Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   10:34:58 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 17
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Cannibals, Zombies and Televisions
Posted By: Danman
6/7/2012 10:58:46 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Dear J.L., To be sure TV has a big part in these attacks and drugs and demons also. What is another possibility though that I haven't heard yet is even scarier to me. What about drugs or sound weapons that are being tested on an unsuspecting population? It's been done before. Actually, once the reports of the flesh eating diseases kept popping up along with the cannibal attacks (I read about 2 more last night) the possibility of it being a sick experiment was my first thought. With everything that's been going on in our country in the last few years can you honestly say it's NOT a possibility? Keep the people afraid & distracted from the other "agendas". I hope i'm wrong.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8232

Posted By: DeborahForster -
Date: 6/7/2012 11:30:17 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Just when you think you've heard & seen it all something more gruesome comes along. This has got to be the most shocking & terrible thing that man can do. This is what satan wants to do to all of us & still people reject the Lord Jesus. This makes me sick at heart to hear this evil is going on. Please come soon for us Jesus!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8233

Posted By: pete -
Date: 6/7/2012 12:57:12 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

JL,

The entertainment industry has long claimed no responsibility (all the while reaping the financial benefits) for polluting the hearts and minds of this generation.

I've toyed with this idea for awhile, never really coming to any finality on putting my thoughts to paper, so I'm glad God was able to use you to put to words more eloquently than I ever could.

I remember reading a Chick Tract long ago, and it was about their being monsters in the last days...and it showed vampires and werewolfs, etc walking about terrorizing people.  And although I don't think man will ever inherit these abilities, man's ability to extract extreme cruelty and visciousness on other persons, knows no boundaries to such a great extent, that man today could put any vampire or werewolf to shame.

The mind of man is incurably wicked...and I am thankful that we have a Redeemer who can cure us of ourselves.

Maranatha!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8234

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 6/7/2012 2:02:33 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This is sickening Jerry,man is a depraved being without God.I was an avid Isaac Asimov fan as a teenager.

Anton.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8236

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 6/8/2012 12:02:40 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I, too, have been horrified by the news lately. It seems to have exploded with evil, evil stuff. But you can't blame TV entirely. It's the movies, internet and even books. I was at Bible study when the subject of the vampire book series, the Harry Potter books and the Hunger Games came up. I was horrified - the whole group was into these books. They considered them "innocent" entertainment. Nothing I said could convince them otherwise.

I suspect soon that this will become common and most of us will be immune to the sense of evil. I have long felt that I need to tread more and more carefully in this society and to keep my mind clean from all the filth abounding around me. I don't care to become a hermit but it is hard to avoid all the bad stuff out there.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8240

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 6/8/2012 2:36:48 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yes, like the Tuskegee Incident <--- hope I did that link right. In this day and age, who could really know what's going on except the devil's mischief is apparent.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 8241

Date: 6/8/2012 2:38:33 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Deborah... it is gruesome. Man has always had the ability to be gruesome, but fortunately most control it to some extent. This behavior is so bizzare it has to be something supernatural.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 8242

Date: 6/8/2012 2:40:32 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Pete... your last sentence summarizes it well. I am glad that God sent us Jesus to save us from ourselves, or we would all be doomed. The world will only get sicker, unfortunately.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 8243

Date: 6/8/2012 2:42:13 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Man IS depraved, and it's only becoming more dismal. I wish Adam and Eve hadn't screwed up so bad, and I am sure had they known what they were doing to their descendants, their children, they would've stuck with the other fruit.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 8244

Date: 6/8/2012 2:44:43 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It is hard to avoid the bad stuff, be can't hide. Hiding is what got us into this mess. Satan is slick. He had God kicked out of school before we even knew what was happening. You are right that it's not just TV. Media is the great manipulator. Jesus said that Satan rules the Earth, and he is having an easy time of it.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 8248

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 6/9/2012 1:24:55 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Well, I guess it's time to stock up on "Zombie Bullets" Never can have too much ammo on hand I say. But it ain't gonna do ya no good if it ain't the right kind!LOL

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 8250

Date: 6/10/2012 8:48:10 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Be careful Dan.. you can't use zombie bullets in a vampire gun!

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 8253

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 6/10/2012 11:17:42 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Really? Ugh...I could have lived my whole life without learning about this. When I was a teenager the Zombies were the big thrill but who would have believed it could happen? The cannabals portrayed in the movies always cooked their victims. Come Lord Jesus...soon.
Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 8254

Posted By: TrudyBooker -
Date: 6/10/2012 1:30:31 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This stuff makes one sick at heart that we are seeing this!!!! I liked the "Zombie Bullets" and "Vampire Gun" HA! I'm glad that we as christians can laugh, because we know how the story ends. I don't keep up with the news very well, so didn't know about these grusome things.

Jerry, read your book "The End" and it was AWESOME!!!!!!  Can't wait for the next one.

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 8255

Date: 6/11/2012 8:24:24 AM

Comments:

Thanks for writing Trudy and glad you liked my first book. Book Two is now available for preorder if you wish. I am trying to figure out how many to order. Here is the link:

http://www.theendthebook.com/pt2.html

When I hear some preachers say they don't like to "talk about" the end times, I can only wonder: don't they know the story has a happy ending?

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 8256

Date: 6/11/2012 8:27:02 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Ellen, I agree that this is definitely an "ugh" moment in time. It's the strangest stuff I have seen in years, that people would do this to one another.

We can only hope that our Messiah will soon come back and save us all... again!

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 8259

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 6/11/2012 1:50:19 PM

Comments:

agree with deborah - just when you think you have heard it all. i am so ready for jesus to come.  some new evil is always there to shock us . what an evel world - it is just going to get worse. people want to believe in anything except god .  all this vampire - drugs , cannabalism - never thought i would live to see and hear that.  it is just shocking.

they are people who do not have jesus and they need him.  you hit the nail on the head pete when you said -

"The mind of man is incurably wicked...and I am thankful that we have a Redeemer who can cure us of ourselves."

thanks Jerry for in insightful article - i could not bring myself to look at the pictures. just reading it was frightening enough.

martha

Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 8262

Date: 6/11/2012 4:19:06 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I am so glad I have met all you guys and gals on this site. OL was a gift from God for me, and I am NOT deserving; but I will accept yet another gift.

I'm glad you didn't look at the photos, and I debated whether to have the link. However, a picture is worth a thousand words (or more). And this is more than "bath salts." This is the epitome of evil spirits. Isn't it interesting that Satan has convinced so many people that he doesn't exist?