Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   8:46:03 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Peter  3 : 3
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Offensive Cross
Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd
3/26/2013 8:55:12 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
The wages of sin is death. For sin to be forgiven that price has to be paid. It's not because of God. It's the nature of sin to cut us off from God and therefore we die. The life is in the blood, as you have previously posted. Therefore blood must be shed. Life for life. His Life being sinless could pay the price; being infinite and eternal he overcame death. God isn't being vindictive. What people do not understand is the seriousness of sin, consequently they do not understand the graciousness of the remedy and the free gift of salvation.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 9357

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 3/26/2013 10:17:05 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: God Needs to apologize, That made my jaw drop, Blood is life. Our for fathers shed blood for our freedom and thats easy enough to understand but shedding blood for Our sins confuses the godless. I see a break away moment in the church between them and us. In truth I dont want anything to do with them. What I see in them are the men who will one day dine with the Antichrist, They will think for a spell that they are on top of the world. Then the moment will come when these men who have a masters in divinity will be asked to do things they know will mean the end of there soul, If they refuse the Antichrist will ask for there blood. Maybe then they will understand that Blood is life. We all have it, but only so much, when we give it all away freely it is the ultimate gift that any man could ever give.
Great article Wendy, it seems like every day I see something that shows me we are ever closer to that glorious day!

CG
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 9359

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 3/26/2013 10:42:00 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP2hJJx6WMM

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 9360

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 3/26/2013 11:12:02 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The answer to your last question in the article, Wendy, is "a much bigger fool". I agree completely that we don't understand just how serious sin is to God. The lost don't see sin as an issue at all and we understand it is terrible, but don't really understand just how bad it is before God. We'll find out someday. Hopefully, some day very soon!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 9361

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 3/26/2013 12:03:37 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Let us remember what Peter said, "For the time is come that judgment begin at the house of God: and if it first begin with us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the Gospel of God?"

There are going to be many people believeing they are Christians with a look of bewilderment who are still on this earth after the Rapture.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 9363

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 3/26/2013 1:01:35 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Awesome...God does not change...the psycho bable coming out of so many "Christian" churches these days is alarming and should remind us of the late date at which we are presently. Maranatha.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 9364

Posted By: DorothyAddington -
Date: 3/26/2013 2:29:10 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: HOME RUN ARTICLE, Wendy!
So needed to be spoken to this culture today!
Dotty A.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 9366

Posted By: NicoleBoedeker -
Date: 3/26/2013 3:15:08 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wow, wow, wow! I absolutely loved this! As I wrote in the forums on a thread..."just because they are educated doesn't mean they are intelligent...don't confuse the two". Holy moley, is that evident here by the statements of these "preachers", and God help those left behind if this brand of ilk is all they have to turn to in the first days, weeks, months after we are called Home.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 9367

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 3/26/2013 3:43:57 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The weird thing is they say something that sounds right on and what follows is not only non sequitur but also just plain nonsensical. 

I wonder if the reason so many seem to be following this reimagining of Christianity is because so many of them scoff at prophecy, even while we see it unfolding before our eyes.

My grandfather always said "If you cut the bible it bleeds".  I knew it didn't really bleed but I think I finally understand what he meant; if you cut out the parts you don't like it has no life and we're seeing that now...

Thanks Wendy, God Bless!!!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 9371

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 3/26/2013 7:31:57 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article again this week, Wendy.  I was surprised to see it posted early intead of on Wednesday -- you are on the ball.  Thanks!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 9382

Posted By: GlennGarner -
Date: 3/27/2013 12:16:29 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks, Wendy. This is a needed perspective. The infinite patience of God and Savior is amazing as we see Him take our sins upon Himself and die that we might live. And the blessed assurance we have in knowing He will never change His mind.

Why me, Lord? Oh yes, because of Your everlasting LOVE You went to that Old Rugged Cross! Praise and thanksgiving fill my being!
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 9383

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 3/27/2013 3:46:16 AM

Comments:

More fool me.Thanks Wendy.

Anton.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 9384

Posted By: Linda G -
Date: 3/27/2013 8:52:44 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I don't know what all you will think but I invite your comments. There is such economy in the Word of God, and such depth at the same time. Just the other day I was thinking about "the wages of sin is death.". Well, what are wages? Wages are something that when we work, we are paid. The payday is expected. And in some ways we work at sin. I think Jack Kelley has pointed out that the one commandment Jesus repeatedly broke was to keep the Sabbath rest. And the Pharisees were some angry, even when He was bringing the dead back to life, they plotted to kill Him.

Anyways, long story short, if the wages of sin are death (and I've earned my pay) and Jesus says "Come to me, all ye who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" then by His death and resurrection He has cancelled out our "paycheque" that we deserve and we get a rest from our labours instead. He is our rest, He is the "Sabbath", He did all the work and we get as it were a vacation, all expenses paid, for eternity because of Him.

Just want to say how profoundly saddened I am by our temporary loss of our "Jack", I'm a "lurker" but the Kinsella family and all the Omega letter has been such a blessing to me while I have had struggles from every angle you can imagine. Sometimes it's more than the brain can take in, that we'll be sharing not only eternity with all the "Hall of Famers" swapping stories about what Christ did for us, but we get to dwell in the house of the Lord forever! Not a visit, a homecoming!

May God bless you all, your witness reaches further than you know.

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 9386

Posted By: Laura -
Date: 3/27/2013 2:44:37 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Once again these so called educated people have thought themselves stupid.

I think if we really understoond sin as God sees it we would run for the hills from it or be so disgusted by it we would be ill. 

I usually remember something about a dog going back to his own vomit and everytime I sin I think there goes idiot Laura back to her vomit again.  Then I thank Jesus for the cross because it it wasn't for the cross I probably would be rolling around it my own vomit and think it was fun.

Laura/Fl

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 9387

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 3/27/2013 2:49:18 PM

Comments: Thanks Wendy!
We are Saved by Grace through Faith in the Precious BLOOD of Jesus...the COMPLETED Work of the Cross!
It is a GIFT of God dear friends!!!
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!
Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 9394

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 3/28/2013 10:53:28 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Lots of great input everybody!  It is truly amazing to hear what comes out of the mouths of the "wise" of this world, isn't it?   

It seems to me that there is so much going on now that is accepted that should obviously be recognized as insane (us giving the Arab world---happy to admit that they would love to kill every American--a bazillion dollars, for example) and there is no rational explanation for that except denomic influences,  It's crazy!

Thy commandments make me wise than my enemies, for they are every mine....

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 9426

Posted By: Danielle Patton -
Date: 3/29/2013 6:03:34 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Stupid
Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 9438

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 3/30/2013 7:56:14 AM

Comments: Revisionist Bible history.It happens so slowly, the church doesn't seem to catch on, nor Christianity in general. Maybe we are too busy dancing with the stars instead of dancing with God. Great Easter article Wendy!I posted everywhere.
Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 9439

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 3/30/2013 8:50:04 AM

Comments:

outstanding article - god will clean his own house first. there is so much crap that comes out of some liberal educated mouths - it is conceit and that old lie from the garden - they think they are a god. thank god for bright intelligent people who know the truth of their own fallen state and understand god's mercy and grace and love toward us that he went to that "offensive cross".  nothing saves but the blood of jesus.

thank you wendy!!

Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 10230

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 9/3/2013 8:26:32 PM

Comments: http://thealmondrod.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/lshanah-tovah-tikatevi-vtaihatemi.html

Happy New Year!