Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, September 23, 2018   2:34:52 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Flesh Eating Disease
Posted By: Anton
5/24/2012 11:53:25 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks Jerry.South Africa has the most AIDS cases in sub-Saharan Africa yet Malaria which is also becoming drug resistant kills even more than AIDS.
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8163

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 5/24/2012 1:00:05 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It's all a bit scary I think...

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8164

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 5/24/2012 2:25:51 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Terrible Disease, Robb.  Chuck Missler had an article on this, in this weeks ENews update, as well.  I think that it is wonderful that people are banning together to help Aimee, though this has to be one of the hardest things, that someone has to go through. I can't even imagine!

All these diseases and sickness', that are out there, can certainly scare people. 

This was written at the end of Chuck Missler's article, and I thought it was good, because we may hear about more of these things.

"Ultimately, this is a dangerous world, and bad things happen to all of us. Yet, we serve a faithful God who loves us and protects those who trust in Him. As Paul told Timothy in 2 Tim 1:7 "…God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Nothing is going to hurt us outside His control. Rather than living in fear, we should grasp the words of David in Psalm 91 and hold them to our hearts, saying with him:

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust…" (Psalm 91:1-4). "

Thanks for all the work and research on your commentaries.  You do a great job!

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8165

Date: 5/24/2012 4:01:41 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yes Shelley, it is getting scary out here. And I also cannot imagine the agony tht Aimee and her family are going through. They all seem to have such a great attitude. It is heart-breaking!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8166

Posted By: BetsyW -
Date: 5/25/2012 12:57:57 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good article Robb.  There are others that you can add too.  Food born outbreaks have greatly increased beginning in the 1980s--about the time HIV was found in California.  Some common pathogens are developing increasing tolerance of hostile environments that would previously have destroyed them--like Salmonella surviving in orange juice.  Our not so friendly organisms are adapting to their environments and mutating to survive--just look at all of the pathogenic E. coli that have emerged.  It is amazing to study.

What is also amazing is that there are four cases in Georgia alone--a few PhD dissertations there for graduate students to find out why? 

In 2009, Baxter "accidently" manufactured flu vaccine contaminated with live bird flu virus in it and shipped it to Germany and the Chech Republic.  A lab technician discovered the error when he decided to do a QA check on the vaccine and innoculated ferrets with the vaccine.  All died, as did the story--very quickly.  If not caught, it would have caused a pandemic. 

There are also emerging secondary illnesses associated with common diseases.  About two years ago my community (unbeknownst to me) had an epidemic of Fifth's Disease, a type of measles among the kids.  Very mild and you may never know you had it, until you develop a complication--like poly myalgia rheumatica which is one of its secondary gifts to seniors--me included. 

The best advice is to eat right and live healthy.  God has all of this and us in His hand and I'm thankful I don't have to worry--just find it interesting to watch.  PTL

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8167

Date: 5/25/2012 9:22:26 AM

Comments:

Thanks for commenting. I have never heard of that type of measles, but new things are popping up all over, as predicted. The necrotizing fasciitis is getting a lot of attnetion here, with all the cases this past month. Aimee has now lost a leg, foot and both hands, but she has a fantastic attitude. I'm not sure i could keep a good attitude if this happened to me or to my kid. Very alarming.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 8179

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 5/30/2012 9:41:44 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

there are so many awful diseases out there and so many antibiotic resistence. so many new ones emerging - and you are right betsy - the secondary complications are there too.

anton - i had read about malaria resistance but did not know it kills more than aids does.

when one of our grandsons was born premature in england they had MRSA in the nursery - thankfully he did not get it and just celebrated his 7th birthday here in america,

god does hold us all in his hands and i am praying he comes quickly.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 8191

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 5/30/2012 1:08:11 PM

Comments:

I see more and more people I know going into the hospital for surgery and coming out with some kind of super Staph infection.  These Staph infections have become immune to antibiotics and have to be treated by an Infectious Disease doctor. They treat them with powerful antibiotics that intern make them even more resilient. 

I have a client that is an ER nurse; she got some kind of bone infection and almost died. She asked the ID doctor treating her how she got it, he replied, “It’s where you work Susan.”  I fear hospitals for that very reason. 

I was just reading Zechariah and when I read this verse in chapter 14; 12

“And the Lord will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.” Zachariah 14; 12

I just happened to be reading it from The Living Bible.  I always thought that this verse was caused by a nuclear bomb, which incinerated them and melted their eyes and tongue from their heads. 

This particular translation made me think of walking Zombies with a flesh-eating bacteria. It also brought to my mind Revelation 9; 6  

“In those days people will seek death but will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them!” Revelation 9; 6 

Anyhow Jerry, this is all very creepy gruesome stuff to say the least. But all too true of what’s to come. Maybe your books will open a few eyes to turn to Jesus. I will pray for just that.

PS I just read the comments, I guess we all see that the plagues are starting and getting very bad. I know we are not in the Great Tribulation but it seems to be getting close. Jesus come soon!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 8195

Date: 5/30/2012 4:10:29 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Martha... MRSA is a really bad one too. And it's everywhere!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 8196

Date: 5/30/2012 4:13:43 PM

Comments:

Thanks Dan and I hope my writing will help unbelievers. Those are who I'm worried about. And I agree with you about the Zecharia quote. I do think that will be a result of nuclear warfare.