Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, September 25, 2018   2:29:07 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Hiding Place: Corrie ten Boom
Posted By: Anton
2/14/2013 12:44:55 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Awesome article Jerry,thanks.
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 9188

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 2/14/2013 1:28:13 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

My favorite story of Corrie was the fleas.  She was complaing about fleas one day and her sister admonished her that we should thank God for all of His creations, even the fleas.  So they did.  And the germans refused to go into the barrak where they were because of all of the fleas...

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 9191

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 2/14/2013 6:13:28 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Anton, and Happy Valentine's Day!!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 9192

Date: 2/14/2013 6:16:54 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for commenting. This is one of the most wonderful stories I've ever researched. You will like this link:

http://shorterdesigns.com/prayercoach/2009/11/29/thank-you-for-the-fleas-about-corrie-ten-boom/

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 9193

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 2/14/2013 6:24:50 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I really enjoyed this commentary, Jerry.  I have always loved Corrie ten Boom, and have bookmarked many of her short stories and quotes.

Great job!

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 9194

Date: 2/14/2013 6:40:14 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks so much. Corrie ten Boom would certainly be a rapture selection in today's world. I didn't know too much about her, but now I do and wonder why i didn't?? Thanks for reading and commenting.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 9195

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 2/14/2013 6:50:32 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you Jerry. Corrie was an amazing woman and a true servant of our Lord. What woman could measure up her?
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 9196

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 2/15/2013 12:08:56 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Jerry, Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful piece of history that shows how the Lord cares for and protects His people even in times of great evil. He raises up advocates to help. Very appropriate for what's coming.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 9197

Posted By: Stressedbob & Sherri -
Date: 2/15/2013 12:53:31 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I think everyone should watch "The Hiding Place".  I am 49 and first saw it as around the age of 12 at church.  The Youth group at church showed it.  It had a deep impact on me.  I bought the movie a couple of years ago when I found out my husband had never heard of Corrie ten Boom.  Her story touches the heart in a way that cannot be forgotton.  Thank you Jerry for spreading the word about her story.  I would love to see churches showing this movie to their youth nowadays.  I agree Danman, it's very appropriate for what's coming.

Sherri

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 9198

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 2/15/2013 8:40:37 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

i never knew about this amazing woman untill i saw the movie the hiding place years ago. it does touch your heart . thanks for the article -  a good reminder of someone and something that we should never forget.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 9207

Posted By: G Thompson -
Date: 2/16/2013 2:11:04 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: She doesn't believe the pre trib rapture. See http://endtimepilgrim.org/corrie.htm
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 9208

Date: 2/18/2013 7:55:43 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Ellen. The Nazi tragedy did bring out the best in a few loving people willing to take a huge risk. Schindler was another. Maybe that's the silver lining.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 9209

Date: 2/18/2013 7:57:04 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Danman, and you are correct. Every cloud has a silver lining (I didn't make that up!) and the Nazi scourge brought out the best in a few

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 9210

Date: 2/18/2013 8:13:34 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Sherri. There is another Hiding Place movie coming out this year I think. Here is the trailer: http://youtu.be/HTZtGgk-EqI

I agree that kids should see The Hiding Place and also, Schindler's List; but unfortunately schools are too busy teaching 4th graders about infidelity! (just heard that on the news this morning) Oh for the days of readin', writin' and 'rithmetic!

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 9211

Date: 2/18/2013 8:14:36 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Martha. Return to the Hiding Place is a movie that will be out this year I think. Here is the movie trailer: http://youtu.be/HTZtGgk-EqI

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 9212

Date: 2/18/2013 8:16:46 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yes, that was true. But there are a lot of people who don't and some who don't bel;ieve in the rapture at all. I have read a lot about pre, mid and post tribulation theories. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 9214

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 2/18/2013 4:58:58 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

thanks for the link  looks like a good movie . didn't realise they were making another movie.