Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, September 20, 2018   12:13:53 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 1
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Cult of Moses
Posted By: Anton
10/2/2012 1:58:18 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Excellent Pete and Amen.
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8732

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 10/2/2012 2:42:36 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hey, Pete ~ was just reading Romans 9-11 this morning before reading your posting...love The LORD's timing!  I have a Messianic Jewish friend who goes through some of the "Law" teachings.  I say "some" because who can/does keep all 600+ "laws" from the Old Testament?  Isn't that exactly why Jesus came with a "New" Testament??  Anyway, I don't question her about it all, and have in the past, enjoyed celebrating The Passover.  Our Jewish HIStory is marvelous to recall/remember.  

Listening to Our Teacher will enlighten our spirits/minds unto The Truth as He can impart unto us the "FREEDOM!"  (Again, thank you, Mel Gibson, et al!) Jesus came to breathe into His Body of believers, Halleluyah!

Thank you so much, Pete, for bringing this subject to us, as Israel celebrates Succoth.  Grace and peace to you always!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8744

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 10/4/2012 10:09:34 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

As usual: 1) your points are well made, 2) I agree with you, and 3) this topic is something that I care greatly about.

It is also a time-appropriate article that intersects with my greatest passion, "the Word of God in its fullness". When you combine these words of Paul with Jesus' statement that He fulfills (same word as fullness) the Law & Prophets, I am brought to the conclusion the entirety of the Word is intended to fill the space in which we live, like perfume fills a room.

Putting Old and New Testaments together, with faith that Jesus is who He says, and the understanding provided by God's Spirit to those who have answered our Father's call, gives us His Word, in completion. All of it is to be used for our benefit and understanding of His Way for us.

He gave us seasons and ways to keep them so that each year we would corporately and individually recall what He has done, see what he is doing, and consider what He will do ("shadow of things to come"). Note: I believe the NIV makes a mess of Col. 2:17.

All this to say, this is God's harvest season, as shown us, beginning in Lev. 23:23. Currently, we are in the middle of the festival of booths.

Thanks to the One that fulfilled, there is no slaughtering or other cost for us to pay during these annual feasts and festivals.  Even keeping them is not a requirement. But the enemy has stolen the beauty of these celebrations from us and replaced them with traditions of man. He has been so effective in this that God's own people find it hard to tell time and the world knows nothing of it.

Again, Pete, as I've said to you in the past, I love to read your articles and like this one, I find myself in agreement with you. I just wanted to take the opportunity afforded by this well-written piece to go on this tangent. In agreement with what you've said, I wanted to remind your readers that:
1) this is the harvest season;
2) our bodies are a temporary dwelling;
3) the last trumpet will soon be heard;
4) the day is coming when we will realize our atonement;
5) the Jews are living in tents;
6) the "last great day" of judgement will come to all those that dwell on the earth.
7) our reward is eternal. (Lev. 23:23-44)

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8745

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 10/4/2012 2:17:54 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Paul, thank you for such a beautiful post.  What you said about the Church not being able to tell time (and the world knowing nothing of it) reminds me of when I "became" a Protestant rather than one who had been raised Catholic.  When I first attended a "Protestant" church, I was amazed at the buzz before the service.  Catholic church seemed so reverent to me.  Also, as I continued to attend, I realized there was little emphasis on the "seasons" as you stated, and none that were of Jewish belief.  I felt there was so much missing.  

Perhaps "The Church" should be remembering a combination of these two, the Catholic and Jewish, which would reverence what The LORD desires in His Heart for us to recall/practice.  Certainly, like you pointed out, there is no more need for sacrifice of animals, etc. as Jesus Himself is our Sacrifice, "once and for all" - Halleluyah!

Shalom, Brother, and may we "seek His Face" more than any "works"  we might desire to perform.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8747

Posted By: pete -
Date: 10/4/2012 6:47:13 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Anton, Linda, and Paul thank you for your kind words.  I think it would behoove Christians to understand the seasons and feasts, as well as the OT in general to grasp a deeper understanding of our common faith.  Although I don't celebrate them, I am sensitive to them and what they mean prophetically.

As a citizen, I have to obey the laws of the United States.  Being in the military, I have a whole new set of laws laid on top of those called the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) which further restricts me as to my appearance, things I can and can't do, etc.  It is burdensome, and restrictive, and I liken the UCMJ as similar to placing Christians back under a law that is not only not biblical for the Church, but unnecessary.

I don't begrudge anyone who wants to keep them, but don't judge anyone else by them.  I can't judge a non-military citizen by the UCMJ, because it doesn't apply to them even though they have the freedom that my service (and those who came before me) fought to protect.  Same concept.

Again, thanks for the encouragement, it's always appreciated!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8758

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 10/7/2012 10:41:20 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I love your article, Pete!  It is a great mystery why people want to be under the Law. It seems they insist on believing they have a part in their salvation, or in staying saved.  But, like you pointed out, they only want to recognize the laws they think they can keep.  I am so grateful for our Freedom in Christ!