Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, June 20, 2018   7:08:09 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Luke  21 : 25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Requiem for Jimmy
Posted By: KimPointer
10/10/2012 1:29:08 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Beautiful and ispiring story, brought me to tears.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8767

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 10/10/2012 4:16:44 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for sharing, Wendy...very encouraging post.  My sympathy for your loss.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8768

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 10/10/2012 6:20:27 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, this is such a great article!  Thanks for sharing this!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8769

Posted By: JeanP -
Date: 10/10/2012 7:33:40 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, I have read each and every article you have submitted but have never told you how you bless me. For that I am sorry. But, today, I want you to know that the things you choose to write about and the way you string your words together plus your heart for God are a regular blessing to me and I wholeheartedly want to say Thank You and some day meet you on the other side and play some trivia!
May God Bless you and yours. Jean P

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8770

Posted By: JosephTapia -
Date: 10/10/2012 8:54:53 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wonderful message, and so true. I've seen the principle of Hosea 5:15 in people's lives (and mine, of course), and more so now than ever before. Reminds me of Job and Hebrews 12:26-27, and how God uses adversity to make us cling closer to Him.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8771

Posted By: JayMiller -
Date: 10/10/2012 11:14:12 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen Wendy!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 8772

Posted By: Stressedbob & Sherri -
Date: 10/10/2012 11:52:23 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Wendy.  I will be sharing this, it has blessed me so much!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 8773

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 10/11/2012 2:17:52 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Wendy, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Jimmy. To watch anyone, especially a dear friend turn their life around and receive the Lord Jesus is a beautiful thing if know how it feels. I been reading your articles over a year now, & I don't think taking time after a loss is frowned upon by our loving, compassionate, & merciful Lord. You have obviously dedicated a lot of your life to serving Him, and He knows well what's in your heart. God calls us all at His appointed time, and each persons time unique. You answered in the '70s, Jimmy in the 21st century. I've had union with Jesus since my confirmation in 1969; but chose to serve our Lord Sept. 2009. I felt like i wasted so much time as an ungrateful wretch. But our God is so loving, and so merciful, He took that feeling away just by reading His word & sincerely wanting to know Him. I've never lived a happier more satisfying life. But as soon as I hear "Come up hither", I hope I get to meet you, Jimmy, and the rest of the Body of Christ. Until then, I'll do Jesus' will, for His glory and appreciate the opportunity to thank Him a little longer. Thanks so much for sharing. God's blessings.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 8774

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 10/11/2012 10:48:12 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great witness, wonderful story. Thank you, Wendy.
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 8775

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 10/11/2012 11:11:19 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Your talents as a wordsmith are excellent. This was different then your other articles, Im used to your scientific perspective of the world, Show me a Christian Scientist and Ill show you a Scientist with a true open mind.
I really like this article, Your approach was different, It snuck up on me, It hit home!!

P.S. There is a good book inside you Wendy, Waiting for you to write it!!

CG

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 8776

Posted By: LindaHayden -
Date: 10/11/2012 11:42:55 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This article was so encouraging.  No one....absolutely NO ONE is beyond God's grasp, or beyond His grace.  Thank you for reminding me of that.   I may not in this life time get to see the fruit of my labor, but like you said.....a few seeds here, a little water there, and God will bring forth the increase in His time.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 8777

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 10/11/2012 11:53:25 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Beautiful!  Thanks for sharing.  It brings tears of joy to my eyes for another saved!

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 8778

Posted By: msy -
Date: 10/11/2012 7:27:51 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: "The problem is a labor shortage. And I, for one, a regular victim of the tyranny of the urgent, have been taking too many personal days of late." You aren't alone -- but you sure issued a wake-up call with that statement! Thanks!! msY
Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 8780

Posted By: Jack -
Date: 10/12/2012 8:35:29 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wonderful message. Beautifully told.  Thanks, Wendy.

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 8783

Posted By: Leslie -
Date: 10/15/2012 9:20:31 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Wendy. Thanks for the wonderful article.

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 8788

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 10/16/2012 11:56:41 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hey all- thanks much for all the encouraging comments.   It was a bittersweet week- so sorry for the pain that he went through, but so rejoicing that God has wiped all those tears away.   Gave me  new resolve to not let people pass into darkness without a fight.

The world is getting too scary for complacency!

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 8789

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 10/16/2012 11:57:11 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hey all- thanks much for all the encouraging comments.   It was a bittersweet week- so sorry for the pain that he went through, but so rejoicing that God has wiped all those tears away.   Gave me  new resolve to not let people pass into darkness without a fight.

The world is getting too scary for complacency!