Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   8:47:09 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

That Wretched Zionism
Posted By: Jack
6/8/2012 9:37:53 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

It is a shame there isn't a way to add a sixth star! Terrific piece.

(To your point: "terrific" used to mean 'to provoke terror' from the Latin 'terrificus').

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8237

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 6/8/2012 12:49:53 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Right on, Alf. I am a self proclaimed Christian Zionist and proud of it. What many of these "anti-Zionist Christians" forget is the first 200,000 (at least) Christians including our Lord and Savior were Jews. They are God's chosen people and whoever blesses them will be blessed; whoever curses them will be cursed. I believe Him.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8238

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 6/8/2012 1:10:20 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8239

Posted By: garytilory -
Date: 6/8/2012 1:18:04 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Alf we as Christian Zionist need to also be actively reminding the Amillinial/Supersessationist crowd of the nearly 1500 years of death and brutality spewed forth from their pulpits and seminaries. Their theology dominated the church nearly unchecked and unchallenged for almost 1500 years and what do we see in that time period?: pogroms, inquisitions, crusades, deportations, burning at the stakes, and a whole host of evils inspired and instigated by their Augustinian Replacement heresy. It's high time they were confronted for the monstrous crimes against humanity that their heresies have unleashed. It can truly be said that one of the great ironies of this latest attack by the Supersessaniost is that their theology is what lead to the persecution of Jews, which led to zionism, which then lead to the creation of the state of Israel in the first place!
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8245

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 6/9/2012 2:13:06 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: I long for that moment
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8246

Posted By: Ezra -
Date: 6/9/2012 9:58:59 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I'm wondering which would be more accurate to depict ourselves as:  Christian Zionists or Zionist Christians.  Is there a difference?

BTW, Alf thanks for "coming out".  I too am in a loving "gay" marriage.  She has been the love of my life for 28 years.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 8247

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 6/9/2012 11:05:52 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you, Alf. I have resented the takeover of that beautiful word since the beginning. We have a "living" language. I am sorry it hasn't been made the official language of this country, too.
God bless you and your gay marriage. Maranatha!
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 8251

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 6/10/2012 9:39:31 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: "Finally, the ultimate Zionist is God Himself."
AMEN!
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 8257

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 6/11/2012 8:34:34 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Alf... your opening statement got my attention and thought you might enjoy this excerpt from my book (Part One) because it is about the same subject:

“Mommy, is Jesus happy?” When Jeff and Melissa adopted Audry, they didn’t have a clue how precocious she would be, learning to read by
age five. At six years Audry had memorized the multiplication tables, up to 20 X 20.

“What do you mean honey?” answering Audry’s question with a
question.

“You know Mommy, is Jesus happy?”

“Of course he’s happy, honey. Why would you ask?” Melissa never ceased to be surprised by some of the questions posed by her seven year
old.

“Well, I was watching TV, and they were talking about this man on there, you know, named Elton John, who said Jesus was gay. So I got Daddy’s old college dictionary and looked it up; and that man was right, except I thought everybody already knew Jesus was happy.”

Trying not to laugh out loud, Melissa opened the dictionary to see when it was printed, 1960.

“Well I guess you’re right Audry. Gay does mean happy.” At least it used to she thought. But that was then, and this is now; and Elton was not
alluding to Jesus’ happiness, she was sure.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 8258

Posted By: Peter -
Date: 6/11/2012 1:23:33 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Alf -- As a Latin teacher (to local home-schoolers) and an incurable grammarian, I couldn't agree with you more: very informative on one hand and inarguably true on the other, which should seriously infuriate some folks . . . . good! Hopefully an incitement to some rational thought. With mixed emotions I'm forced to observe that whether some get to discuss their view of Zionism with our Lord depends on the setting: the Bema or the White Throne. The truly important factor here is not only that God made promises to Israel, but that it was God who made them. To be brief (and a trifle blunt), I'd far rather have to apologize to Him for taking Him too literally than for not believing Him in the first place. Excellent piece!
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 8260

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 6/11/2012 2:05:40 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

oh alf - thank you for being so politically incorrect. we all need some gaity or is it gayness in our life!!   watching a lot of really old movies and listening to old radio programs - well - it makes you realise how different people of today talk and how language has changed.

i hate to see antisemitism rearing its ugly head - i know it never went away but now is really getting worse. time for jesus to come !

great article - thanks ! 

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 8261

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 6/11/2012 2:58:24 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen Alf.   and that's a great point Peter.  who among us is worthy to even stand in His presence.  how much less those that reject Him entirely because He didn't make Himself more evident to them.

i can see it now "wow so, you're real, well I'd like to ask you some questions..."

"I'm sorry, I don't know who you are and since I don't know you I can't answer any of your questions but here is the place I created for the Devil and his angels where you will now reside for eternity"

a sad sad day that will be.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 8271

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 6/13/2012 7:41:39 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for the great comments and encouragement, everyone.

Jerry, I intend to read your book eventually. I sure wish I could read as fast as Jack can and actually comprehend it all at one go.

I still find it amazing that sober biblical scholars willfuly ignore God's plain promises to Israel.

This particular briefing wrote itself more easily than some others I've produced and I'd like to think God had His hand over it - despite me.

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 8272

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 6/13/2012 8:13:50 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Alf, I am sure God had a hand in your article!  Great job.