Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, June 19, 2018   4:03:27 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

A Desolate Waste-Land
Posted By: Anton
5/18/2012 10:08:25 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Very insightful teaching of something I luckily never had to deal with.Thanks Alf and God bless.
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8138

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 5/18/2012 1:46:53 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

After 17 years in the New Age, having read 100s of books and having gone to endless seminars and meetings and having endless conversations with like-minded friends looking desparately for something to believe in that would help me, when I started reading the Bible, I was so wonderfully shocked!  What I was reading actually meant something real and important and very wonderful!  I knew there was hope for me in those pages and words. I didn't understand all that was being said, but I was thrilled and couldn't get enough.  And as I thought back on all those books I had read, and things I had done like numerology, tarot cards, etc., it all seemed like worthless cardboard and trash, which is exactly what it was.  You are right, the New Age is a wasteland, a dangerous, desolate wasteland.  Great article!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8139

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 5/18/2012 2:18:27 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: "I avoided reading it because I knew what was there", I hear ya there!! I too realized God was in that Book, But for me I just didnt want to deal with it.
Im glad I finally did.

CG
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8142

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 5/18/2012 3:36:43 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

i read some of that stuff too way back in the 60's - and 70's before becoming a christian - looking back i can say new age is based  on an old lie -  the original lie - eat this and be as god.  it is good to shine the light on the lies it teaches because it is so subtle to most who get into it. they are thinking they will become a better person and more loving and meditate themselves into the astral plane where the masters will teach them - what a load .. . . or as you so rightly put it - a desolate wasteland . great article alf - should put it on some of those new age sites.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8149

Posted By: DeborahForster -
Date: 5/21/2012 3:13:48 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Satan is ultimately at the foundation of NA since all of its' teachings are occultic.  When satan and his minions have control of a person through these occult teachings it's very hard for the people trapped in them to get out.  Praise the LORD that all of you are out of that evil system.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8155

Posted By: RichardMann -
Date: 5/22/2012 8:02:09 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Can totally relate. Spent many years searching myself, and the New Age never fit the bill. Some gratification for awhile, but the emptiness always came back. Jesus, the one of the Bible, is where I found what I was looking for.