Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, March 24, 2018   11:32:28 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Deuteronomy  33 : 24
And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Abortion and Rape Victims
Posted By: JLRobb
11/3/2012 11:14:46 AM

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
life is life. That's just the way it is.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 8842

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 11/4/2012 12:52:09 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you, Rebecca. Like JL posted, "life is life". Since God is the Creator of "life", how must we protect it? The Way He says so in His Word. Rapists should be punished, the woman and her unborn child properly cared for. Believers have God's Truth to follow, even as the world does not.
Praying we can help anyone in a "forced" pregnancy that the LORD would lead us to, and see to it that the rapist be brought to justice. In any/all events, God's mercy upon us all!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 8847

Posted By: Dave Labanow -
Date: 11/5/2012 11:41:42 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

My only disagreement I have with the statement is God allowed it..He did not intend for it.

God can and will use it for good if he is now allowed to do so.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 8848

Posted By: BeckyD -
Date: 11/5/2012 12:11:20 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Yeah, Mourdock's words were poorly chosen.  I think Mourdock was trying to say God allowed the pregnancy to happen, not the rape; which makes it sound like like He allowed the rape to happen.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 8849

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 11/5/2012 2:51:31 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Psalm 139:
13 For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.

15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].

16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.

Clearly life begins at conception...great commentary Becky.

Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!! 

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 8851

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 11/6/2012 8:45:32 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: You were and are a brave woman to write and post this, heroic in my book. And the Psalm 139 is awesome and will use it in Book three!
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 8868

Posted By: SteveRichard -
Date: 11/7/2012 6:57:28 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Thanks Rebecca.

It would be very wise of Pro-Life groups to force the issue and fund the research into proving one way or another if Plan B stops implanatation of a fertilized egg,

In the likely event Plan B works the way of a regular birth control, it would take the Pro death camp's argument on incest and rape away

Secondly, it would give a teenage Christian couple a third option (after a unplanned night of passion) instead of choice A Murder (Abortion) or choice B Single Motherhood. How about Plan B with God's forgiveness and grace, some Christian counselling, action plan and a shot at a second chance, just like when you do other sins.

I wonder how many churches will keep Christian young people in the dark about this info (because they don't want to be seen as promoting fornication) and let them suffer the consequence of their sin with a secret murder or the life long shame of single motherhood and the disadvantages the child gets as a bonus of being raised by a single parent.

Grace and Peace,