Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Friday, September 21, 2018   11:30:28 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 7
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 21

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Blood Brothers
Posted By: Kerry
4/18/2012 11:43:36 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

As a male, I can honestly say that day eight seems more preferable to me than at 13. But then again, maybe that's just me

I do remember hearing that blood clotting peaks on a baby on the eighth day.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 7982

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 4/18/2012 12:25:43 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

interesting too that many now are dead set against circumcision.

our kids physician is like "well you know we don't need to circumcise any more".

my wife's gynecologist is a christian, Oliver was circumcised... we could hear his anger throughout the clinic...  mostly because she had him clamped to the table.  hmm maybe thats why he seems like such a fighter.

in any case, thanks Wendy.  when so many people discount the bible as rubbish, it is wonderful to see it still stands up to scrutiny.

God Bless!!!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 7983

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 4/18/2012 2:05:58 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: i always learn something new with your articles - i never knew arabs circumcised their sons - i always thought it was just a jewish tradition. thanks for another great article.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 7984

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/18/2012 2:43:28 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Wendy you did it again, Great paper.

Circumsised at 13,  That explains a lot when you think about the temperament of the  middle eastern male Muslim.

CG

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 7985

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 4/18/2012 9:29:44 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

LOL at the comments from us males, as I was thinking the same things. Check out Hal Lindsey’s eBook from WND. Well worth reading. The Everlasting Hatred. Great article Wendy! But.... OUCH!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 7987

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 4/19/2012 9:14:11 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Wendy, about 2 years ago I read an OL article that said at 8 days old a boys potassium count (necessary for clotting) is the highest. natural level of his life, and has been corroborated scientifically. Science continues to prove what the wisdom of God's word has told us for more than 3 millennia. Maranatha!
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 7988

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/19/2012 10:51:53 AM

Comments:

Thanks all- just thought I would share this which is one of the entries in the apologetics page-a-day calendar that I put together. (My background is medical research): 

For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner Genesis 17:12    This command, given by God to Abraham about 4000 years ago, has  amazingly modern medical principles behind it. The covenant of circumcision involved a shedding of blood, which would be fatal without an ability to clot blood—a process that involves primarily Vitamin K and prothrombin.  Lacking the vitamin K levels necessary for clotting, newborns have a tendency to hemorrhage until about the sixth day of life.   Prothrombin levels, however, peak on day eight (at about 110% of normal levels) but then rapidly decline. Bottom line? The eighth day of life is the single safest day for circumcision ( after vitamin K levels reach their max, but before prothrombin declines) – a commandment issued thousands of years before humans ostensibly ever knew about prothrombinor Vitamin K!

God is amazing!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 7989

Date: 4/19/2012 10:52:55 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

too funny Charles. I never thought about it like that.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 7990

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 4/19/2012 12:00:35 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, nice work, how awesome is God!
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 7994

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 4/19/2012 8:53:07 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

i didn't mention that he was cirmcumcized at 5 days though.

she said that 5 days old was perfectly safe now.  any thoughts on that?

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 7995

Date: 4/19/2012 10:03:20 PM

Comments:

I would assume because now they are all done sterilely with surgical skill and  with full medical assistance standing by. Lots of medicine is ruled by convenience and cost/risk ratios now, unfortunately.   I had huge problems with both my kids because I was given an Rh+ blood transfusion right before I got married when I am Rh-. We ended up being in court over it and I had sophisticated blood testing which discovered that I had been given Rh+ blood with a very rare marker, and since the marker is rare it is not cost effective to test for it. (So blood labeled negative has not been tested for all of the possible postive markers) It is purely a money issue and they don't think it's worth testing everybody for the 1/ 10,000 that will have the rare marker. But if you are that one its a bitter pill to swallow!   Both my girls are healthy teenagers now, but the pregnancies and deliveries were very rough!