally research regarding the Emergent Church Mark Driscoll was a major player. I went home and found that Driscoll had parted ways with the Emergent Church. Which is great, I praise God for that.

I was listening a few months back to a sermon Driscoll was giving and he was talking about end-times teaching and that he would not divide over it. But then later in the teaching he brought up the Jesus Movement during the seventies and said what a great thing it was.  He did not actually mention Calvary Chapels, Chuck Smith or any of the many other pastors that got saved here in Southern California during that era. But I knew that is who he was talking bout.

But then Driscoll had to go on and say what a great disservice they did to the work of Christ for preaching that Jesus was coming soon for the true Church, the Rapture. Go figure, he says he will not dived over end-time teaching but then he has to say something critical that does cause division in the Church. Driscoll believes the Church will go through the Great Tribulation. I guess he believes that must be a long ways off because if he thought it was coming soon he would be warning fellow believers to be prepared.

I guess we can agree to disagree on prophecy but all you have to do is just look at what is going on in the world today and see things are coming down, and fast.  And from God’s perspective 1970 was not long ago. In fact many of us are still here and saying it now more than ever. Meaning that this “generation” is still alive and well here on planet earth.

Anyhow Pete, great article! Sorry, I guess you got me on my soapbox, LOL.

PS much of Driscoll’s theology I totally agree with, but if I lived in Seattle I don’t think I would attend his church. But then again, the church I do go to is like the “sister” church of Mars Hill.