Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   2:00:18 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Ephesians  2 : 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Eve and Adam
Posted By: PaulLaymon
6/20/2013 10:07:31 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
I love your literary style rooted in sarcasm. It reads like something I wish I could write but sadly, I can't keep a written line of thinking long enough to keep a reader.

I would like for you to know, however, that there are a couple of lines you've used that I take issue with. They are:
"We may never know for certain which is true" - regarding the creation of man; and
"If there is a hell".

I believe you've written these as sarcastic questions, but I just wanted to clarify that you and I know the answers to these questions with as much certainty as we can know anything.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 9889

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 6/20/2013 10:22:45 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I absolutely agree.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 9890

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 6/20/2013 10:34:18 AM

Comments:

"If there is a hell, I hope they are confined to wearing a tent everywhere they go with tiny slits they could see through."

Not sure what you meant here, J.L. Of course there's a hell and I know that you know that. Good article and entertaining as well. I was just confused by the purpose of that statement.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 9891

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 6/20/2013 11:00:24 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You know what Kerry? I thought the same thing at first.  Coming at it from a different perspective with sarcasm, this is more an article that is meant to cause the skeptic/unbeliever to "think".  Much like Jerry's books, he puts his mind into the world of the "moral" unbeliever who is witnessing the world falling apart. 

So...This is what this world is coming too.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 9892

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 6/20/2013 1:59:04 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: JL:
interesting segway from creation to radical Islam or should I say fundamental Islam...you know the kind that dominates the Middle East but doesn't exist here. It doesn't exist here so much in fact that while the FBI can infiltrate any Christian church or Jewish synagogue it likes, I cannot do so in Islamic mosques!

I believe this is a curse on the West, I believe, it is part of our chastisement (call it political correct dysphoria-PCD...an epidemic mental disorder particularly affecting those with liberal leanings most severely). Without repentance I fear this nonsense approach will one day fully blossom into mushroom clouds over US cities, but I pray I am wrong. I'd be very happy to be wrong in fact.
May God have mercy on us, we are too stupid to label an Islamic terrorist what he is when he murders fellow military men and women in plain sight and then grows his ceremonial beard (dyed red to boot). Why is this guy still alive?? PCD that's why.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 9895

Posted By: TheWisbeys -
Date: 6/20/2013 3:18:01 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: I liked the article and we the general readers know there IS a literal Hell. I'm just glad I don't have to be the one who does the judging. Thank-you Jesus

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 9898

Date: 6/21/2013 7:48:36 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for reading Kerry, and commenting. A lot of time I try to write to make the unbeliever who might possibly read my stuff, think about his belief system, or lack of. They don't generally believe in heaven or hell, or much else for that matter.  Jerry

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 9899

Date: 6/21/2013 7:49:37 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Kari. Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 9900

Date: 6/21/2013 7:54:37 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for the segway comment; and of course had Eve been dominant, the Muslim men would be the ones in Burqas. I agree with you that we (the West) are being chastized. God has done it to the Israelis throughout history for their defiance and arrogance toward God. When He offered salvation to the gentile world, with that came a certain responsibility, like: Don't rewrite God's laws. If one doesn't care to follow the rules, don't; but don't rewrite the rule. We, the West have done a lot of rewriting, in my opinion.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 9901

Date: 6/21/2013 7:57:31 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you TheWisbys. I don't think you've commented on my stuff before, and I appreciate it! I agree that judging is difficult, and then meting out the punishment or discipline is even harder.  Jerry

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 9903

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 6/21/2013 4:48:09 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for clarification Kari and Jerry. As sarcastic as I am, I should have completely recognized it as such. I might be slipping a bit

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 9908

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 6/24/2013 1:36:22 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

love your articles and sense of humor!  i always thought bin ladin traveled incognito under a burka - good disguise - no? maybe as tall as he was someone would have noticed. 

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 9920

Date: 6/26/2013 7:55:52 AM

Comments:

Thanks Martha. bin Laden was abnormally tall for an Arab, but I'm sure he thought about it! I try not to be too judgmental, but... Islamic extremism seems to be more extreme than other religious extremists.  j

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 10480

Posted By: DavidJordan2013113 -
Date: 11/6/2013 3:01:09 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Seeing there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus and He treats us exactly the same with the exact same standards of the heart, I would think writing about our so called gender differences or first arrivals etc... might be counter-productive as we are equal and not different.

Our gender or sexual parts make no difference. IMO and I think the Lord sees it that way as well.