Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   12:31:40 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  4 : 3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Sinkholes and Landslides
Posted By: Mark R
4/25/2013 11:49:15 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Facinating JL!!!
Is it possible the cities are pre-flood? Have they brought anything up or documented writing, etc.?
Great reading. It seems the only way to make Islands diasppear and mountains collapse would involve techtonic activity we can't fathom. That would be God's direct doing or underground ordinance of god-like proportion!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 9613

Posted By: Phillip Flint -
Date: 4/25/2013 2:04:38 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: How interesting and scary. Enjoy your articles, keep them coming!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 9614

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 4/25/2013 7:01:37 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Jerry, fascinating stuff, to be sure. The most famous 'lost city' of course is Atlantis, which legends say was comperable to our most advanced cities of today. One can only speculate until evidence is presented what caused these places to disappear; either swallowed up, or destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah because their sins became so great they were a complete abomination to the Lord, mostly because of their lack of repentance. That is probably what is occuring today, although you'll never hear that from today's God of the Bible hating media. People might have to actually look at the true cause of the trouble in this world: removing God from all society, people's love of sin and desires of the flesh, and lack of
repentance & taking responsibility for their own actions. God is in control, and like Jesus said, these are only the beginning of sorrows. The world will continue to reap what it's sown until Jesus' return. Maranatha.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 9618

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 4/28/2013 8:33:14 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It seems that a tectonic action would be likely to sink an entire island or city, but these sinklholes seem to be getting larger! Port Royal, Jamaica was another city, known for decadence, that sank. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/events/1692_06_07.php

It's interesting, all the "stuff" that's going on that hasn't gone on before.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 9619

Date: 4/28/2013 8:40:13 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Joshua, and thanks for writing. Yes, it is scary because apparently the ground doesn't rumble like with an earthquake. I just can't imagine. If you google "sinkholes of the world" you will see some amazing things! Thanks again

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 9620

Date: 4/28/2013 8:45:26 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It seems strange that all my friends who think God is a myth, and I have several, because there is no real "evidence," are eager to believe in Atlantis, with no "real" evidence. Of course, to me the whole bible is evidence, just as Homer and Socrates' writings were evidence. I doubt that it is a "legend" at all and will eventually be discovered underwater someplace. Maybe Noah's ark will one day be discovered. That should hold some interesting DNA.