Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   8:42:11 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Manifest Destiny
Posted By: Michael
9/18/2012 1:04:49 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Pete, you set me off by mentioning of the the politicians of the 20th century that I most loathe. I never realized just how much damage Wilson did until I read Margaret MacMillan's book: "Paris 1919: Six Months That Changed the World". Although it was released in 2003, I just discovered it last year. MacMillan's book is a detailed account of the hubris of Wilson, Lloyd-George. and Clemenceau. They created countries at random with total disregard for the populations. As one reviewer wrote:

"For six months in 1919, after the end of “the war to end all wars,” the Big Three—President Woodrow Wilson, British prime minister David Lloyd George, and French premier Georges Clemenceau—met in Paris to shape a lasting peace. In this landmark work of narrative history, Margaret MacMillan gives a dramatic and intimate view of those fateful days, which saw new political entities—Iraq, Yugoslavia, and Palestine, among them—born out of the ruins of bankrupt empires, and the borders of the modern world redrawn."

In hindsight, it's easy to see how the actions of these three not only set the stage for another major (read world) war, but guaranteed it. Personally, one of the things that greatly interested me was when an Asian politician requested an audience with Wilson. Wilson brushed him aside as being a nobody, however the man and I had indirect dealings 50 years later. His name was Ho Chi Minh.

Be forewarned that Professor MacMillan's work is no light weekend read. But your time will be well spent if you want to learn many of the causes which Satan - but ultimately GOD - was able to use to bring us where we are today.

PS I've had people tell me that WIlson was a 'good' Christian because his father was a Protestant pastor. Recently I've read that Wilson renounced his Christian beliefs well before he entered politics.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8672

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 9/18/2012 2:08:34 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Absolutely excellent,Pete.

Prophecy in motion.

Anton.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8673

Posted By: GaleWare -
Date: 9/19/2012 4:42:09 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Pete:  Your last two letters have been excellent. I really enjoyed this one about Woodrow Wilson. I was born in 1916, so don't remember him, but I was old enough to hear my parents talk about Al Smith and Herbert Hoover in the 20's.  I do remember that my parents were Democrats and voted for Roosevelt. When I reached age 21, I voted for him too, following in my parents' footsteps...hardly knowing what it was all about.  I wasn't interested in history or civics, so didn't learn much in high school. In my later years I have become an avid reader and love history. I understand now why my daughter and grandchildren vote for Obama. They were taught all the "dumbing down" curriculum of the last 60 years. I saw it beginning in the 50's when my children entered the school system. They think I am crazy because I'm so conservative.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8674

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 9/20/2012 9:13:00 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Well put Pete. Nothing like the truth, even if it's right between the eyes. The hardest part for many people in this country of instant gratification and comfort is the patience part; but like most things it gets easier with practice.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8686

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 9/21/2012 2:42:35 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Well said Pete...I did not know as a youngster when I started voting that all this was going on.
When the Lord introduced me to Bible Prophecy in 1980, I really got on fire for His Word and have only gotten more zealous for The Word as time has marched on to the present!
Come quickly Lord!!!
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8698

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 9/23/2012 7:15:57 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

outstanding pete - nothing like the truth. america has been on a downward spiral for longer than we knew. i bet they don't teach this much true history in schools today.